Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

I seem to remember someone here saying that women tend to take longer in the loo than us men. So let's assume he came out before her, why didn't he wait for her? Unless the grey-haired man, if there was one, persuaded him to go somewhere with him. Quite plausible.

That was actually my question you linked with your post, crazychris!

Yes, he could have been lured off by someone after he came out. The programme didn't state really what his mental faculties were like, aside from the physical disability. If he had also sustained some damage there it might have attributed to him not being as guarded as one might be.

If find it still very odd that a letter written by a random stranger with no inside information or detailed knowledge of the family would become so central in the investigation, decades after the officers at that time put it aside - and rightly so IMO.

The senior detective from Avon & Somerset that he was asking for input from, said that the letter alone wouldn't get a search warrant issued as they're stricter these days. That'll be because it could have just been vindictive towards them. They had to have something more and think that was that they thought mum kept changing her statement about the walk. First time for example she didn't mention the two guys with the little girl. Only later did she say that.

Last edited:
That was actually my question you linked with your post, crazychris!

Yes, he could have been lured off by someone after he came out. The programme didn't state really what his mental faculties were like, aside from the physical disability. If he had also sustained some damage there it might have attributed to him not being as guarded as one might be.

Also someone could have been already in there when he went in and said they wanted to show him something. Maybe he was easily led.

Personally I'd be shocked if the parents had anything to do with it but that's just my hunch.

Yes the exact words were "an area of significance" was found. No remains though.

So the police found "an area of significance in the garden".
That sounds promising.
Then again, why would they next clear the bushes at Saltburn Banks, all based on thorough investigation?

#Asking for a friend.
animated-smileys-school-005.gif.pagespeed.ce.A8KAYjbB0D.gif

Thanks for the link!
I can see the video, I click on 'play' and then.... you first have to register. According to the finer print in the T&C you can only apply for a free account if you live in The Territory. And I don't.
Too bad but such is life.

animated-smileys-sad-108.gif

Probably married with family of her own and doesn't want any publicity, reporters hanging around her etc. Don't think I would either. No word of where she was at the time, at home or not.
She was at university, and it was just after Christmas, so she should have been home until at least mid-January.
I did note that even she got the dates wrong originally when Steven went missing...as I recall she said it was a Sunday, but it was in fact, a Monday, which was a national holiday.

Is there a way to legitimately/legally watch this ITV documentary in the US?
I'm willing to change my computer setting or whatever but would prefer not to.
Use a VPN. Then just choose the country you want to pretend you're in. I do that to view some American things that a behind a geography wall.
I personally use Thunder VPN.

Is there a way to legitimately/legally watch this ITV documentary in the US?
I'm willing to change my computer setting or whatever but would prefer not to.

Just bringing your post up again Cheezitgirl, so you can see the link that has been posted up thread, re the programme now being up on YouTube

The senior detective from Avon & Somerset that he was asking for input from, said that the letter alone wouldn't get a search warrant issued as they're stricter these days. That'll be because it could have just been vindictive towards them. They had to have something more and think that was that they thought mum kept changing her statement about the walk. First time for example she didn't mention the two guys with the little girl. Only later did she say that.

She has definitely given about 3 versions of the walk story

If you have seen Steven, particularly between Friday 25th December to Monday 28th December 1992, or you have information to help the investigation team, we would urge you to use the public portal to provide what you know to detectives working on the case. Telling that the police are not really interested in sightings after the supposed day of Stevens disappearance. Do they think something may have happened before the 28th?

Have police confirmed that the father definitely went to the match that day?

Impossible unless he paid for a ticket in advance by card & chances are he would have just paid cash at the gate-unless there were any big hooligan incidents that day then CCTV would likely have been wiped fairly quickly & looking through that would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack.

If you have seen Steven, particularly between Friday 25th December to Monday 28th December 1992, or you have information to help the investigation team, we would urge you to use the public portal to provide what you know to detectives working on the case. Telling that the police are not really interested in sightings after the supposed day of Stevens disappearance. Do they think something may have happened before the 28th?

Yes they probably do and at the hands of his parents. They think there was no walk at all and it's odd that not one person saw them walking towards the area that day or entering or leaving the loo. No proof though. No body and would be very difficult to get a conviction without one. Not impossible but they need lots of circumstantial evidence which the CPS doesn't think they have now. I feel sorry for them if they're totally innocent as this shadow will hang over them until they die now. Many people will think they're guilty. If I were them I'd move as there are some sick people about.

Impossible unless he paid for a ticket in advance by card & chances are he would have just paid cash at the gate-unless there were any big hooligan incidents that day then CCTV would likely have been wiped fairly quickly & looking through that would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I was thinking if he knew anyone there but it's 30 years ago almost now.

What we learned from the Steven Clark ITV film - and a new revelation

The film showed the moment Doris and Charles were told by police that they would not be prosecuted for Steven's murder.

It was confirmed that the Crown Prosecution Service had assessed the evidence gathered by police to consider whether criminal charges could be brought.

However a decision was made that the pair should be released without charge - with the moment the Clarks were told being caught on a camera in their home.

Following the programme, it was confirmed they are taking legal action against the police.

Paul Henderson, of Teesside law firm Watson Woodhouse, has been instructed by the Clarks to take legal action against the police which will take the form of a formal complaint, potentially followed by a claim for damages, including for a breach of their Human Rights.

BBM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime