Found Deceased Canada- Paul Daly, 54, Toronto, 8 April 2021 *arrest*

I'm surprised that in such a big building people get to know many of their neighbors. Is it likely that the suspect lived in an apartment close to Paul's?
I’m not sure where in the building they live. From what I hear Paul grew up in that neighbourhood and was very friendly with everyone Rumours are he had some problems with a couple of people who lived there taking advantage of him. His door was kicked in not long before he went missing. He didn’t report it to the police and if anyone knows who did it they’re not saying If he had reported it this may not have happened. Meanwhile it’s very possible that the people who did this are still living there thinking they’ve got away with this. I hope they find his body

As a resident, I’ve never felt safe in this building, they need more cameras or a new security guard but they always get scared away by the local crack/meth addicts in the stairwells.
It seems like ALOT of the people in the building are either related or know each other very well, so there’s NO way that nobody else knows what happened.
I’m surprised the suspect got by the loud female janitor that hangs out gossiping with other weirdos in the lobby of the building 24/7
How much of a police presence has there been around the building? It’s a big place so I don’t imagine law enforcement would go around talking to every single resident, just those localized around Paul’s apartment and anyone closely associated with the neighbours. Seems if there’s some familial groups throughout the place as has been suggested, there could be someone worth talking to on any given floor. And with pandemic restrictions I imagine there’s lots more people staying home, tuning in to chatter in the hallways ... word could get round quickly of any kind of noteworthy activity. So if an investigation has been taking place since no later than the 15th when the first police statement came out, I’m curious how long they then took to determine what kind of crime scene they were working with, how much information they needed from the building tenants and managers, and what they may have asked of or told those of you living there.

I'm surprised that in such a big building people get to know many of their neighbors. Is it likely that the suspect lived in an apartment close to Paul's?
I’m not sure where in the building they live. From what I hear Paul grew up in that neighbourhood and was very friendly with everyone Rumours are he had some problems with a couple of people who lived there taking advantage of him. His door was kicked in not long before he went missing. He didn’t report it to the police and if anyone knows who did it they’re not saying If he had reported it this may not have happened. Meanwhile it’s very possible that the people who did this are still living there thinking they’ve got away with this. I hope they find his body
How much of a police presence has there been around the building? It’s a big place so I don’t imagine law enforcement would go around talking to every single resident, just those localized around Paul’s apartment and anyone closely associated with the neighbours. Seems if there’s some familial groups throughout the place as has been suggested, there could be someone worth talking to on any given floor. And with pandemic restrictions I imagine there’s lots more people staying home, tuning in to chatter in the hallways ... word could get round quickly of any kind of noteworthy activity. So if an investigation has been taking place since no later than the 15th when the first police statement came out, I’m curious how long they then took to determine what kind of crime scene they were working with, how much information they needed from the building tenants and managers, and what they may have asked of or told those of you living there.
I know someone who lives there. The whole scene the day he was reported missing was strange. At least 30 cops and a mobile unit were there for the first 24 hours I heard forensics has been back to the building again today If not for Covid someone probs would have noticed him missing sooner. From what I’ve heard the super reported him missing. He had repair work scheduled and when he didn’t answer the super went in and his saw his place had been tossed so they called the police. Didn’t take long for them to decide that they had enough to say he was dead without having a body. There’s probably a few people who know exactly what happened but so far no one is talking. You’re right ... it’s a big building but they were going door to door

It sounds to me as if this must have been a long-running dispute of some sort. If that's the case, it seems someone would know who Paul was having troubles with. Did Paul have any friends there or anyone he associated with regularly? Wouldn't they know who police should be talking to? Doesn't the superintendent or maintenance personnel hear the latest concerns or gossip that goes on around there? I think if LE pushes hard enough and looks deep enough they'll be able to figure out who all is involved. It seems these types of crimes would be easier to solve than a random stranger attack in a rather desolate place. I agree w/ previous posters...someone knows what happened here. Finding Paul likely holds the forensic key, though.

It sounds to me as if this must have been a long-running dispute of some sort. If that's the case, it seems someone would know who Paul was having troubles with. Did Paul have any friends there or anyone he associated with regularly? Wouldn't they know who police should be talking to? Doesn't the superintendent or maintenance personnel hear the latest concerns or gossip that goes on around there? I think if LE pushes hard enough and looks deep enough they'll be able to figure out who all is involved. It seems these types of crimes would be easier to solve than a random stranger attack in a rather desolate place. I agree w/ previous posters...someone knows what happened here. Finding Paul likely holds the forensic key, though.
I don’t want to name, names. I think people have voiced there concern about certain people in the building that Paul was interacting with. The people who know, for obvious reasons aren’t talking. There’s no body so I’m assuming there isn’t enough to arrest the other people involved. <modsnip> I just hope that Paul gets justice and that his body is recovered and all involved are made to pay

Last edited by a moderator:
IF Tenn was "only" an accomplice, what are the chances that he'll talk and reveal other names? I also can't imagine what it would be like to live in a building with people who got away with murder. This could happen again to someone else.

More rumours flying about. Apparently someone else had been arrested and released and the gossip mill says the cops were back to re arrest and search the apartment of the person and he allegedly lives next door to Tenn Also heard that there was lots of blood evidence in the van. Clearly someone involved or who has knowledge of what’s happened is responsible for all the leaked info. Only someone with first hand knowledge would know any of these details. Here’s hoping that loose lips eventually sink ships
what a true nightmare- to have the people in the building murder you and conspire to cover it up... hope the whole thing comes crumbling down and maybe they can make more space for some solid security for the people living there in fear :(
Hopefully Tenn cracks about location and they'll have more evidence to work with.

Thanks for the link.. Sad one though.. rbbm.
''On Monday, police confirmed Daly’s body was found inside the minivan.

On April 16, police charged 40-year-old Courtney Michael Tenn with indecent interference with a dead body in relation to Daly’s disappearance.

On Monday, Michael Tenn’s charge was upgraded to second-degree murder.

He appeared in court at College Park on Monday to answer to the new charge.

Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide squad at 416-808-7400.''

Thanks for the link.. Sad one though.. rbbm.
''On Monday, police confirmed Daly’s body was found inside the minivan.

On April 16, police charged 40-year-old Courtney Michael Tenn with indecent interference with a dead body in relation to Daly’s disappearance.

On Monday, Michael Tenn’s charge was upgraded to second-degree murder.

He appeared in court at College Park on Monday to answer to the new charge.

Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide squad at 416-808-7400.''
I hope there’s more charges to follow. I really don’t think he was the only one involved

April 26 2021
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #49727
''Case #:
2021-683552
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a homicide investigation.

See previous news release.

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021, the victim’s vehicle was located. Upon further examination, the deceased was located inside the vehicle. The coroner attended the scene and the vehicle was taken to the Centre of Forensic Sciences.

An autopsy was performed the following day and as a result, the Homicide squad has taken carriage of the investigation.

On Monday, April 26, 2021, Courtney Michael Tenn, 40, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:

1. 2nd Degree Murder.

His next court appearance is scheduled for Monday, April 26, 2021, College Park Courts, 444 Yonge Street room 501.''

what a true nightmare- to have the people in the building murder you and conspire to cover it up... hope the whole thing comes crumbling down and maybe they can make more space for some solid security for the people living there in fear :(
Hopefully Tenn cracks about location and they'll have more evidence to work with.
Word is the police are still at the building searching another apartment Hoping it results in more arrests.

Word is the police are still at the building searching another apartment Hoping it results in more arrests.
Thanks for joining websleuths and keeping us updated, hope to see you on other threads as well!
Also hoping to see more arrests in the coming days, seems like they have their work cut out for them.. hopefully someone in the loop is singing like a canary!
Poor Paul :(

It's interesting that we haven't learned right away that he was found in the van. Was this info purposely withheld by police?
I’m guessing it was. What strikes me as weird is that they had almost 2 weeks from when they murdered him to when he was reported missing and they drove the van less than 3 km away to a fairly high traffic area and then just parked it up and left it on the street with his body inside It doesn’t make sense. Why leave it so close to home. Surely they had to know it would be found

None of this makes sense. Maybe the ones spreading rumours and gossip should be speaking with the police instead. People of this building make me sick.
It used to be a nice family building The residents need to take the building back Still a lot of good people there I think people are sometimes too afraid to speak. There are people not involved who’ve told police what they know. It’s the lowlifes covering up for other lowlifes that are the problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back