GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow, I guess they were taken by surprise, too.

The surviving Rhoden, Manley and Gilley families have been great at keeping everything quiet. Jake agreed to the deal on 4/17 and AC said the families had agreed to the plea deal, so they all knew about this for a while.

I had a feeling something was up when so many of them filed into the courtroom.

DeWine live PC

Watch Live Newscasts

Said Angie Canepa was embedded in this case for 5 years. She lived it.

Also complimented Sheriff Reader.

We've all heard of "In Cold Blood", this was "In Cold, Cold, Cold, Cold Blood".

It was a quite "good while" before they began zeroing in on this family.

Sheriff Reader was the one who pushed them to get it done. We have to go with this.

Sheriff called it in quickly, the right thing to do. BCI analysts got there before him.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Angela murdered Kenny, and George murdered Frankie and Hannah. Jake/Billy murdered those at Dana's and Chris and Gary.
I'm going to guess there were at least 2-3 of the W4 at each murder scene. I'm also guessing FR and HG were shot simultaneously by two gunmen. One on either side of their bed. The scene at Dana's was the most complicated as they had two adults and one teen to deal with, I doubt one gunman shot them all. CRsr must have had at least 2 maybe 3 of the W4 there.

I realized we can't assume one gunman killed everyone at each crime scene, it was probably a combination of gunman at each crime scene.

We know Billy, Jake and G4 had favored guns. Do we have enough autopsy information to deduce what guns(caliber bullets) were used to kill each victim?

Reporter on Fox 19 said, yes, Jake did tell them where the guns were. Prosecution has them now.

Not sure if judge will let them be told that Jake has taken a plea or what information Jake gave them.

I'm going to guess there were at least 2-3 of the W4 at each murder scene. I'm also guessing FR and HG were shot simultaneously by two gunmen. One on either side of their bed. The scene at Dana's was the most complicated as they had two adults and one teen to deal with, I doubt one gunman shot them all. CRsr must have had at least 2 maybe 3 of the W4 there.

I realized we can't assume one gunman killed everyone at each crime scene, it was probably a combination of gunman at each crime scene.

We know Billy, Jake and G4 had favored guns. Do we have enough autopsy information to deduce what guns(caliber bullets) were used to kill each victim?
I thought it was said in one of the posted news articles that Jake killed 5 of the victims.

Yes, they've known, the caliber of the bullets has been revealed.

I thought it was said in one of the posted news articles that Jake killed 5 of the victims.

Yes, that's what AC said.

Legal reporter on Fox 19 now.

Says they had strong evidence against Jake. He wanted to spare his life, and that's what he did.

Others are segregated, not sure they know what Jake did today. Guessing they probably know by now due to jailhouse grapevine.

Guessing Jake was the only one prosecution approached with a deal. Maybe other 3 cases are stronger, may not take DP off the table.

When will we get details? When all 4 cases are resolved. Prosecutors won't let that info out until all 4 are finished.

Probably, but AC only presented a summary in the Statement of Facts. It did say he admitted to killing 5 of the 8 victims. We'll have to see what happens with the other cases. It will take a while longer. Some may plead some charges, but not others. If any of the other 3 didn't kill anyone, they may try not to plead guilty to the murder charges. IDK. The definition of murder includes knowing a murder is taking place and doing nothing to stop it.
I just listened to the court proceeding again, and he agreed to the statement that did name the other 3 Wagners and did not limit the list to them only.

I wonder what finally caused Jake to suddenly agree to a plea. Maybe something that was revealed on G4's recent hearing or Billy's?

I think it was these last 3 major Documents turned over for Jake to read:

1.) Transcripts of George's Bond Hearing

2.) Transcripts of Audio Recordings

3.) List of Other Acts Evidence

Each one is crucial but all 3 together is devastating.

I have been following this since the beginning. Would love to know your thoughts ColMustard

Glad this much is over, it's a huge step. It will never be over for the families, but this is a step.

After we learned more early on, I kept a space open for all the Ws as suspects. Many people did, but someone was always there to tamp down suspicions.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

We know there was a 9mm and a .30 caliber rifle at CR's, and a .22 at FR's. Just from memory, I could be wrong.

I think it was these last 3 major Documents turned over for Jake to read:

1.) Transcripts of George's Bond Hearing

2.) Transcripts of Audio Recordings

3.) List of Other Acts Evidence

GW4's bond hearing was last August. Jake hadn't heard about Agent Scheiderer's testimony before now? Interesting, if true.

I agree, though, that it was probably his defense attorneys who likely began working on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni