Found Deceased TX - Lashun Massey, 38, Irving, 27 Apr 2021 *Reigning Mrs. Dallas pageant queen*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Search underway for missing Irving woman last seen Tuesday near Lake Lago de Claire | wfaa.com

33036847-2d96-4867-a96d-04a36dd5a2e7_750x422.jpg

Irving police are asking for the public's help in finding a woman who was reported missing Tuesday morning.
  • 38-year-old Lashaun Massey was last seen between 5:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. near Lake Lago de Claire in La Vallita in Irving.
  • She was last seen wearing a black hoodie and checkered pajama pants.
  • Irving Police said foul play is not suspected at this point.
  • Massey is known to go on early morning walks, but would usually be home by 7 a.m. to get her children ready for online learning.
  • Her husband reported her missing at 7:40 a.m., and police then found a lead based on the Lake Lago de Claire sighting.
  • Officials used sonar to search Lake Lago and its nearby canals.
Anyone with information is asked to call Irving police at 972-273-1010.

Mrs. Dallas Pageant Queen Reported Missing in Irving – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (nbcdfw.com)
  • Massey is a businesswoman, a wife and mom of two elementary-aged boys.
  • She's also the reigning Mrs. Dallas and was set to compete in the Mrs. Texas pageant later this year.
  • Massey was last seen by a witness who reportedly saw her around 5:30 a.m. on a sidewalk near Lake Lago de Claire in the La Vallita subdivision in Irving.
  • Massey's car and phone were both at home.
Reigning Mrs. Dallas reported missing in Irving (fox4news.com)
  • Crews searched the small body of water near Royal Lane and Riverside Drive.
  • According to her bio online, Massey is preparing for an upcoming pageant.
  • She’s a wife and mother of two boys and owns her own environmental engineering firm.

“Witnesses later reported seeing her walking on the edge of lake Lago de Claire.

“They had asked her if she was okay and she said she was so they carried about their business,” firefighter Robert Keeker said.

“After that, they said they saw her exit the water and then we later received a tip someone else had seen her walking in the water again a couple hours later.”

Because of those witness reports, crews from the Irving and Lewisville Fire Departments started searching the lake Tuesday morning.

However, since the water was close to 90 feet deep, they had to bring in Texas Parks and Wildlife who didn’t find anything.”

Search Is On For Missing Irving Mom Lashun Massey

I don’t have a good feeling about this...

On her fb she sounds like she was excited where she was going, with challenging her Mrs. Dallas title.
It sounds like she is just lost, like on the edge of the water, and then leaving it then going back in. Kind of like she wanted to go in, but thought otherwise then went in again.
This is so sad. The last year has been so tough for everyone. I hope she is just decompressing somewhere. Or maybe she needed to get away.

lf4d03445-m23xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

This is what the lake looks like. i am guessing she was walking on the water, off the ledge. I was picturing a lake with sand on the shore.
At least that is what it looks like on the news link posted above,
Is the lake always so "full" Anyone from there that can fill in on that?

On her fb she sounds like she was excited where she was going, with challenging her Mrs. Dallas title.
It sounds like she is just lost, like on the edge of the water, and then leaving it then going back in. Kind of like she wanted to go in, but thought otherwise then went in again.
This is so sad. The last year has been so tough for everyone. I hope she is just decompressing somewhere. Or maybe she needed to get away.
I'm hoping she just needed to get away too. It's a lot of pressure to be Mrs. Dallas, prepare for a bigger "Mrs." competition, run a company, oversee two kids' online education during a pandemic. All of that takes so much time, energy, and upkeep. Some people thrive in that environment, though.

Part of me wonders if she wanted to be seen in the water to give the impression she drowned, but actually made an escape from pressures? I hope so. And I hope she is found safe.

It's scary to me that that water goes to 90 feet deep.

jmo

Reminds me of that case about the beautiful, successful woman from India (originally) with a husband and 1 or 2 kids. She had a sewing blog/company. She drowned herself in a lake on the North/South Carolina border.

The reigning Mrs. Dallas has gone missing in Irving Texas just a few days before she was set to compete in an upcoming pageant.

Although police have not yet ruled out foul play, they searched the nearby lake to rule out the possibility of drowning.

Dr. Massey was set to compete and represent Dallas in the Mrs. Texas America pageant in Corsicana on Thursday, an annual beauty pageant for married women.

Dr. Massey is originally from Arkansas and graduated with her PH.D. in Civil Engineering. She owns an environmental engineering firm and is a program manager for research in the engineering school at the University of Texas at Dallas, and the author of a book titled "The Face Of The New Engineer".

Pageant Queen Mrs. Dallas Dr. LaShun Massey Has Gone Missing

I made myself watch the husband's interview before reading any forums so that I could be more objective.

Well, the husband talked about her using the past tense. She was on a great career path, She was accomplished [paraphrasing].

To be so sure that someone is going to come home but then speak of that person in the past tense just sets off all kinds of alarm bells in my mind.

What does everyone else think??

I hope she does come home. I'm local and the weather has just been so rainy and dreary. I have thought about Dr. Massey several times today amid this weather and pray that she is safe. But it doesn't look good...

Huge red flags flying on his past tense description of her! Interesting he’s helping Irving police post flyers, etc. Thinking of Suzanne Morphew case, The husband there, Barry, hasn’t helped police in searches or helped in community searches either. At least this Dude is trying to appear like he wants to find her.

The past tense by itself doesn't seem like a red flag, exactly. It could be pessimism/despair rather than guilt. He doesn't seem to have much hope that she's going to be found alive, but his other behavior seems like what I would expect.

I guess the husband speaking in past tense in this case isn’t bothering me much ... yet. I thought about it, thinking about how I may talk in this situation and I think it would be relatively normal to fluctuate between past and present tense when speaking about a loved one who is missing, especially if he knows more than we do about the circumstances of her disappearance such as her recent mental state, things shared with him by LE, etc. In the same video/article he also speaks of her in present tense (“She knows how much I love her and how much I cherish her,” Jeff Massey, Leshun’s husband told CBS 11. “She’s my world and she’s going to come home.”) so it just seems like he may be distraught and speaking his feelings before thinking about how his words may be analyzed.

The past tense by itself doesn't seem like a red flag, exactly. It could be pessimism/despair rather than guilt. He doesn't seem to have much hope that she's going to be found alive, but his other behavior seems like what I would expect.

We had the same thoughts @carbuff! I agree totally that his words may come from a place of despair or pessimism.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back