Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

Wow, they do resemble each other, their faces, shoes, clothing and jewelry choices..
279UFMD
View attachment 293038 View attachment 293040
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Barbara is more petite and has a fairer complexion.

When NCMEC aired the update for Woodlawn Doe on YouTube Barbara’s name was mentioned in the comments. Maybe she was excluded and NamUs hasn’t updated their comparisons list?

AR-160829856.jpg&updated=201608221021&MaxW=800&MaxH=800&noborder

I would not say she is fairer in complexion really. Not sure when this photo is from, of course.
She had a very olive skin-tone, it is more evident on this photo here, and she was listed as only 20 lbs lighter than the Doe.

I would not say she is fairer in complexion really. Not sure when this photo is from, of course.
She had a very olive skin-tone, it is more evident on this photo here, and she was listed as only 20 lbs lighter than the Doe.

Lighting can make all the difference in the appearance of skin tone in the missing person, and you never know how accurate the lighting on post-mortem photos or reconstructions is. It's not something to rule out a submission, in my opinion.

Lighting can make all the difference in the appearance of skin tone in the missing person, and you never know how accurate the lighting on post-mortem photos or reconstructions is. It's not something to rule out a submission, in my opinion.
Absolutely agree!
Both these lovely young women deserve to be returned to their families.
Do you want to check to see if she’s been ruled out?

Last edited:
I do not see Woodlawn Doe on Glueckert's rule outs, and I do not see Glueckert on Jane Doe's rule outs.
it is late here for me, so if someone wishes to try to submit this for someone to look at, that would be really awesome.

@Al Ka posted about a serial assaulter/killer in CA - CA - San Diego Co., WhtFem 857UFCA, 14-17, deformed ear, overalls, Feb'78

Dr Gregory Lewis Oakley Jr. Birth. 3 Jan 1943. Death. 17 Oct 2002

What caught my eye was that he attacked several girls with hypodermic needles and injected them with various sedatives and painkillers (ketamine and demerol mentioned), which he had access to through his profession as a veterinarian. His first known assault is listed as 1979, when he would have been in his 30's--unlikely that was his first attack. Ann Gotlib seems to be the only woman he murdered--but I wonder where he was before that. I wonder where he went to vet school. Tufts in Waltham is one of the top in the country.

Probably nothing, but the injected drugs really made me wonder.

@Al Ka posted about a serial assaulter/killer in CA - CA - San Diego Co., WhtFem 857UFCA, 14-17, deformed ear, overalls, Feb'78

What caught my eye was that he attacked several girls with hypodermic needles and injected them with various sedatives and painkillers (ketamine and demerol mentioned), which he had access to through his profession as a veterinarian. His first known assault is listed as 1979, when he would have been in his 30's--unlikely that was his first attack. Ann Gotlib seems to be the only woman he murdered--but I wonder where he was before that. I wonder where he went to vet school. Tufts in Waltham is one of the top in the country.

It’s entirely possible.

I wonder if LE has his DNA for comparison to perhaps, the DNA found on JD as a result of the sexual assault.

Just to add Oakley victim Ann Gotlib was just 12 years old when he murdered her in 1983 in Kentucky. She was originally from Russia. Her body though was never found - Ann Gotlib – The Charley Project

(This contains crime scene photos)
[URL="https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline3/latest/embed/index.html?source=1FCoyfRzccuJH0_ee9cb2gG9kc1jbpJlugMdUj0dtwHk&font=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650"]TimelineJS Embed
[/URL]
“Woodlawn Jane Doe” Identified after 45 years

The biggest break in the case came earlier this year. With assistance from The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and Bode Technology additional DNA testing was conducted. The results helped to identify “Woodlawn Jane Doe.”

We now know Margaret Fetterolf lived in Alexandria, Virginia. She was 16 years old when she was killed. Family members say she went missing in 1975.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back