Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duggar is set to appear in court again on May 5 for a detention hearing. The trial is currently scheduled for July 6, Judge Erin Wiedemann said.
Josh Duggar arrested, indicted on child *advertiser censored* charges - CNN

I can see Josh and his attorney denying he knowingly downloaded child *advertiser censored*. In other cases, I've seen the defendant say images of children were buried within the file of "adult" images they downloaded.

SBM.

I think this the reason that it took so long to arrest him. He was at a car dealership, probably many others had access to the computer and the the network. It most likely took time to make sure that he was the one who was looking at and downloading the material. I think he deliberately used the work computer to cover himself.

I am so glad they have been able to pin this on him if he did it. He had to know what ways to cover himself after the Ashley M@$!S0& site.

SBM.

I think this the reason that it took so long to arrest him. He was at a car dealership, probably many others had access to the computer and the the network. It most likely took time to make sure that he was the one who was looking at and downloading the material. I think he deliberately used the work computer to cover himself.

I am so glad they have been able to pin this on him if he did it. He had to know what ways to cover himself after the Ashley M@$!S0& site.

The dealership probably also provided him with privacy. He could be there at anytime. IMO

Often the date is the date that he downloaded the materials, not the date that they they knew. Either way, I agree that these investigations take too long.

Because they don't want any reason, at all, for that person not being convicted. They could do a faster job but risk making even a small mistake, and have the whole thing dismissed. They don't want to run that risk. Also I'm pretty sure it would be rare for someone like this to just blatantly have the file on a public folder easily accessible on their computer; it probably takes a lot of forensic investigation at a granular level to get the evidence.

The possibility of bail exists. Barely. Usually it's " No Bail" or very high bail for a Federal charge, and he has at least 2 Federal charges against him.

I hope it's clear that he lives in a warehouse on the Duggar parents' property with his wife and 7 ( soon to be 8) children.
His parents, who are likely his only supporters, have minor daughters at home, and all of his adult siblings are married with one or more children, except a newlywed brother or two who both married this spring. ( I'm not implying they'd let him in the door).
His sentencing and disposition should occur very soon. As we know, all are presumed innocent in the US criminal justice system until proven guilty.

Sure, people try to say a stray adult *advertiser censored* image got on their HDD by accident, but we are not talking 1 or even 10 images of CSE. Many illegal images are believed to have been procured from a known source, and found on Joshua Duggar's computer or computers. Still, possession of just one image of a child being exploited sexually is a Federal crime.

After all he's done, and with this now, I'm bowing out. I can find absolutely no defense of him in my heart at all. This is NOT smoke and mirrors, it is factual hard imaging of children being exploited. Closely linked to foreign terrorist cells, who embed messages to each other and to procure new recruits in the files too. That's why HSA gets involved with the FBI now. His targets have always been the weakest of society, not fighter terrorist cells.
( I am not implying that Joshua Duggar had any interaction with a foreign terrorist cell directly or for the reason of terrorism against the USA).

I believe in innocent until proven guilty but IMO, he hurt his sisters with forceful deliberation and malice of forethought and I can't really separate his sex crimes in my mind.
IF he's found guilty, I hope he never walks free again. That's how I feel about all who exploit vulnerable men, and all women and children through criminal sex acts.
Great post!! Clarifying one thing- it's 6 kids, soon to be 7 :)

This is very not surprising, given he molested his sisters and the person he was sent to to deal with that situation, ended up in prison for CSA material as well. I wonder if Josh’s dad sent him to that guy because he knew that guy was into kids.

Because they don't want any reason, at all, for that person not being convicted. They could do a faster job but risk making even a small mistake, and have the whole thing dismissed. They don't want to run that risk. Also I'm pretty sure it would be rare for someone like this to just blatantly have the file on a public folder easily accessible on their computer; it probably takes a lot of forensic investigation at a granular level to get the evidence.

I work with child trafficking victims and have been privy to many steps in these investigations. I won't bog the thread down with unrelated, or aside conversations, but there are many reasons I think these investigations take too long. There is so m1uch unnecessary red tape, especially when the perpetrator is known to the public. The federal government would never give warning of an imminent arrest to your neighbor for the same charges. Investigations into people like him are unnecessarily lengthy, and usually to the benefit of the perpetrator.

This will probably increase the ratings for "Counting On". Lurid as it is.

As for his wife, Anna, pregnant with her 7th child...seriously, how can she "stand by her man" with a child *advertiser censored* charge? I guess that Christian rehabilitation for sex addiction didn't help Josh Duggar much.

The bolded is disappointing in this statement (to me). This won't and shouldn't be resolved in a timely manner. Only they can explain what they meant here, but this gives me the impression they don't believe the charges or are hoping Josh is out soon and back home. IMO

https://www.duggarfamily.com/2021/04/duggar-family-statement-2/

“We appreciate your continued prayers for our family at this time. The accusations brought against Joshua today are very serious. It is our prayer that the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light, and that this will all be resolved in a timely manner. We love Josh and Anna and continue to pray for their family.”

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar

I agree that timeliness seems like a selfish concern that should not be mentioned. It comes off like they just want the negative news cycle to pass as quickly as possible so as not to hurt “the brand.” In the most generous interpretation they could want it resolved quickly for the good of their grandchildren, daughter in law, children etc. Still a bit selfish to mention it, but understandable sentiment.

The parents praying that “the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light” reads to me like they know he is guilty. This is not a vigorous defense by any means.

Very similar to the statement from the Orson and Orrin adopted grandparents. In fact they liked that line so much that in their first statement they said it twice: “The truth has to and will come to light.”

It’s what you say when your loved one is accused of a crime and you are not willing to say you think they are guilty, but you do think they are probably guilty.

Finally, I think the happiest bit about these charges is that:
  • Unlike sex assault/abuse charges, young victims will not have to testify to put the alleged scum bag behind bars. (Woo hoo!)
  • Each count carries up to 20 years in prison (that’s some real time).
  • Real time without putting young victims through the hell of a trial is a win win in my book.

Im actually really annoyed that they get to choose to not have the charges read aloud in court. Yet another level of not facing the ugly reality or even acknowledging the abuse. Juuuust another case of "hope it will be cleared up soon! Pray for Josh! Nothing to see here!" And the victims remain in the shadows, unacknowledged.

The dealership probably also provided him with privacy. He could be there at anytime. IMO
Ugh, just think about it: Josh at work, supposedly earning a living in order to support his ever growing family and instead he's sitting on a company computer, downloading pictures of little children being sexually abused.

I hope his wife will refuse to support him or make excuses for his behavior. According to the Duggar brand of religion the wife is supposed to be "available" to him 24/7 to take care of his "needs." In this case Josh's "needs" are so bizarre that I can't see anyone blaming Anna for his perverted behavior. So much for Michelle's advice to new brides...

But you are the only one who can meet that special need that he has in his life for intimacy. You’re it. You’re the only one. So don’t forget that, that he needs you. So when you are exhausted at the end of the day, maybe from dealing with little ones, and you fall into bed so exhausted at night, don’t forget about him because you and he are the only ones who can have that time together. No one else in the world can meet that need.”

“And so be available, and not just available, but be joyfully available for him. Smile and be willing to say, ‘Yes, sweetie I am here for you,’ no matter what, even though you may be exhausted and big pregnant and you may not feel like he feels. ‘I’m still here for you and I’m going to meet that need because I know it’s a need for you.’ ”​
https://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/1...ext=Feel free to go to,to go seek it together.
5583.gif

I think that in some of these cases, it is a network that they are investigating and they want to get them all. Charging before they are all caught could tip the others off and in a lot of cases it is a global thing, so other countries child endangerment forces have to cooperate and swap evidence and identify the perps and such.

I’m sorry MsMarple. I appreciate you providing the link and the quote from the Dugger website but I just cannot hit like on that post. Not even with the throw up emoji.

Men are not entitled to be indulged 24/7 at the expense of a heavily pregnant exhausted wife. In the scenario provided, that husband should be rubbing her feet and appreciating the fact that she is creating a human being inside of her body instead of expecting sex.
And any man who decides that just because he can’t have sex the second he wants at any time no matter how he treats his wife, it makes it OK to get sex somewhere else is just an idiot.
MOO

Last edited:
This will probably increase the ratings for "Counting On". Lurid as it is.

As for his wife, Anna, pregnant with her 7th child...seriously, how can she "stand by her man" with a child *advertiser censored* charge? I guess that Christian rehabilitation for sex addiction didn't help Josh Duggar much.

These people have a show?? I hope whatever network its on is boycotted.

I’m sorry MsMarple. I appreciate you providing the link and the quote from the Dugger website but I just cannot hit like on that post. Not even with the throw up emoji.

Men are not entitled to be indulged 24/7 at the expense of a heavily pregnant exhausted wife. In the scenario provided, that husband should be rubbing her feet and appreciating the fact that she is creating a human being inside of her body instead of expecting sex.
And any man who decides that just because he can’t have sex the second he wants at any time no matter how he treats his wife, it makes it OK to get sex somewhere else is just an idiot.
MOO
And although this is not a popular opinion, I don't believe that 'sex addiction' is a real thing. I believe it is men who have never been taught self control and is an excuse for bad behavior, that men have been excused for, forever. Boys will be boys and all that.

Here's info from the 2019 investigation by HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) of Josh and what agents said at the time:

The HSI investigates human rights violations, immigration crime, human smuggling, export enforcement issues, cybercrime, financial crimes, and the smuggling of weapons and other contraband.
As the Duggars turn - Arkansas Times
I'mm wondering if it's a child sex-trafficking thing.....

I don’t know how Anna will recover from something as horrible as this, if in fact the charges are proven. She will soon have 7 children to support. How betrayed she must feel. I think deep in her heart she knows he did this. But Jim Bob being the patriarch of the whole brood has probably ordered her to shush. I hope she will take her children away immediately if for no other reason than to get physical distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas