GUILTY PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, murdered, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #4

Human remains found in search for missing Amish woman: Will officials confirm it’s Linda Stoltzfoos?
During a press conference this morning, the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office is expected to confirm that, sadly, after months of searching, investigators have finally found the remains of Linda Stoltzfoos, the 18-year-old Amish girl who vanished last June.

The discovery of those remains near a water treatment company at Gap, is likely to bring some degree of solace to Stoltzfoos’ family.

While I'm sad we are at this point, I'm glad this family will have closure. :/
Sad, yes, but keep in mind that now that they have her body, (if it is her) It will be hard to show reasonable doubt that she may still be alive when it goes to trial.
I think it's fair to say that if JS is guilty of this, having her body will provide much more direct evidence to strengthen the case to get a conviction and avoid an appeal.

It's nice to see a community come and work together like everyone did in Lancaster County. I remember last summer, the turnout was huge and the search went on and on for weeks on end in the hot summer sun. They never gave up. Although most will never see this...Kudos to all involved.

I never forgot her all these months. Although the ID isn't confirmed, I'm guessing it will be Linda. Sad outcome. The family will hopefully be able to bring her home and rest if it is Linda.

I have no doubt that it’s her; hasn’t her family said it was? I guess legally, for the sake of the trial, it has to be confirmed officially. But it sounds like her family doesn’t doubt it.

@GraceGriffaton
Yesterday, on the 10-month anniversary of Linda's disappearance, law enforcement discovered human remains behind Justo Smoker's workplace, Dutchland Inc. They feel confident the remains are that of Linda's. They were in a grave, wrapped in a tarp. She was moved here several days after homicide.
Investigators believe Smoker moved Linda's body from a site off Harvest Drive in Ronks to the grave he made behind Dutchland Inc. in Gap, where he worked.
Body had a bonnet and clothing matching Linda’s. autopsy on Friday
DA Adams says she is ethically restrained from telling us more on how they were able to find the remains.
@Lancaster_DA
says they searched the area before but notes that the body was buried and was not on business property. Said it took tools to get to the remains.
Authorities can’t comment on if Justo Smoker has been cooperative throughout the investigation

@fox43
EzljWy_WEAY-M9N

Last edited:
Watching the presser now.
I am so happy they kept searching and able to find her for her family.
Family was brought to the scene yesterday when she was found.
I cannot imagine the emotional turmoil they are going through.

Railroad property-- I said at the very beginning to follow the RR tracks and surrounding land next to RR tracks.
They did search around there before but apparently not that specific spot.

I have no doubt that it’s her; hasn’t her family said it was? I guess legally, for the sake of the trial, it has to be confirmed officially. But it sounds like her family doesn’t doubt it.
Maybe found distinctive clothing that would match her. The only other person that came to mind is Kortne Stouffer who is missing from Palmyra PA. IMO

Maybe found distinctive clothing that would match her. The only other person that came to mind is Kortne Stouffer who is missing from Palmyra PA. IMO
They found a dress and a bonnet with the body.
Now we know why the Cadaver dogs hit at the location of where her bra and underwear were found.
My thoughts were unless he removed them after she was dead, they wouldn't have hit. She was buried there too before he moved her body.

I don't think this should be a DP case.
I thought perhaps before she was found, it may have been good to use as a plea bargaining tool to get JS to tell LE where her body was, in exchange for LWOP.
Not only would it be harder for a jury to convict in a DP case, there have only been three executions since 1979 in PA; and as it stands now Governor Wolf has put a moratorium on the DP.
I say go for LWOP. JMO.

I don't think this should be a DP case.
I thought perhaps before she was found, it may have been good to use as a plea bargaining tool to get JS to tell LE where her body was, in exchange for LWOP.
Not only would it be harder for a jury to convict in a DP case, there have only been three executions since 1979 in PA; and as it stands now Governor Wolf has put a moratorium on the DP.
I say go for LWOP. JMO.
Although I personally don't like Gov Wolf, I think being that she is Amish and they are extremely forgiving people, they may not want the DP anyway. IMO

I just spoke to my Amish friend from Lancaster and her body was found more near Dutchland where he worked in an area closer to Gap. He lived in Gap and I think Dutchland is in Gap or right outside of Gap. So very sad but glad she was finally found. Rest in Peace Linda and prayers for your family.

When I saw the breaking news I was swept away with such sadness because such a beautiful life was so brutally taken. But I was also relieved that her family can now makes sure she has a proper burial where she can finally rest in gentle peace.

Everytime such evil takes such good people from all of us our world becomes dimmer.

I knew this evil monster wouldn't ever give up the location where threw her away like she didn't have any value. He was wrong for he was the only one that didnt care about Linda.

I won't ever forget her sweet face. She glowed with innocence, and goodness.

God be with all who loved Linda.

Jmoo

Now we know why he was at the Harvest Road address for an hour on the day of the abduction.

I've said this several times before but had the trooper responded to the Harvest Structures' owner's call quicker and arrived whilst Smoker was still there then he likely would have discovered Linda's body in the trunk of the Kia.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back