Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew).

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

I want to know where her phone is.. It’s highly unlikely SM would have had it turned off Sunday.
One of the great mysteries of this case, which LE has chosen not to share with us. When I saw the sifting going on by the FBI at the Salida job site, I thought that, (in addition to SM), they might have been looking for a SIM card from her phone.

Back to the beginning: New perspective on the Suzanne Morphew case from a coworker

Again, thank you for keeping this thread updated with media reports/videos.

They discussed the difference between the CO missing Gannon vs. Suzanne case with the way LE handled it. They pointed out the Sheriff's office that handled Gannon's case is very large, compared to Chafee County. To me, the biggest difference is one is a 11 year old child vs. an adult. That's not to say the adult can't be in danger or a victim of a crime and time is of the essence. A child that is in trouble most likely cannot help themselves. It just seemed like a weird comparison a 11 year old child vs. adult.

Then, the mention of the neighbor to the worksite that heard the noise. IIRC LS said in this video she heard it Friday night. lol My mind will be blown if LE dug up that work site based on what the neighbor said they heard, and that alone. IMO

Back to the beginning: New perspective on the Suzanne Morphew case from a coworker

I love how Lauren keeps finding new ways to keep this in the news. That's an uphill battle considering LE and the Morphew family aren't giving any crumbs of info.

This video gave great perspective on how differently this case has been handled compared to when Gannon Stauch went missing. In his case, LE was giving lots of updates and his family was doing everything they could to keep him in the news so he could be found.

As we all know, it's been the complete opposite with Suzanne. Very, very strange. Interested to see the press release on the one year anniversary of her disappearance. I'm not getting my hopes up too high that it will be anything more than a perfunctory non-release of info like all the others. Just enough to placate the masses. Frustrating!!

They discussed the difference between the CO missing Gannon vs. Suzanne case with the way LE handled it. They pointed out the Sheriff's office that handled Gannon's case is very large, compared to Chafee County. To me, the biggest difference is one is a 11 year old child vs. an adult. That's not to say the adult can't be in danger or a victim of a crime and time is of the essence. A child that is in trouble most likely cannot help themselves. It just seemed like a weird comparison a 11 year old child vs. adult.

Then, the mention of the neighbor to the worksite that heard the noise. IIRC LS said in this video she heard it Friday night. lol My mind will be blown if LE dug up that work site based on what the neighbor said they heard, and that alone. IMO
I don’t think it was based on that alone. They knew BM worked there. They knew he was prepping the soil for the concrete pour. He wouldn’t be the first person to hide a body in or under concrete.
I think that this information about the noise being heard on Friday night is huge. It tends to confirm MG’s story that BM worked at the dig site on Friday night. I think it helps narrow the timeline. Friday was May 8th, the first date that LE wanted area residents to check for anything unusual on their security footage. I think LE confirmed that SM was seen by the bike repair guy on Thursday 5/11 and possibly never seen again.
Now was that activity on Friday night indication of premeditation or was SM already dead?
MOO

BM refused to identify himself in the first few days after SM went missing. No name, no face. I often thought he felt there might have been a witness who saw him do something suspicious in the days right before or after SM went missing:
Look at this guy who’s wife is missing. I saw him Sunday afternoon at........... not in Broomfield. Or I saw him Saturday afternoon buying bleach.........
Etc, etc, etc.
MOO

I kinda thought that maybe he had some sort of marking/bruising/scratching to his body (arms)/face that would have been noticeable and odd to people who knew him if they saw him. I guess I just thought maybe LE wouldnt have necessarily known the ins and outs of his work, and he could have said that he had injured himself through some landscaping job etc but someone who knew him well would know that maybe he wasn't a hands on guy and more of a delegator - not sure if that makes any sense! :D and very likely wrong!! :)

Last edited:

You are very welcome. I'm still here, reading through this thread every single day, I've just been quiet since it's been so ...quiet. Maybe you guys have noticed that I have all the notifications on for all things Suzanne Morphew. ;) Waiting (not) so patiently for the day she's found or an arrest. And thank you all for your brilliant brain-storming. I think we all are fairly close to figuring out what happened that Mother's Day weekend (some of it, anyway), and now we wait for more answers to this horrific, puzzling case.

I don’t think it was based on that alone. They knew BM worked there. They knew he was prepping the soil for the concrete pour. He wouldn’t be the first person to hide a body in or under concrete.
I think that this information about the noise being heard on Friday night is huge. It tends to confirm MG’s story that BM worked at the dig site on Friday night. I think it helps narrow the timeline. Friday was May 8th, the first date that LE wanted area residents to check for anything unusual on their security footage. I think LE confirmed that SM was seen by the bike repair guy on Thursday 5/11 and possibly never seen again.
Now was that activity on Friday night indication of premeditation or was SM already dead?
MOO
Replying to my own post, too late to edit. Thursday would be 5/7 not 5/11.

Another tidbit from Lauren's video is when they made a point of saying Trevor Noel did not want to be on camera at all when he originally spoke to them.

This always seemed very strange to me. I can't remember a family member ever worrying about their face being shown on the news when they're desperately trying to find a loved one. Did he already realize something was fishy with BM's story and didn't want to be too closely associated?? Was this before or after Barry had TN and GD approach MG about getting paid (or not paid) for the non-existent Broomfield job and also told her she doesn't have to give her cell phone to LE. Just another baffling piece to the puzzle.

MOO
SNBM BBM

Got a chuckle out of this, as one who worked for a Commercial Concrete company for 28 years, it was a running joke in the industry. No bodies that I know of but definitely an object or two or three, or ???? usually for spite, I assumed. The only other major Faux Pas in the industry is calling concrete, cement. Made everyone go crazy...:) including me, I bite my tongue to this day.

There has been a lot of scrutiny lately on this video made by Lauren Scharf, which in MOO are very valid thoughts and just speculation. It brings into question was a bobcat in Broomfield ? The question is based on white marks on the reused stone. The cap stone was removed most likely by a bobcat and the scrapes marks to the block are a result of the equipment. Leads to whole new scenarios, why wasn't it left behind for his employees soon to arrive? Not to mention he could travel much faster not towing a bobcat through the mountains? And was it Barry's bobcat or had he switched some equipment with another?

Last edited:
There was another person who didn’t want her face on camera for an interview while everyone was searching: the stepmother of Gannon Stauch.
Another tidbit from Lauren's video is when they made a point of saying Trevor Noel did not want to be on camera at all when he originally spoke to them.

This always seemed very strange to me. I can't remember a family member ever worrying about their face being shown on the news when they're desperately trying to find a loved one. Did he already realize something was fishy with BM's story and didn't want to be too closely associated?? Was this before or after Barry had TN and GD approach MG about getting paid (or not paid) for the non-existent Broomfield job and also told her she doesn't have to give her cell phone to LE. Just another baffling piece to the puzzle.

Even though SM was a petite woman, carrying a dead weight of even a 100 lb person would be exhausting in those conditions. He may have taken a trail partway on his ATV and then carried her in a ways. The problem with this is that the trails in that area seem to get heavy use. The weather was getting warm in May and the scent of decay would be strong.
If you look at the dirt road that leads from PP to the RV park on a satellite map, you will see that a set of power lines parallels that road. Usually those power lines have an cleared area underneath them that is pretty well maintained so service workers can easily access them if need be. If you look south of the power lines, you will see hundreds and hundreds of acres of heavily forested land. It would make more sense for BM to follow those power lines for a ways in an ATV and then veer off into the forest to find a dump/burial site in the middle of the night. I think he knew better than to have his phone with him when he did this. Plus this is not an area where people would be hiking or ATVing by.
He would have to take his phone with him when he left for Broomfield on Sunday morning and he wouldn’t want LE to pinpoint stops along the way. He was specific that he left home at 5:00. I’m sure he made sure that he checked into his hotel around 8:00 so he could say that SM was alive when he left and he went straight to the hotel. He said in one of his few statements that he was at the hotel and he didn’t do anything wrong there. He stated there were “cameras everywhere”. In his mind it was the perfect alibi. He didn’t count on the fact that LE can not say definitively that SM disappeared after 5:00 am on Sunday morning. Furthermore, we have no idea what he did all day on Sunday.
MOO
I want to know where her phone is.. It’s highly unlikely SM would have had it turned off Sunday.
One of the great mysteries of this case, which LE has chosen not to share with us. When I saw the sifting going on by the FBI at the Salida job site, I thought that, (in addition to SM), they might have been looking for a SIM card from her phone.
bbm Wouldn't that have been a wonderful find!!!

Astounding that CBI found out about BM’s filmed “plea” from the reporter.
In all fairness, it was CBI’s PIO that wasn’t aware of the video. Maybe the investigators hadn’t had time to relay that info to her just yet. I’ll be the first to admit I dont have the fondest idea of how the inner workings of the CBI and how it operates, so jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member