GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I don't even want to think far ahead but if he is convicted, I'm sure they'll file an appeal. Imagine the public reaction if he is convicted, appeals, and IF IF IF conviction is overturned or a new trial granted or anything else in his a favor.

Well - I'm not going to think further down that rabbit hole now. Eagerly and anxiously awaiting to see what the jury decided.

I think the delay is to make sure that all security and National Guard are in place in the area. I know that mayors of many cities have been preparing for this so I would imagine the wait is security driven with plans needed for jurors, families of Mr. Floyd and the defendant and all city/state workers.

Finally at a TV....NBC showing ariel view, 1000 already at court house.

I was 7, in the 60s, during riots in my town. I was so scared and afraid. So many on both sides were hurt and suffered loss. It leaves emotional scars for all, especially children.

I pray for comfort for all tonight. Bless all the children.

Moo....

Last edited:
Yes that is very likely. No matter the verdict, someone will be angry and there could be more rioting and burning. Lots of security around the courthouse. All of us in MN are anxious about the city. Of all our family, we are the only ones that are rural, everyone lives near or in Mpls.

I don't know. Those who do riot and stuff usually do so out of a desperate sense that society doesn't value their lives. If there is some sort of reasonable verdict against Chauvin, we are unlikely to see much of that sort of thing. I can't recall any rioting after verdicts convicting LE of a serious crime in connection with one of these cases.

oh I hope she stays safe, and you and other loved one's as well.

I am far removed and feel nervous for the city :( stay safe all.
I'm not in Minneapolis but my neighborhood in Manhattan has been very active in protests, etc. We are watching - people are definitely paying attention. I don't expect tonight to be quiet.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members