Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

Family of missing woman Erica Hernandez search Sunnyside | khou.com

On Saturday, volunteers searched an area in south Houston where they believe Erica may have been before going missing.

Ashley Hernandez, Erica’s younger sister, and family friends were part of several search parties canvassing areas of Sunnyside for signs of her.

“She was last seen, visibly, in her car on Court Road, Post Oak area,...
but her cell phone, the towers, picked her cell phone up in this area also,” Ashley said.

They focused on fields and grassy, wooded areas near 288 and Reed Road.

A surveillance camera captured her leaving her brother’s home on April 18.

APR 24, 2021
Houston Police unsure if foul play involved in disappearance of Erica Hernandez (fox26houston.com)
[...]

For RF, each day his niece and nephews are without their mother feels more desperate.

[...]

He says the 40-year-old mother of three had spent last Saturday cooking pupusas at a friend's house. After Erica dropped some off with RF, he says, she took her children her home. RF says the kids were tired and Erica still planned to drop-off food with her best friend on Benning Drive in Southwest Houston.

RF says Erica left there and later texted her friend.

"The last text message she had recieved was [Erica] saying that she was 5 minutes away from home," recalled RF.

[...]

Houston Police say someone known to Erica last saw her near the Fort Bend Parkway Tollway and FM 2234. She was driving a black 2020 GMC Acadia with license plate number MKJ 3303.

[...]

Video shows missing mother of 3 outside sister-in-law’s house night before disappearance

April 25
Ring video shows a missing mother of three’s last moments the night before her disappearance.

The video shows 40-year-old Erica Hernandez walking outside of her sister-in-law’s house.

Investigators say Hernandez was last seen last Sunday near Highway 288 and the Beltway driving a black GMC Acadia. It has a Texas license plate MKJ-3303.

“We have eliminated a lot of areas, we covered a lot of miles,” said the director of Texas EquuSearch, Tim Miller.

On Saturday morning, Texas EquuSearch crews continued to search wooded areas along FM 2234 in Fort Bend County hoping to find Hernandez.

Video shows missing mother of 3 outside sister-in-law’s house night before disappearance

•Hernandez & her mother cooked most of the day.
•According to Hernandez’s sister-in-law Eliva, Erica arrived at Eliva’s house at 8:10pm (ring video) to drop off food.
•she left her car running because her kids were in it
•she stayed for about 5 mins, then left to go drop her kids off at home
•around 9:30pm Erica left again and went to her friend’s house to deliver more food.
•she stayed there until 2:30am
•her friend Maggie texted her on her drive to make sure she made it home safely
•At 3:04 a.m., Maggie texted Erica asking if she made it home yet. Erica replied that she was five mins away.
•then Maggie asked again once five minutes passed, but didn’t get a response. No one has heard from Erica since.

•••
Miller said the car Hernandez was driving is a big answer in the case.

I don't understand this. Did someone see her at 2:45am when she was driving home? Who else was out at that hour? Was Erica often out that late?

This article states the same: she was last seen near Highway 288 and the Beltway driving a black GMC Acadia. It has a Texas license plate MKJ-3303.
It also states the following:
Eliva said possibly around 9:30 p.m., Hernandez went back out to her best friend Maggie’s house to deliver more food. Eliva said Hernandez was there until about 2:30 a.m.

“Maggie was texting Erica during her drive home to make sure she made it home safe,” Eliva said. “At 3:04 a.m., Maggie texted Erica asking if she made it home yet. Erica replied that she was five mins away.”

Meaning the 2:45am times is 15 mins after leaving her friend’s house. And she was supposedly in contact with that friend up until 3:04am.

Hmm I am missing something. who last saw her vehicle last? Can they confirm she was driving? Why does it say he sister in law video "as the last time she is seen before disappearing?
I wanna know who was at "maggie's" with them? was she drinking, or indulging in other substances? You know just chilling with friends, sometimes you will have a beer or ?
Was there anyone else at maggie's? did she offer to drop someone off? It gives the impression that maybe she was to go somewhere else before heading home?
Many times when I go out, as soon as I get home, I will text home, to let people know i am home, very rarely they text me, even twice to confirm I am home. Or is it just me?
Maybe I am reading to much into it.

Hmm I am missing something. who last saw her vehicle last? Can they confirm she was driving? Why does it say he sister in law video "as the last time she is seen before disappearing?
I wanna know who was at "maggie's" with them? was she drinking, or indulging in other substances? You know just chilling with friends, sometimes you will have a beer or ?
Was there anyone else at maggie's? did she offer to drop someone off? It gives the impression that maybe she was to go somewhere else before heading home?
Many times when I go out, as soon as I get home, I will text home, to let people know i am home, very rarely they text me, even twice to confirm I am home. Or is it just me? Maybe I am reading to much into it.

Remember, she made a call to someone (whose number none of the family recognizes) shortly after texting her friend that she was "five minutes away."

She made the call. Who did she call? Did she have one last drop-off of pupusas to make? She could have decided to make one last stop before heading home.

APR 6, 2021
Erica Hernandez missing: Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee to help in efforts to find Houston mom - ABC13 Houston
[...]

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee met Erica Hernandez's family over the weekend and plans to make an announcement about how she is helping with search effort on Monday.

[...]

Investigators believe Erica was last seen in the area of McHard Road and the Fort Bend Tollway sometime Sunday morning.

Erica's brother, RH, said that would be a detour or an alternate route for Erica to get home.

[...]

Houston police said foul play has not been ruled out, and its Missing Persons Unit is actively working this case.

[...]

Also see: Family of missing mom asks Houston lawmaker for help after woman last seen on Ring video (cbsaustin.com)

The FBI will join in the search for Erica Hernandez. If you know anything, you’re asked to call HPD at 832-394-1840 or EquuSearch at 281-309-9500.

https://twitter.com/MycahABC13/status/1386797336328814592

The search continues for the missing mother of 3 Erica Hernandez. It’s been over a week since she was last seen. Family members just met with @houstonpolice investigators, @txeqorg and @JacksonLeeTX18. The full story on @KHOU at 5.

https://twitter.com/AnayeliNews/status/1386794336722079745

So, her car was apparently last seen driving near Hwy 288 and beltway.......LE are searching areas near FM 2234, which is only 5 miles or a 10 mins drive away. Not far.

In my honest opinion, I don't think Saturday night (actually the very early hours of Sunday morning!) are a good time for a lone female to be out driving around by herself delivering food in Houston.

Had she not made that call to an unknown number at 02.50hrs, I would have said that this was a carjacking gone wrong. She had a big black expensive looking SUV, only 1 year old. Quite appealing.

I hope it was just food she was delivering, and she didn't get involved in running other stuff (money, drugs) about for other people too.

I wonder why LE are searching such a specific place. Maybe her last phone ping? Maybe that's where the cell phone she called has pinged?

Last edited:
Just another few quick thoughts:

It's stated Erica's was last seen driving near Hwy 288 and beltway. But who saw her then? Did they just see her car? Did they actually see Erica in it? Or was it city traffic cameras that picked up her car driving?

Because the last time she was physically seen was at Court Road (or Benning Drive? reports vary) on the Ring Doorbell CCTV on her Sister-in-law's driveway at 20.10hrs Saturday.

Have the texts/calls that her friend said she made been verified by LE as genuine and at the times she stated.....?

She dropped her kids off at home approx. 21.30hrs and then went back around her friends for another five hours!! That seems a long time to stay after she had such a busy Saturday making food all day, then delivering it all over town that same evening. I would have been shattered and headed home to bed when I took the kids back home. Erica sure has some stamina.

Who else was at the friend's house? Were others there? Was it a party?

MOO.

Last edited:
FBI to aid in search of missing Houston mother Erica Hernandez

The FBI is joining the search for a Houston mother of three who went missing more than a week ago, Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee announced Monday.

Texas Equusearch has been looking for the mother everyday since she was reported missing, with many of Hernandez’s family and friends joining the efforts in the field. Officials said they are using every resource available to the organization to find her.

Any information on the whereabouts of the black GMC Acadia that Hernandez was last seen driving will greatly aid in the investigation, Cruz said.

Officials said any information or tip about Hernandez or her vehicle is essential to their efforts. They said they will not stop until the case is resolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back