GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sluthers when did Jake say anything about what time the murders happened????

Jake told Canepa and Canepa told the Court.

Late on the 21st and early on the 22nd.

You know what this means?
I think it is the reason Chris was killed before the others.

They killed Chris late on the 21st but then realized Dana wasn't home yet. She worked an extra shift and didn't leave work until 11:30 pm.

Then she had to drive home and then they had to wait for her to get ready for bed.

By the time they got to Dana's - in the early hours of the 22nd - Chris had been dead for maybe a couple hours which explains more decomp.

While waiting at Chris's for Dana to get home Gary comes home. Then they move the bodies because they are not finished yet, they don't need someone coming over and noticing the bodies, that's probably why they locked the door when BJM said it's not normally locked.

It's possible they were caught off guard with Dana coming home so late. I don't think they had planned to sit around waiting at Chris's house but had no choice.

Just how it looks to me now.

Last edited:
In case you missed my post. This is a comprehensive summary. You can read along as you listen to the video of the hearing.

From Angela Canepa's Statement of Facts (paraphrased)
  1. Phones of 6 of the victims, trail cams and DVRs were removed from the crime scenes
  2. Shoe prints in blood at a crime scene match the infamous Walmart shoes.
  3. Wagner phones and financial accounts were acquired by investigators and examined.
  4. Purchases were made 2-3 months prior to murders of: brass catchers, ammunition, magazines and clips, phone jammer, parts to make DIY silencers.
  5. At the US/Canadian border in Montana a laptop was seized.
  6. 2 Facebook accounts were hacked. Persons were unnamed.
  7. A screenshot of a conversation between one of the persons who was hacked and HMR was found on the laptop. HMR was upset that JW wanted her to change the custody arrangement stating "They will have to kill me first"
    • This was first seen by AW who then showed it to JW
  8. 3 custody documents were forged. AW, JW, and GW4 participated in creating these documents.
    1. HMR giving custody of SW to JW in the event of her death.
    2. JW giving custody of SW to AW in the event of his death.
    3. GW4 giving custody of BW to AW in the event of his death.
    • Docs were printed on 4/3/16 but dated 1 -1 1/2 years prior
    • RN was the notary on all three
    • RN and HMR signatures on the documents were forged. RN believes AW forged RN's signature
    • RN says that AW asked her to lie to investigators and say that she in fact did notarize
    • Prosecution says they know that HMR's signature was forged (I am assuming JW confessed as to who actually forged, but Canepa does not specify this.)
  9. In Nov 2018 the burnt remains of a "prototype silencer that failed" were found at Peterson Rd.
Jake provided new info not previously known to investigators
  1. Weapons and vehicles used in the commission of the murders
    • 1 vehicle was purchased specifically for this purpose and used only on the night of the murders.
  2. JW admits that all 4 members of the family participated and planned.
    • Member(s) of extended family were involved in some aspects (I am assuming obstruction possibly, but at a minimum this refers to RN's involvement)
  3. They started in the late hours of 4/21 and went into the early hours of 4/22
  4. 2 DIY silencers were used
  5. The Wagners destroyed or got rid of the aforementioned victim phones, trail cams and DVRs
    • JW admits that they tried to destroy the "prototype silencer" found at Peterson Rd.
  6. JW personally caused the death of 5 of the 8 victims

In case you missed my post. This is a comprehensive summary. You can read along as you listen to the video of the hearing.

from your list above: 2 DIY silencers were used

More than two guns were used in the murders, but only two homemade suppressors were used. Does this imply that factory-made silencers were also used?

acceptance of responsibility is what his client wanted all along.

“We believe this serves his wishes,” Meyers said of the deal. “He knows he’s going to die in prison.”

With a hitch in his voice, he said only this: “I am deeply and very sorry.”

8fd6afe7-bf13-4695-92a0-952b9e66c37c-1017158485_OH_COL_S_mt_jake.JPG

JMO but I don't think JW was smiling when he pled guilty to the murders of the two H's, especially HR. He paused like he was having trouble getting it out, like he was trying not to cry.

But when Deering asked Wagner for his plea to the aggravated murder charge for Hanna Mea Rhoden, the mother of Wagner’s young daughter, Wagner paused. He hesitated. His Adam’s apple bobbed, his face grew red. He held back tears.

Everyone waited on edge for the words.

4/22/21
Jake Wagner of Rhoden family homicides in Pike County pleads guilty

from your list above: 2 DIY silencers were used

More than two guns were used in the murders, but only two homemade suppressors were used. Does this imply that factory-made silencers were also used?
It means we don't know yet. Maybe a factory-made silencer, maybe one of the homemade ones was used on two guns, maybe no silencer was used on one gun. Several possibilities.

It means we don't know yet. Maybe a factory-made silencer, maybe one of the homemade ones was used on two guns, maybe no silencer was used on one gun. Several possibilities.

I have thought for a long time that someone gave a silencer (or a purchase among associates) or made a silencer for one gun. W's didn't seem to be very good at making a silencer. Or maybe they learned from the first one that didn't work.
Oddly, when we could see fb easily the first few days, I saw a friend of FR who had photo of a silencer. It was kind of like a 'look what I have' pic

I had to ask a friend what it was that he was displying. It just looked like a pipe.
Again, TOD idk, report if it is needed.

Last edited:
JMO but I don't think JW was smiling when he pled guilty to the murders of the two H's, especially HR. He paused like he was having trouble getting it out, like he was trying not to cry.

Yes, it looked that way.
He turned to HHG MOM and said it fairly ok, but when he turned to the Rhoden, Manley family, he could hardly say it, seemed to choke up.

Johnny B Bad said:
Sluthers when did Jake say anything about what time the murders happened????

Could you do me a favor - and put an "E" in there - Sluthers to Sleuthers - it looks like sluters to me... :) I've seen you type that wrong - so I know it's not a typo. TIA!

That's the way I saw it too. You could see a lump in his throat after he said he was guilty of her murder....

I can agree... on the remorse.
I should have been more clear, said Jake felt remorse over what he had done only because of the result of where it had put Jake. Remorse for Jake alone.

The horror was because Jake had put himself in this position, thinking he would never be caught and was now facing the death penalty.
Horror over the death penalty. Jake Jake Jake - all concern for Jake.

As far as the total family dynamics on this plea deal, I don't know how to evaluate that.
You may be right.
But each member of W's had the same opportunity from the beginning.
Make a plea deal and save yourself and all others from death penalty.

Lets pray we get the full story on this crazy family, family dynamics, soon.
It is so off the wall crazy that none of us can really figure it out, or understand it.
Did the "crazy" thought and action pattern begin with FW?
A Family Trait, handed down? That doesnt explain Angela, does it???
So many questions.

I have a lot of questions as well. As for Jake feeling remorse, that's not a question that I have. I think he's sorry that he got caught and was facing the death penalty, so he decided to save himself by offering info and arranging a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table for himself. That's JMO. I do remember very well how he did an online fund-raiser to try to financially benefit himself after the murders he committed. He even advertised his fundraiser in an interview and it was like "golly gee shucks" and that he should have never had to bear the extraordinarily high legal expenses to get custody of his child. What an incredible piece of work.

One question I have is if BW, AW or GW4 decide not to try to arrange a plea deal, or if the prosecution refuses to offer a plea deal, they would go to trial and would face the death penalty. Am I correct on that?

I also hope we learn more on the family dynamics that created what came to be with the W's. A few years ago, a psychologist wrote a book about Scott Peterson's family history and dynamics. The Petersons appeared to be the Brady Bunch on the outside, but the real story of the family was beyond bizarre and it went a long way in explaining Scott Peterson, IMO. In other families the, "it" began many generations earlier. Certain things/events can impact generations of a family and in some cases, the only members of the family who survive the crazy are the ones who recognize the crazy and get far away from their family. As far as AW, she was clearly attracted to BW and she didn't run screaming from him or his mother. The old saying "water seeks its equal level" may apply to her. IDK. Just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans