VA VA - Allyson Dalton, 2 months, Strasburg, 27 July 1998 *mother murdered, stabbed to death*

Sorry, I did spell her name wrong in my post. I know about the articles in more recent times but there was barely anything at the time the event occurred except for that one blurb in the newspaper. That is what I found shocking. The newer stuff tells a lot but I can't help but think if there had been more in the newspapers back in 1998 it could have been helpful to us now. I know some of the other cases I've looked into the newspaper articles from the time had a lot of things that were left out of more recent articles. Sometimes you can glean little bits from various newspapers and it was just disappointing this case had so little in the newspapers. When I searched the newspapers though I didn't just look by name because I thought (hoped) perhaps they had just mentioned the case without naming names because it involved a minor so I also looked for reported homicides and kidnappings for that same week and the week after where there was no name and found nothing. I also looked for anything her family may have posted looking for information as well and found nothing.

I never got around to looking through old TV news archives but there could be something there locally. I live close to the area so someday when I have free time during daylight hours I may try to drive the hour away and really look into this more. IMO the baby's father had more to do with this then he's telling but, I can't back that up with anything more than suspicion right now.

You may not be aware of several things. Just because you can't find something online does not mean it never existed. You'd possibly have to contact someone at a newspaper to see if they had anything printed.
There was a lawsuit awhile back, and a person was claiming oh, either posted items she authored or something printed in a book, newspaper or magazine. She objected to the use of her 'intellectual property', and she filed a lawsuit and she won. I guess it set some kind of precedent and all these other people were then objecting to the use of their stuff. As a result, information previously available online is gone. I won't name her unless someone gives me grief, this is information on a particular lawsuit. If I am specific, I'll have to do a search and it's after 5 am and I never should have turned my computer on a couple hours ago. Sorry. Do you want more detail and names?

Sorry, I did spell her name wrong in my post. I know about the articles in more recent times but there was barely anything at the time the event occurred except for that one blurb in the newspaper. That is what I found shocking. The newer stuff tells a lot but I can't help but think if there had been more in the newspapers back in 1998 it could have been helpful to us now. I know some of the other cases I've looked into the newspaper articles from the time had a lot of things that were left out of more recent articles. Sometimes you can glean little bits from various newspapers and it was just disappointing this case had so little in the newspapers. When I searched the newspapers though I didn't just look by name because I thought (hoped) perhaps they had just mentioned the case without naming names because it involved a minor so I also looked for reported homicides and kidnappings for that same week and the week after where there was no name and found nothing. I also looked for anything her family may have posted looking for information as well and found nothing.

I never got around to looking through old TV news archives but there could be something there locally. I live close to the area so someday when I have free time during daylight hours I may try to drive the hour away and really look into this more. IMO the baby's father had more to do with this then he's telling but, I can't back that up with anything more than suspicion right now.

Hi, I live only a mile away from where the crime took place. I’ve read a bunch of articles on it but I plan to check out the local library and see if there is anything else. I’ve thought about filing a FOIA but, in Virginia, it seems to be really expensive. The police seem to have completely ruled out the boyfriend due to his assistance in investigating the crime. I wonder if it was someone like a nurse or another female Sylena may have met that wanted to steal the baby for themselves. It’s not uncommon for that to happen. Her mother has moved just north of here because she can’t stand to live near the murder and abduction anymore. It’s just very sad. Virginia state police consider it open so even with an FOIA they will only send stuff that won’t hinder the investigation.

Hi, I live only a mile away from where the crime took place. I’ve read a bunch of articles on it but I plan to check out the local library and see if there is anything else. I’ve thought about filing a FOIA but, in Virginia, it seems to be really expensive. The police seem to have completely ruled out the boyfriend due to his assistance in investigating the crime. I wonder if it was someone like a nurse or another female Sylena may have met that wanted to steal the baby for themselves. It’s not uncommon for that to happen. Her mother has moved just north of here because she can’t stand to live near the murder and abduction anymore. It’s just very sad. Virginia state police consider it open so even with an FOIA they will only send stuff that won’t hinder the investigation.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you for welcoming me to the community! Sorry for the duplicate post. It was loading weird and I guess I hit it twice.

As for the Dalton case, when you were saying something about a person suing someone for using their “work.” Were you saying a reporter did that? I’m sorry I read back and I didn’t follow exactly what was happening in the thread.

Thank you for welcoming me to the community! Sorry for the duplicate post. It was loading weird and I guess I hit it twice.

As for the Dalton case, when you were saying something about a person suing someone for using their “work.” Were you saying a reporter did that? I’m sorry I read back and I didn’t follow exactly what was happening in the thread.

I am not sure what you are referring to "using their work."

I am not sure what you are referring to "using their work."
Sorry, since I’m so new to this I was looking at the wrong comment. The comment was made by “California Sunset.”
She objected to the use of her 'intellectual property', and she filed a lawsuit and she won. I guess it set some kind of precedent and all these other people were then objecting to the use of their stuff. ”
I’ll direct my question to them. Sorry for all the newbie mistakes.

Hey all, the VSP and Strasburg police have just made an announcement that they are "awaiting results from new, advanced DNA testing utilized as part of the still ongoing criminal investigation." I wonder what that means? Does this mean they found her alive? Or they found a hit for possibly the murderer/abductor? Maybe they have actually found Allyson!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.37.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.37.14 PM.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members