Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you all have to scroll through allll of the fb posts to get to 2017? Or is there an easier way? I'm finally to 2018 so i'm getting there but dang he sure posted quite a bit
I'm not sure how to do it with a phone or if it's the same in the facebook app, but on a computer there's a button that says filter that lets you select the dates you want to view.

JBC FACEBOOK SPREAD SHEET : JBC_Facebook

UPDATE:

It appears that the video links are no longer working. I am guessing that the pic links will stop working soon as well. Tomorrow I will re-check the links, and if they are still not working, I will delete the video/pic columns as needed. The text data will stay.

Disclaimers:
1. This data was collected from public posts on JBC's profile.
2. I could easily have missed data.
3. The video/pic links may eventually expire. I am not sure when. I do not have the storage to download them, but if anybody wants to, feel free to do so.
4. If all fields are "None", my best guess is that JBC deleted a post or Facebook took down a post that he shared. There are a lot of instances of this in 2019.

Ok so (hopefully) last update on this. I decided to add in the links to the facebook posts since the video links stopped working/ the image links will stop working very soon as well. If anybody likes playing around with data and wants access to my codes/ original scraped data, please message me and I can share my github folder for this project.

I'm not a techie, so I don't have the answer on that ITD, but IMO it would only be to the MAC address of the neighbour's modem. I don't know whether a modem is able to be forensically examined with regard to a specific device, but it would be pretty evident that creep was using their own account at someone else's place and they'd be hard-pressed to claim it was not them posting.
I think this is very promising. I'm trying not to get too excited they can place his locations in Feb 2017.

If he gets ensnared because of his own posts, that would be rather satisfying.

For now....we wait.

Yes, Facebook will know where the post came from and routinely provides that information to LE in response to a subpoena. If you are logged into Google on your phone (like through gmail), Google can provide your exact location down to the room of the house you are in. They only recently disclosed that they record and store that level of detail and will provide it to LE in response to a subpoena.
Incredible. IF this is BG, it will fascinating to read what evidence was gathered.

jmo

Although it's very early and just speculation making comparison between the cases but more and more background, details emerging from and about JBC let alone resemblance to the sketches, proximity to crime scene seems like it could be a good fit for BG.

We know he lured the 9 y/o victim by inviting her over to pet his puppy. Using pets as a lure are well known methods used by predators to gain trust. Threatening to harm one is even more compelling since a child would do anything to protect it.

The wording of this article is very misleading.
ETA: From article
A man accused of kidnapping and abusing a 9-year-old girl in Indiana is now being linked to one of the state’s most mysterious murder investigations.
“Our investigators are looking into him,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said of Chadwell, the Journal & Courier reported.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article251027199.html#storylink=cpy

On the ear plugs - they’re probably not common in Delphi, right? If the plug was in the ear, maybe it was mistaken for a collar, piece of hood, or hair. An ear plug isn’t a Mohawk or neon green hair, IMO.

Right. Exactly what I was thinking. Its easily hid under one of those gaitor things or bandana. Didnt one witness say he has something like that around his neck/face? That could potentially hide the gauges, especially if they were out? MOO

Rsbm Some of his pictures seemed to me to be taunting his location? jmo

Agree. Seems that way, possibly, imo.

Question: for those local to Indiana especially, would you say it is common for people to post bridge and river pics so much? Here in Colorado, it is common for people to have “mountain pics”, considering all the mountains. Thoughts? Are the pics taunting, or is something like this not necessarily out of the ordinary, to have so many photos of bridge and river pics (and trains, railroad tracks).

did you all have to scroll through allll of the fb posts to get to 2017? Or is there an easier way? I'm finally to 2018 so i'm getting there but dang he sure posted quite a bit

Next to the word “posts” on the main content section, there is a button that says “filters” - you can search by year, month, date.

Last edited:
In my opinion the man on the bridge looks way older than this suspect is. That man on the bridge looks like a man in his 60s to me, even the way he walks with that kind of hunch. And why would a younger man with ear gauges who quite clearly appears to be into the "alternative" scene (going by his facebook information) be dressed in clothes like that? The jeans, jacket, shoes and hat don't match and all scream older man to me. Before i became a practising Muslim i was into the "alt scene" and dated numerous women in that culture. The mother of my kids is still involved in it. Not once have i ever seen a man in that subculture dressed the way the guy on the bridge is even for casual wear. Suspect uses TikTok and looks like he still listens to Secondhand Serenade whereas the man on the bridge looks likes someone's grandpa out for a stroll.

Is it assumed that he was disguised or something? Why does everyone think this guy is so young?

In my opinion the man on the bridge looks way older than this suspect is. That man on the bridge looks like a man in his 60s to me, even the way he walks with that kind of hunch. And why would a younger man with ear gauges who quite clearly appears to be into the "alternative" scene (going by his facebook information) be dressed in clothes like that? The jeans, jacket, shoes and hat don't match and all scream older man to me. Before i became a practising Muslim i was into the "alt scene" and dated numerous women in that culture. The mother of my kids is still involved in it. Not once have i ever seen a man in that subculture dressed the way the guy on the bridge is even for casual wear. Suspect uses TikTok and looks like he still listens to Secondhand Serenade whereas the man on the bridge looks likes someone's grandpa out for a stroll.

Is it assumed that he was disguised or something? Why does everyone think this guy is so young?

I just posted about this on the JBC thread. BGs style of dress screams 60+ “dad jeans” and JBC dresses much more youthful.

Unless it was a disguise.

From the FBI Wanted Poster, bbm.

"The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddishbrown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger."

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

Nice job! Question for you - have you by chance noticed about what year he started wearing ear gauges? I find it hard to believe if BG had gauges that a witness would not have noticed and commented on that.

I'm behind, so someone may have answered this already, but I explained kind of how ear plugs work here. The short answer is not necessarily.

As an aside,

My ears are stretched, semi-large (7/16). They don't go completely back small enough to wear most regular earrings, but they do go small enough that they aren't noticeable, and they do go back rather fast (within a couple weeks).
Also, if I take them out for a while and then decide to put them back in, they stretch pretty quickly-- I can get them from start to 10mm in about 6 weeks.
If you're stretching for the first time, it can take a very long time (if you are stretching the right way and purposely avoiding blowouts)-- it can take a year or longer. Of course, there are people who just jam them through and end up with blown out, skinny, cat butt ears as well, but even then, it takes some time.

Lots depends of the elasticity of your ears, and whether they have been stretched or not before.

ETA: there are also flesh coloured plugs that lots of people who work in conservative workplaces wear, and those sometimes can blend in so well that unless you are specifically looking for it, you won't notice.

This has been your ear stretching primer for those of you who are unfamiliar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10