Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there isn't really much to go on with the girl. A couple rings that anyone could own.

Yes, you would think with the moles...she would have already been accounted for. They are very distinctive.

I don't understand why her rings don't bear some mark on them either. Normally, a silversmith or the person making the ring will put a mark somewhere on the jewelry.

And I think that last drawing of the man isn't accurate...I think he was better looking. It makes him look like a goober. (No offense to the artist.)

Too many pages to read thru... but has anyone else suggested that they may be brother / sister? To me, they look a lot a like... same lips, nose, etc. You may want to search missing siblings...

Too many pages to read thru... but has anyone else suggested that they may be brother / sister? To me, they look a lot a like... same lips, nose, etc. You may want to search missing siblings...

Yes them possibly being siblings was mentioned in a previous post. I think they may have been. IMO I don't remember reading if they ever did DNA on the 2 to check this out.

Yes them possibly being siblings was mentioned in a previous post. I think they may have been. IMO I don't remember reading if they ever did DNA on the 2 to check this out.

LE does still consider the possibility that they may be related. They did an exhumation in June and still don't have DNA results back yet, but hopefully soon. Here is a story along with a video I posted in June about it.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=50572

LE does still consider the possibility that they may be related. They did an exhumation in June and still don't have DNA results back yet, but hopefully soon. Here is a story along with a video I posted in June about it.

I was thinking about this last night. Wouldn't LE have an idea of whether they were siblings or cousins or boyfriend-husband/girlfriend-wife from the witnesses? Did anyone see both of them together and notice how they acted together? Maybe this is something to ask the Coroner.

Two topics have been posted lately on WS about people not being reported missing from the 1970's - or LE losing the files, etc.

Yes, you would think with the moles...she would have already been accounted for. They are very distinctive.

I don't understand why her rings don't bear some mark on them either. Normally, a silversmith or the person making the ring will put a mark somewhere on the jewelry.

And I think that last drawing of the man isn't accurate...I think he was better looking. It makes him look like a goober. (No offense to the artist.)

Yeah I know what you mean I also cant stand this composite of Jane Doe, it make her look hard core !!! I dont think it reflects her accuratlety....yuk
189UFSC.jpg

Two topics have been posted lately on WS about people not being reported missing from the 1970's - or LE losing the files, etc.

Exactly what I was thinking about last night when i read about the John Doe identified yesterday from Kentucky he disappeard right here in Indianapolis in 1978 his body found was found in 1990...doenetwork case 133umky. Identified as Scott Micheal Morris.

I immeadiatley thought of Jock & Jane Doe when I read this article. COULD THIS BE THE SENARIO OF JOCK & JANE, THEIR FAMILYS WONDER WHAT HAPPENED BUT DIDNT REPORT THEM MISSING ????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20747268

Here is more info
The victim was located January 7, 1990 near Owensboro in rural Daviess County, Kentucky. He was identified in September 2007 as Scott Michael Morris, who was last seen leaving a convenience store in Indianapolis in 1978 when he was 14. Morris' family at the time told police that the boy frequently ran away from home but usually returned. His grandmother reported him missing, but it was not until 1989 that the family filed a formal missing persons report.

What law enforcement didn't realize was there was a family looking just as hard for their loved one some 200 miles away, only he had vanished 12 years before the murder took place.
"When he came here and left out of this door, nobody's seen him since," said James Morris, Scott's younger brother.
Scott Morris was just 14 when he went to a market down the street in Indianapolis where they lived and never came home.
"It was just like he disappeared off the face of the earth," said James Morris.
In late 1989, a friend of the family received a strange phone call from him. "He said he was working for a carnival. He didn't say where. They asked if he was okay. He said he was okay. Real brief, he said, 'I got to go,'" said Morris.
That day, his grandmother went to Indianapolis police and insisted he again be put in the missing person data base, but for some reason it wasn't done until years later.
"We was hoping they had put him in the system, and if they had maybe we would have known this a lot sooner," said Morris.

That article is dated 6/12/07. It states:
"Moore says it should take about a month for SLED to process the DNA. From that point, it will be sent out to FBI and Interpol databases. Only time will tell if they’ll get a match."

So... it's been 3 months... and no word on DNA yet?

I have also come to the conclusion that these 2 were never officially listed as missing. Which means, they will eventually be ID'ed by a family member who vaguely remembers so-and-so and wonders whatever happened to them. IF they are ever ID'ed at all.

I can hardly wait to see what the DNA results give us concerning them being siblings, or not.

I really wish someone who knew how to set up a nice website (like the Doenetwork or Charleyproject) would make a site where people looking for people could post. Oh I know these sites already exist, but they are messy and confusing to use and navigate. Some of these listings don't even give enough info to know who they are looking for. Give these people some type of form to use (your name, person you are looking for, where last seen, circumstances, other info they have...).

It would provide a means to look for those people who were never reported missing and maybe the families feel "silly" for thinking of going to LE so many years after the fact.

I have also come to the conclusion that these 2 were never officially listed as missing. Which means, they will eventually be ID'ed by a family member who vaguely remembers so-and-so and wonders whatever happened to them. IF they are ever ID'ed at all.

I can hardly wait to see what the DNA results give us concerning them being siblings, or not.

I really wish someone who knew how to set up a nice website (like the Doenetwork or Charleyproject) would make a site where people looking for people could post. Oh I know these sites already exist, but they are messy and confusing to use and navigate. Some of these listings don't even give enough info to know who they are looking for. Give these people some type of form to use (your name, person you are looking for, where last seen, circumstances, other info they have...).

It would provide a means to look for those people who were never reported missing and maybe the families feel "silly" for thinking of going to LE so many years after the fact.

Ditto, in the meantime, phenolred on here has said she will do a myspace page for them which I think is a good idea.

I believe like you do and don't think they have been officially listed as missing. I have been searching missing person websites since 2004 looking for these 2. I'm still hoping there is a plea out there somewhere from someone looking for one or both of them.

That article is dated 6/12/07. It states:
"Moore says it should take about a month for SLED to process the DNA. From that point, it will be sent out to FBI and Interpol databases. Only time will tell if they’ll get a match."

So... it's been 3 months... and no word on DNA yet?

No word yet...rmf on here has personally spoke with Sumter County Coroner Verna Moore and she said there is nothing back yet. I read in another report from last June that said it could take from a month to a year! I hope not.

I think we need to petition our government to give counties money for hiring enough lab workers and for the expansion of labs! It is so ridiculous how far behind they all are and how long these tests take! All of our Law Enforcement agencies depend highly on forensic laboratories now and the demand will only increase. Something needs to happen now to alleviate such backlogs.

I agree that forensics labs need more resources for equipment, people whatever they need to process crime scene evidence and our pet cases of missing people and unid'ed people.

I also would like to see a push for putting a DNA profile on file for each child that is born in the US - of course, we would need to have the resources i mentioned earlier to handle the work load. And, any adults who wanted to volunteer a DNA sample for the files could do so as well. I've thought about this a lot and if I had kids, I think I would have their DNA processed for that possibility that something terrible could happen to them. I would at least know that their bodies were not lying in an unmarked grave somewhere because no one could id them.

I think a MySpace page is a great idea!! Let me know phenolred I'd be happy to set it up

:woohoo:

I think a MySpace page is a great idea!! Let me know phenolred I'd be happy to set it up

:woohoo:

It is in the process, Its coming along I have just been kinda busy this week Heck It wouldnt hurt to have more than one either...Just doubles the chance of someone that knows them seeing them....Or maybe we could do One for her and one for him...(for the default pic)

I think that is an awesome idea. I think you're right - there are a lot of cases where either a missing persons report was not filed, or was not followed up on. For older cases, many of them probably never made it to the NCMEC, the NCMA, or the internet, because these things didn't exist yet. I don't think the agencies go back and list the older cases unless the family specifically requests it.

I've been wanting to make up a flyer to encourage families to make sure their missing person is listed somewhere. Especially older cases. Some of these families may not even use the internet, may not even realize everything that is being done now to solve these cases. They may think that since their case is old it is long forgotten.

It is in the process, Its coming along I have just been kinda busy this week Heck It wouldnt hurt to have more than one either...Just doubles the chance of someone that knows them seeing them....Or maybe we could do One for her and one for him...(for the default pic)

That's a great idea...one MySpace page for Jock and one for Jane. (And make sure you're in each other's Top Friends List!) Since they may not necessarily have been a couple that disappeared together, but rather met each other later...each of them should be treated individually. Could be that someone recognizes one of them but not the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow