GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that riots across our nation have resulted in over two billion dollars in damages over George's murder.
YET the entire majority of the country of ALL RACES immediately came together to condemn what DC did to George. Also all police departments everywhere condemned it as well.

I just find that very ironic, and very sad as well.

Jmho
Not everyone, by a long shot. BBM.

Yes. I don’t believe the polar opposite of what they found. I just don’t agree with everything. Seems I’m the only one. LOL. That’s fine.

Well like I said, based on the facts I know, the last two charges seem to fit more. But I didn’t watch the trial. I didn’t see how the prosecution laid out the elements and showed how the facts fit the elements.

The other officers should try to get a plea deal after this verdict. JMO
I think Lane should go to trial. I think the video's show he tried to save Floyd's life more than once. He checked for a pulse, wanted to turn him over on his side and assisted in the ambulance. His knee wasn't on Floyd's neck.
I understand if someone dies while in the commission of a felony, and you have participated in that felony, you are guilty, however, in this case, Lane didn't volunteer. He was dispatched to the crime scene as part of his job.
After watching all of those videos, I'll go a step further by saying he shouldn't have even been fired.
MOO.

I think Lane should go to trial. I think the video's show he tried to save Floyd's life more than once. He checked for a pulse, wanted to turn him over on his side and assisted in the ambulance. His knee wasn't on Floyd's neck.
I understand if someone dies while in the commission of a felony, and you have participated in that felony, you are guilty, however, in this case, Lane didn't volunteer. He was dispatched to the crime scene as part of his job.
After watching all of those videos, I'll go a step further by saying he shouldn't have even been fired.
MOO.
He doesn't stand a chance after this verdict. He will also be found guilty. JMO

I think we have to assume that the jurors weighed the entirety of the evidence as the trial progressed. To think otherwise is insulting to the jurors and to the whole system of justice IMO.
I don't mean to sound insulting to the jurors, nor to anyone here. I'm grateful for the verdict reached. It was necessary to begin to restore some peace and humanity.

Moments of celebration help keep up spirits, remind us that we want better for our nation and remind us that we CAN do better. Celebrations nourish ourselves and each other, which we all desperately need after the past year - at least I do.

It's perfectly okay not to celebrate if you don't want, but it's also a day for relief and....feeling good. I feel good. Tomorrow there is more work to do. Tonight, I celebrate.

jmo
I feel as you do. You said it better than I could. Thank you!

MOO.

I agree. I would reinstate Lane personally. He was not culpable.

He doesn't stand a chance after this verdict. He will also be found guilty. JMO

Disagree. Chauvin was 100% guilty IMO. Lane's actions were very different that day and I think the evidence shows this.

I CAN NOT believe thePresident of the United States has made the comments he did yesterday and today. Totally inappropriate and in violation of the Constitution. Not to mention it adds even more fodder to the arguments for an overturn on an appeal.

I missed it....what did he say?

I agree. I would reinstate Lane personally. He was not culpable.

Disagree. Chauvin was 100% guilty IMO. Lane's actions were very different that day and I think the evidence shows this.
I’m a little eager for the trials of the other officers TBH. I don’t think his actions were all that different, as were his words. Had his actions been different, we might not be here today. That’s just how I feel now. That’s subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks