GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really good question. It would have to be a place where they felt comfortable hiding something, where the items could be retrieved and where they could observe any time to make sure no one had discovered them.

MO.
I've felt sure from the beginning the gun(s) were hidden on FWF land where there are so many trees, big old trees that could hold and conceal a gun.

Or somewhere under a horse stall or similar area of a barn.
There are many large and small barn type buildings on FWF.
Those kind of out buildings, horse barns lend themselves to ground that can be disturbed ( digging, hiding something) and then be easily recovered without anyone ever noticing. Make sure a horse is always in that stall and no one will ever see trace of what is underneath.
MO

MO.
I've felt sure from the beginning the gun(s) were hidden on FWF land where there are so many trees, big old trees that could hold and conceal a gun.

Or somewhere under a horse stall or similar area of a barn.
There are many large and small barn type buildings on FWF.
Those kind of out buildings, horse barns lend themselves to ground that can be disturbed ( digging, hiding something) and then be easily recovered without anyone ever noticing. Make sure a horse is always in that stall and no one will ever see trace of what is underneath.
MO

I wonder where the cars used in the murders were? Had they sold them to someone else or hidden them away somewhere?
Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa shocked the courtroom yet again when she announced that Wagner has been cooperating with prosecutors for some time and that, with information he provided, investigators were finally able to recover the guns she said were used in the homicides as well as the vehicles that the family used to sneak onto the Rhoden properties, break into the homes and pull off what investigators have said were executions.

Wagner has, Canepa said, also confessed to personally killing five of the eight victims.
BBM

Jake Wagner of Rhoden family homicides in Pike County pleads guilty

ETA

This explains all the work the court has been doing with the audio visual equipment during the last few hearings. It turns out Ms. Geneva Rhoden had health problems and couldn't get up the stairs to the second floor court room. So they broadcast the hearings live to her down on the first floor

Geneva Rhoden — the family matriarch whose losses on April 22, 2016, included two sons and several grandchildren — has watched the past few hearings on a livestream from downstairs. Thursday, with help from her family, she made it slowly up the courthouse steps with her oxygen tank and sat in the front row and hung her head as she cried.

She told The Dispatch through tears: "I'm hanging in there."

Wow, she went through a lot of pain and discomfort so she could be in the same room to watch Jake make his confession.

Last edited:
I don't know about the vehicles, that is a real mystery.

My best guess would be in WVa. or KY.

Just a guess

Regarding the weapons, Jk may hav kept them for future use, should W's need to kill again...

Last edited:
That's a really good question. It would have to be a place where they felt comfortable hiding something, where the items could be retrieved and where they could observe any time to make sure no one had discovered them.
I had always thought that they went back and hid them in one of the Fathers graves after the fact, but, they searched the cemetery where Mr. Wagner was buried so I’m assuming they aren’t there. Wherever they hid them was really clever because the law couldn’t find them. The only thing they might have gotten right on their path to hell!

I woke up during the night and seriously felt confused, wondering if the JW confession was a dream.
Then I remembered haring the words over and over

"I am guilty your honor"

Did we ever think we would hear those words? Let lone from Jake.

Prayers have been answered.

Now on to the hearings/trials of the other 3.
Prosecutors seemed to know Jake was the weak link. Wonder brought them to that conclusion.

Prosecutors seemed to know Jake was the weak link. Wonder brought them to that conclusion.
I think his attorneys informed him that his brothers attorneys were pointing the finger at him and Angela. The bulk of the evidence did point directly at Jake and I think he might have been informed that there was a chance that the other three might be found not guilty or that the other three were going to plea and blame it all on him. So he did what he had been taught to do, KEEP THE FAMILY TOGETHER! What his mother always insisted on!

2 Things I would like to ask you Sluthers:
#1= What the He11 did Jake find so funny when Judge Deering ask him how plea on the murders of Hanna May Rhodens, Dana Rhodens and Hannah Hazel Gilley?
#2=Do you Sluthers think that Angela Wagner is sick and needs special treatment is the reason Jake confessed?
I saw him smiling too!!!! I am not sticking up for Jake at allllll but I know some people have a nervous thing that they smile when something is really bad. I know as it happens to me sometimes and it is terrible. I am HOPING that was what was happening to him.

I saw him smiling too!!!! I am not sticking up for Jake at allllll but I know some people have a nervous thing that they smile when something is really bad. I know as it happens to me sometimes and it is terrible. I am HOPING that was what was happening to him.
It really could be a nervous tick. I have a nephew who smiles if he is scared nervous or lying.

I think his attorneys informed him that his brothers attorneys were pointing the finger at him and Angela. The bulk of the evidence did point directly at Jake and I think he might have been informed that there was a chance that the other three might be found not guilty or that the other three were going to plea and blame it all on him. So he did what he had been taught to do, KEEP THE FAMILY TOGETHER! What his mother always insisted on!
Agree.
Jake looked vacant. Maybe a way to psychologically remove himself from the fact of what was happening. And what he had done.
Add to that other sequential facts brought out (hearings journal entries) by other posters. All good info.

i will add, I think JW may have FINALLY begun to feel remorse and horror over what he had done. Maybe nightmares. Maybe day terrors.
All those years, days, hours in a jail cell, Jake had to have been thinking of it more and more. Nothing else to do.

Agree.
Jake looked vacant. Maybe a way to psychologically remove himself from the fact of what was happening. And what he had done.
Add to that other sequential facts brought out (hearings journal entries) by other posters. All good info.

i will add, I think JW may have FINALLY begun to feel remorse and horror over what he had done. Maybe nightmares. Maybe day terrors.
All those years, days, hours in a jail cell, Jake had to have been thinking of it more and more. Nothing else to do.
And other inmates can be cruel! Like giving other inmates nicknames etc.... they may have started calling him Mr.R or little H or something to harass and remind him daily. Or maybe taunted him with his daughter.

Looking forward:
Can a person who knows the murdering culprits of 8 individuals be charged for accessory after the fact for simply not reporting the crime? Or, must their participation be greater?

I feel like there will be more arrests, if so.
Found this...
"In most states, mere failure to report a crime isn't a crime in itself. However, there are some exceptions. Below, you'll find a number of instances in which failing to report a crime could expose you to criminal liability.

Failure to Report Laws
In most states failure to report isn't illegal, but a small minority of states have enacted laws punishing individuals who fail to report certain types of crimes to the authorities. Under Texas law, for example, you can be charged with a Class A misdemeanor for failing to report an offense that resulted in serious bodily injury or death. In Ohio, on the other hand, it's illegal to knowingly fail to report a felony."

Failure to Report a Crime - FindLaw

Agree.

I don't think felt remorse or guilt. Moo. He knows what they did and he knows what the evidence against them is. Jake did what that family has always done, he put them first and saved their lives. I believe that is his only motive for the plea deal.

I would like to know the story behind the Steak House owner pulling his offer of reward
soon after he issued it. Threats? LE Request?

Jeff Ruby cites reasoning for pulling $25K reward in family massacre

Ruby originally cited "complex criminal developments" as the reason for withdrawing his reward and involvement.

Later he tweeted that he did not want to attach his family name to the case by chance the Cartel is involved.

Last edited:
Jeff Ruby cites reasoning for pulling $25K reward in family massacre

Ruby originally cited "complex criminal developments" as the reason for withdrawing his reward and involvement.

He tweeted Friday that he did not want to attach his family name to the case by chance the Cartel is involved.
Was this guy a friend of the victims or just a random restaurant owner who wanted to try and help at first? 25k is a pretty hefty reward imo.

I don't think felt remorse or guilt. Moo. He knows what they did and he knows what the evidence against them is. Jake did what that family has always done, he put them first and saved their lives. I believe that is his only motive for the plea deal.

I can agree... on the remorse.
I should have been more clear, said Jake felt remorse over what he had done only because of the result of where it had put Jake. Remorse for Jake alone.

The horror was because Jake had put himself in this position, thinking he would never be caught and was now facing the death penalty.
Horror over the death penalty. Jake Jake Jake - all concern for Jake.

As far as the total family dynamics on this plea deal, I don't know how to evaluate that.
You may be right.
But each member of W's had the same opportunity from the beginning.
Make a plea deal and save yourself and all others from death penalty.

Lets pray we get the full story on this crazy family, family dynamics, soon.
It is so off the wall crazy that none of us can really figure it out, or understand it.
Did the "crazy" thought and action pattern begin with FW?
A Family Trait, handed down? That doesnt explain Angela, does it???
So many questions.

rsd1200 it's so good to see you! We were worried about you!:)

Link to the great photo gallery from your link

Lots of photos of the surviving family members at the hearing yesterday

Photos: Jake Wagner pleads guilty to Rhoden murders
I looked and didn't see, was there even a Wagner in sight? And JW standing up there, hands together, that tattoo "wedding" ring still on his finger, on the hand that promised to love but was the hand that killed instead. Such a monster.

So now my curiosity is peaked surrounding DR’s time of death! Jake said the murders started in the late hours of the 21st into the early hours of the 22nd. So a little before midnight into a little after midnight. We know DR worked a unexpected double shift and didn’t get home until after 11:30, if I remember correctly, and was posting on her Facebook after that. My question is, Was it DR posting on her timeline that night (early morning), or was she already dead and it was them posting on her Facebook to throw the time of murders off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member