IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, Ph.D.: 9780767915823 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

The sociopath next door offers some decent incite into sociopaths/narcs.
... “chief characteristics is a kind of glow or charisma that makes sociopaths more charming or interesting than the other people around them. They’re more spontaneous, more intense, more complex, or even sexier than everyone else, making them tricky to identify and leaving us easily seduced. Fundamentally, sociopaths are different because they cannot love. Sociopaths learn early on to show sham emotion, but underneath they are indifferent to others’ suffering. They live to dominate and thrill to win.”

Just had a new thought re: the dog bite. What if that’s how he got her in his house? He gets the dog to bite her, he comes running out to get the dog and help the little girl, then he says he has *advertiser censored* (ice, bandages, a phone to call her mom) in the house?

The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, Ph.D.: 9780767915823 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

... “chief characteristics is a kind of glow or charisma that makes sociopaths more charming or interesting than the other people around them. They’re more spontaneous, more intense, more complex, or even sexier than everyone else, making them tricky to identify and leaving us easily seduced. Fundamentally, sociopaths are different because they cannot love. Sociopaths learn early on to show sham emotion, but underneath they are indifferent to others’ suffering. They live to dominate and thrill to win.”
I bought that book when a counselor told my daughter her boyfriend was a sociopath.
I wanted to really understand what was being told to her.
As I read the book I was hoping for a solution to the issue of sociopathy.
"Stay away" was the solution. Just stay away!!!
Excellent book.
MOO
PS:
She dumped him instantly...thank goodness.

Just had a new thought re: the dog bite. What if that’s how he got her in his house? He gets the dog to bite her, he comes running out to get the dog and help the little girl, then he says he has *advertiser censored* (ice, bandages, a phone to call her mom) in the house?

I thought the same thing, or perhaps she was bitten accidentally and he was scared to lose his dogs again. I do not see him as a criminal mastermind so it could have been an accident that he took advantage of.

Qmfr:
Here’s another thought, and I’m not saying this is the case here, but sometimes, some who have spent extended time in prison, have a hard time adjusting to the outside (obviously), and actually sometimes, consciously or subconsciously, want to go back because they feel like that’s where they belong, the structure, etc. They can’t make it on the outside. Also, sometimes, they may again consciously or subconsciously, attempt to go back, feel that they belong there, to protect themselves (and/or others) from themselves. I’ve heard some some ex-cons talking about this sort of thing. Just thinking about some thoughts wrt to intentional or unintentional stupidity, but perhaps this latest act is strictly a matter of poor impulse control and opportunistic predation, with no subconscious or conscious intent to get caught. Most likely the latter, but who knows. He refers to his solitude a lot. He probably feels like he can relate to others in prison.

Eta: He may have learned to weld in prison.

I saw something from SM last night - he posted something along the lines of that he misses prison, that it was comfortable. JMO.

*eta: Note to go back and find source/date

Last edited:
  • I bought that book when a counselor told my daughter her boyfriend was a sociopath.
    I wanted to really understand what was being told to her.
    As I read the book I was hoping for a solution to the issue of sociopathy.
    "Stay away" was the solution. Just stay away!!!
    Excellent book.
    MOO
    PS:
    She dumped him instantly...thank goodness.

I’m so glad it helped her! Good job on the self help therapy and being so proactive!

I read it and then gifted it to my daughter before she went off to college. It was interesting that I noticed her reading it wen she was home on break. She learned to navigate a toxic relationship and got out. Thank goodness. He delighted in the push/pull and stringing her along/gas lighting.

Oh and another excellent book, the Gavin DeBecker book “Gift of Fear”.

Thanks. I know more charges could be added at any time. I did see a post many pages back that essentially said that the little girl may have been bitten unexpectedly by one of his pits and forced into the house after that. He obviously has an explosive temper and has been arrested for violence more than once (though no arrests for sexual assault) and had restraining orders against him. It seems he is obsessed with his dogs and may have killed someone in fear of losing them/having them put down. He may have been trying to talk her into a phony story regarding the bite- threatening her to lie and it may have not been going the way he wanted. If sexual assault charges are filed, then I will believe the child was kidnapped for that purpose.
We have no information that she was bitten before being taken into the house.... MOO and should be the previous posters IMO as well

He had 3 dogs .

This says he had two?

BBM:
“It says that she told police that Chadwell had choked her, hit her and forced her into the basement where he sexually assaulted her.

She told police that Chadwell threatened to kill her if she screamed or told anyone what happened.

Lt. Sherer also said she had a dog bite and that there were two dogs found in Chadwell's home.”

source

Ok, I can’t take it any longer, all this jumping around on the dates and court records. I tried to hold out as long as possible without getting all OCD.

I have created a Media Thread here, please bring your maps, timelines and msm over.

*Dear moderators, can you please add this link to the opening thread post when you get a chance, thank you very much. :)

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*
I hear ya! I was drowning in the dates and locations and had to start an index card system for myself on this case with all its complications. I did that on the Gannon Stauch case, too, and it calmed my brain a lot.

WSers have been absolutely amazing at sleuthing this case. WSers really can shine. I appreciate all the work!

jmo

I hear ya! I was drowning in the dates and locations and had to start an index card system for myself on this case with all its complications. I did that on the Gannon Stauch case, too, and it calmed my brain a lot.

WSers have been absolutely amazing at sleuthing this case. WSers really can shine. I appreciate all the work!

jmo
Thanks everyone for your work and contributions. I’m bringing content from this thread over to the media thread, so want to give out a blanket thank you in advance to everyone for the information and collective content.

Last edited:

I honestly have a different take on him. I don't think he comes off as charming. He's not that bad looking so can get dates but they break it off from him because they figure out quickly he is a creep. He is not able to cover that with gaslighting and manipulation. He scares the women, imo, and they leave. Sociopaths are better able keeping their partners around to belittle, etc.

He doesn't come off as the "best" like sociopaths like to do. He admits on public FB post that he struggles. Sociopaths are loathe to admit any faults. He's not good with words as his Tiktok videos demonstrate. You can't tell what he's taking about it, but whatever it is, it's a huge turn off. Nothing charming there.

I don't think he loves in a normal way, but I do think he has feelings. In fact, I think he feels deeply. But, his feelings are immature, unrealistic fantasies.

He is a menace and if not caught would continue to be a danger to girls and women. He does want to humiliate them, imo, and make them suffer at his hands. But not sure he fits the charming sociopath label. My opinion only, realizing it won't match what others think.

jmo

oh no he is decidedly not charming and all this touchy feely crap is a ruse..he feels deeply about himself he uses the poor me crap to get sympathy and hold on to friends as they will excuse his errors and troubles. his feeling come out as those of a big fat baby..and he is just emulating other's behavior on FB..

I also get a sense that he is trying to normalize certain things ..like feeding fb bite size portions of the real him.. just in case someone is talking about him.

sadist and "feelings". are kind of up in the air...yeah he loves you as a sadist loves a victim..
..loves the victim for what the victim provides...when the victim is then discarded he is on to the next..but he cherishes his victims once they have submitted to his fantasy and are part of his "collection' for lack of a better word.

mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member