GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion only ( I Really Believe Jake Wagner Made A Deal For Federal Prison, JMO

That would never happen because this whole thing is 100% a State of Ohio Case. It is the State of Ohio VS. Jake Wagner. This whole Case has deep Ohio roots in the rural communities and even with the Governor himself. So no-can-do on flipping it over to the BOP - Federal Bureau of Prisons.

D.O.C. - Department of Corrections - State Prison

Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction

Office of Prisons

Jmo I was always on the fence as to rather they had done it or not. I have to say I am shocked Jake confessed and is willing to testify against his brother. I am glad he did confess so now there is no doubt as to who. But big question is why in the world would not one of the four speak up and try to convince the others in no way what they were going to do would they have a good outcome for anyone involved. How do you have that much evil in one family? What exactly made him decide to break from the others now? Was it just being away from them? Was Angela truly the mastermind. Jmo it has been said he has spoken to the little girl through video, how does he think he is ever going to explain it her. It is extremely bad when you hear on the news a father doing similar things, but to have four conspire and commit these murders is almost unbelievable. Jmo

However, outside of a small grow op, there were no drug dealers in the Rhoden family. Marijuana became legal in Ohio just a few months after the murders. The Rhodens were honest, hard working people with no criminal backgrounds (we checked) outside of traffic tickets, not wearing a seat belt, etc. They were victims of vengeance born of domestic violence and the Wagner family's drive to punish youngHanna Rhoden and take her child away to forever erase the memory of her mother.

Biased and inflammatory news coverage and messaging from top LE temporarily turned public opinion against the Rhoden family. Fortunately, it didn't last.

Exactly! And the AG at the time created the entire CARTEL fiasco by overstating and exaggerating the extent of the grow. Imo

So Sleuthers was the guns and vehicle that Jake Wagner give up for evidence where they whole or chopped up????

Ha!

The Wagner's couldn't even chop up their first maglite suppressor.

They made a suppressor that didn't work right and then they tried to destroy it by burning it (I think was said) but no such luck. They then did a worst case scenario and tossed it into their well - technically a cistern.

Also, Canepa saying that they have a gun or guns sounds to me like a whole gun, not chopped into pieces which is too hard to do anyway through such strong metal.

And George said "if they have the gun they have the silencer" so in that case the gun would have to be intact.

.....2 Cents....

Last edited:
Can’t you tell in the video he got some kind of deal, JMO

You could be right.
Honestly, i thought the only deal was taking the DP of and giving life to all of the W's for truthful testimony.
I'm not doubting you - that there could be more, I just don't know what it is or how it could be worked out to be Federal Prison.
I simply don't know anything about it.

I just want one trial...I am the curious type and want to know what happened! Not trying to be disrespectful to the victims or morbid but that is just how I am! But then again I assume at JW sentencing he will have to tell all or no deal but I still like to watch trials, learn the evidence and the system.

Perfect! So ok, thats how we can get to Federal Prison!
JBB, here is the answer. You saw something I didn't see.TY.

You cannot get a RICO Case unless you are charged with a RICO Case and prosecuted for a RICO Case by the Federal Government.

You don't plead guilty to State Conspiracy charges then suddenly they decide to completely change it to a Federal RICO charge. This never happens, that's not how the law works.

Federal RICO Laws
In order to make it easier to prosecute organized crime, in 1970 Congress passed the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law (RICO). Under RICO, it is a federal crime to participate in or make money from racketeering (organized, illegal activity)

(They needed a way to get indictments on Mafia Bosses, this was the only way they could)

Criminal Law. Crimes, Legal Information & Lawyers

MO.
The land and lumber could be worth a small fortune, However, you need a buyer before the fortune is in your pocket.
I don't know of anyone who would buy that land.
It is remote. Not the usual services available that a person would want. Especially a person who would have that kind of money to spend.
Much nicer locations if one is looking for land.
Someone could want it ( skid? ) and you only need one person with the $$..
On paper FW has a high $$ worth. Maybe she is cash poor.
This is my guess, opinion. Anyone else have an idea?

I have thought she was asset rich and cash poor. I read once that Bob told a person the farm cost $10,000 a week to operate and that they started the “home” on their property to help cover the expenses. No link so my opinion.

I doubt the feds are involved or federal charges will be brought against them. Their "organization" isn't that big and and the state has him for life.

You cannot get a RICO Case unless you are charged with a RICO Case and prosecuted for a RICO Case by the Federal Government.

You don't plead guilty to State Conspiracy charges then suddenly they decide to completely change it to a Federal RICO charge. This never happens, that's not how the law works.

Ok. Ty.
I am hopeful, so I will ask, if the State makes a basic case for RICO with their evidence, can it be refiled by Federal Government on RICO charges.
Or whatever the terminology is...
I can see and can agree it may be too small for Feds.
But we don't know what we don't know.

Ok. Ty.
I am hopeful, so I will ask, if the State makes a basic case for RICO with their evidence, can it be refiled by Federal Government on RICO charges.

The State can't do that. RICO is Federal only and was originally designed to indict mob mafia bosses of whom this was the only way to get to them.

RICO is all about prosecuting Federal Organized Crime not the State Conspiracy Charges Jake pled guilty to.

The State of Ohio has already got it's guilty pleas from Jake. It is done, this will not change.

And he cannot get any prison deals because only the DOC has final word on this.

RICO Prosecutes Organized Crime which is a category of transnational, national, or local groupings of highly centralized enterprises run by criminals to engage in illegal activity, most commonly for profit. Some criminal organizations, such as terrorist groups, are politically motivated. Sometimes criminal organizations force people to do business with them, such as when a gang extorts money from shopkeepers for "protection".[1] Gangs may often be deemed organized crime groups or, under stricter definitions of organized crime, may become disciplined enough to be considered organized.

A criminal organization or gang can also be referred to as a mafia, mob,[2][3] ring,[4] or syndicate;[5] the network, subculture, and community of criminals may be referred to as the underworld. Sociologists define a “mafia” as a type of organized crime group that specializes in the supply of extra-legal protection and quasi-law enforcement. Work on the original “Mafia”, the Sicilian Mafia,[6] which predates the other groups, generated an economic study of organized crime groups and exerted great influence on studies of the Russian mafia,[7] the Chinese triads,[8] Hong Kong mafia,[9] and the Japanese yakuza.[10]

Organized crime - Wikipedia

Criminal Law. Crimes, Legal Information & Lawyers

RICO Law - Definition, Examples, Cases, Processes

Last edited:
Hmmm...does the state pay the feds to house inmates? Never heard of that one.
Hopefully he goes to Lucasville! At least he will be close to home!

Southern Ohio Correctional Facility - Wikipedia
Where ever he goes he needs some punishment, JMO
Ok. Ty.
Hey you Sleuthers forget that the FBI has been involved in this case! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads