Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

Investigators believe Erica was last seen in the area of McHard Road and the Fort Bend Tollway sometime Sunday morning.

If we use this location:
McHard Rd appears to be a section of FM2234.
This would match with other reports of her last being seen around FM2234 & Fort Bend Tollway and within a few miles from Court Rd that’s been reported.
Google Maps

FBI joins search for Houston mom missing more than a week

April 27
Lt. Manny Cruz, the Houston Police Department's commander of the missing person's unit, said Monday that search crews have thoroughly searched the area where Hernandez was last seen and need to expand their search.

"She was mobile," he said. "She could have really driven anywhere."

"Someone has seen something," Lee said. "Someone knows something. Someone is not saying something."

APR 27, 2021
‘We will not give up’: Search for Erica Hernandez continues after mother of 3 went missing nearly 10 days ago (click2houston.com)
The search for 40-year-old Erica Hernandez will resume Tuesday at Walgreens located at 16244 S. Post Oak Rd. at 4 p.m.

16244 S Post Oak Rd - Google Maps

Let's Find Erica Hernandez

Let’s Find Erica page shared an update earlier stating:
Plans have changed..the search at S Post Oak Rd has been cancelled to the public!

Wonder the reasoning for this?

Wasn't the S. Post Oak Road address the location of a relative where she was dropping of food?
I don't think its ever been stated where Erica lives herself.....

That is one of the areas shared in media that she was last visibly seen at.

Family of missing woman Erica Hernandez search Sunnyside | khou.com

“She was last seen, visibly, in her car on Court Road, Post Oak area, but her cell phone, the towers, picked her cell phone up in this area also,” Ashley said.

Court Rd
Google Maps
View attachment 294678

It’s also been stated that LE received a tip that someone who actually knows her seen her at FM 2234 & Fort Bend Parkway Tollway
Here’s the same map from above with this location marked as well.

View attachment 294685

So the two locations are less than 5 miles apart.

Hwy 288 has been mentioned as well.

Let's Find Erica Hernandez

Let’s Find Erica page shared an update earlier stating:

Plans have changed..the search at S Post Oak Rd has been cancelled to the public!

Wonder the reasoning for this?
BBM I can think of a couple of reasons. One is if they are using dogs. Another is if they are using drones equipped with FLIR capability. Too many people in the area can interfere in both of those situations. MOO

Last edited:
Search efforts continue for Erica Hernandez, missing Houston mother of 3 - TOPNews-USA

Family members describe Erica Hernandez as a loving mother. She’s a single mother who works full-time to care for her three children. She even donates plasma twice a week, trying to bring in more money for her household.

Her son, Dennis, turns 16 years old Wednesday. Erica’s sister, Ashley Hernandez, said there’s no way in this world Erica would miss his birthday.

“It’s about bringing my sister home to her children. My nephew’s birthday is coming up. It’s going to be a hard 16, I’ll tell you that. Please find it in your heart to look at your camera, think about what happened Sunday last week,” said Hernandez. “I really do think she’s in danger. There’s no reason why we can’t find her vehicle. I do think she’s in danger. I really do.”

She’s a single mother who works full-time to care for her three children. She even donates plasma twice a week, trying to bring in more money for her household.
Yet she drives a massive GMC Acadia less than a year old, which has been discussed here as being quite appealing for a carjacking.

I'm not judging her financial situation or lifestyle choices at all, but the description of her being a single mother, working full time, then delivering food, plus donating blood twice a week for extra money sits at odds with having a new vehicle that would have cost her a lot of money.

I hope poor Erica hasn't been roped into delivering other items (drugs, money, guns etc.) for nefarious people to get some more money for her family and it's gone wrong.

MOO

Last edited:
Anyone knows about her SO/bf/husband?
I am thinking they are keeping something to their chest. why the FBI? There is a sense of urgency, as if they know someone got her, or?
Just thinking outloud

Definitely. It seems like there’s a great big piece of the jigsaw they’re deliberately not mentioning for some reason.

There appears to be several bodies of water in the area. With the cell phone & OnStar both not being able to be pinged, I'm leaning towards the theory that the vehicle just may be in water. We had a case here in Indiana where a woman missing since 2009 was found last year in a retention pond in her vehicle. I hope such is not the case here for Erica & she is returned safely to her family - and soon.

So there are ways to disable OnStar.
How to Disable OnStar | YourMechanic Advice

The car could be in water, or it could be disabled.
"Certain 2015 model year Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab, Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Sierra Crew Cab, GMC Yukon, and GMC Yukon XL vehicles may have a condition that can allow water to leak into the vehicle’s roofmounted antenna. This condition could prevent the vehicle’s OnStar system from accurately determining the vehicle’s location; disable the vehicle’s compass, navigation, and XM radio systems; illuminate the vehicle’s red OnStar LED indicator; and allow water into the interior passenger compartment."
SB-10089829-2280.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

I know it's not this vehicle she has, just to show that being submerged in water can disable it.
Sorry, just thinking out loud.

ABC13-Steve Campion

ABC-13 News anchor Steve Campion interviewed Erica’s sister. The video is on a post from yesterday (April 27).

The following was shared:
•April 17 at 8:00pm, Erica dropped food off at her brother & sister-in-law’s house on Ardery Meadow.
•April 17 at 8:30pm, Erica drops her kids off at home located on Rockford Drive.
•April 18 at 2:30am, Erica leaves her friend’s house on Benning Road.
•April 18 at 4:00am, Erica is last seen in her vehicle on a security camera on Court Road at S. Post Oak.

Her sister in law states in the interview that the video is a mystery to the family. The police aren’t sharing too much about it.

Here is a screenshot of a map showing the times and places shared in the interview.
upload_2021-4-28_14-21-30.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back