IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #3

This is such an easy case to zero in on. The vehicle was serviced and her known path is documented. If she followed the direct patch outlined from her travels we should have a known range she would have meandered off the main roads. This is fairly simple to compute.

I know what you mean but you're still combing a huge area for a small body.

MAY 11, 2021
New age-progression image released of missing Illinois boy | WICS (newschannel20.com)

1068794c-4602-4da2-a70b-37363917e27b-large16x9_Pitzen.png

Ten years after the disappearance of a young Illinois boy, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released a new age-progression image of what he may look like today.

Timmothy Pitzen of Aurora, Illinois disappeared on May 11, 2011, at age 6.

Reports say his mother took him out of school that day to go on a 3-day trip to a zoo and water parks. She then committed suicide in Rockford, Illinois.

Aurora Police said Amy Fry-Pitzen left a suicide note that said, "Tim is somewhere safe with people who love him and will care for him. You will never find him."

[...]

MAY 11, 2021
New age-progression image released of missing Illinois boy | WICS (newschannel20.com)

1068794c-4602-4da2-a70b-37363917e27b-large16x9_Pitzen.png

Ten years after the disappearance of a young Illinois boy, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released a new age-progression image of what he may look like today.

Timmothy Pitzen of Aurora, Illinois disappeared on May 11, 2011, at age 6.

Reports say his mother took him out of school that day to go on a 3-day trip to a zoo and water parks. She then committed suicide in Rockford, Illinois.

Aurora Police said Amy Fry-Pitzen left a suicide note that said, "Tim is somewhere safe with people who love him and will care for him. You will never find him."

[...]

I am just dumbstruck that this case is so old. I would have guessed much more recent as it is seared in my memory.

It always make me cringe when adults say "they are now somewhere safe, they are loved" etc... as did Lori Vallow and many others we have followed here.

*shivers*

I am just dumbstruck that this case is so old. I would have guessed much more recent as it is seared in my memory.

It always make me cringe when adults say "they are now somewhere safe, they are loved" etc... as did Lori Vallow and many others we have followed here.

*shivers*

Agree, and I hate that they can be so out of touch with reality yet still often manage to keep the child from being found.

Back to the phone being found... if I remember correctly, it was found near Mt. Carroll, IL (on Rt 78???). If Mom was traveling between Wisconsin and Rockford, IL... What was she/the phone doing west of there near Mt. Carroll? Mt. Carroll and Rockford are NOT close to each other. Thoughts?

I think she simply knew what she was going to do, planned a “fun” last few days for the two of them, killed him, went and bought herself food for her final meal, then finished her plan by killing herself. I believe she probably thought that he was “safe”-because he was no longer alive and in danger. And agree. She somehow knew she hid him well enough that he would never be found. I wonder if it was something like a random dumpster

Agree 100%

I think this is exactly how Mom planned this early on. To me it's obvious. I agree 100% about her activities. But I disagree about Tim's final resting place. I think he is buried out in a deserted area. His Mother drugged him, with something like sleeping pills to knock him out to minimize his pain, strangled him, either dug a hole and buried him, or dumped him in a body of water, maybe Lake Michigan. If Tim is in a body of water, it would be really hard to find him.

Tim is buried somewhere between the parameters of Illinois and Wisconsin. Not able to live with what she did, she killed herself shortly thereafter so that in her unstable mindset, they are together forever in heaven, and no one can change that.

Tim's Mom had this planned for a very long time. The only mystery is exactly where is Tim's body? Sadly, I am 100% sure that he is dead at his Mother's hands.

Satch

Agree 100%

I think this is exactly how Mom planned this early on. To me it's obvious. I agree 100% about her activities. But I disagree about Tim's final resting place. I think he is buried out in a deserted area. His Mother drugged him, with something like sleeping pills to knock him out to minimize his pain, strangled him, either dug a hole and buried him, or dumped him in a body of water, maybe Lake Michigan. If Tim is in a body of water, it would be really hard to find him.

Tim is buried somewhere between the parameters of Illinois and Wisconsin. Not able to live with what she did, she killed herself shortly thereafter so that in her unstable mindset, they are together forever in heaven, and no one can change that.

Tim's Mom had this planned for a very long time. The only mystery is exactly where is Tim's body? Sadly, I am 100% sure that he is dead at his Mother's hands.

Satch

I heard that investigators found some blood in the back seat where Timothy usually sat. That is the solution that makes the most sense, and I do agree with it. That's the thing about this case is that there are so many possible things that could've happened, but there's no answer. I doubt an answer will be coming soon either, it's just unfortunate.

I watched one video that questioned Timmothy's parentage due to his father's chemotherapy treatment. They postulated that James had been rendered infertile and this might have been a motive behind Timmothy's disappearance/murder, as Amy did not want the secret to be exposed. I can definitely see a physical likeness between Timmothy and James in photographs, but what if Amy had been having an affair with one of his family? Why was one of her last calls to the brother-in-law and not James? Perhaps she didn't have the nerve, and only wanted to communicate with James by proxy (the brother-in-law) or maybe there's another reason?

Mostly a lurker here, but I read this article in Chicago Magazine and didn't see it referenced here, so I thought I'd post it: What Happened to Timmothy Pitzen?

I really am on the fence about what happened to Timmothy, but I wanted to say IMO that being suicidal does not mean that you want to harm others. Also, she was a Mormon - I don't know enough about Mormonism to say if the values of that community would lead someone to secretly raise a child under these circumstances, but it struck me as a possible angle.

Anyway, I wish peace for the family and those involved. I can't even imagine what it would be like to go through something like this.

I think the Amy killed Timmothy.
Writing in the note that he was with people who would care for him was her way of not looking like a monster. No way is he with the Amish. I don’t think they would just accept a random child like that and not go to the authorities.
I read a lot on this case a long time ago. I seem to remember that there was speculation that Amy changed her mind about committing suicide due to how she was found. Like she harmed herself and tried to stop?

I thought I read that she had been in the bathroom because there was blood in there but she was found by the hotel room phone. Of course now I can’t find where I read that. Not that it really changes anything. She had 2 prior attempts one where she was found and one where she stopped herself.

I think the Amy killed Timmothy.
Writing in the note that he was with people who would care for him was her way of not looking like a monster. No way is he with the Amish. I don’t think they would just accept a random child like that and not go to the authorities.
I read a lot on this case a long time ago. I seem to remember that there was speculation that Amy changed her mind about committing suicide due to how she was found. Like she harmed herself and tried to stop?

Amy killed Tim. No doubt in my mind or many others.

No one would keep a missing child for all these years and not say anything unless this was a possible abduction case. This was a homicide by Amy, and her committing suicide so that she would never have to live with the guilt of what she had done.

I think Amy killed Tim with sleeping pills and strangulation. She even planned the route and places she would travel well in advance. Furthermore, she never wanted Jim, in any possible way, to get custody of Tim. I don't remember if the divorce was finalized or still being planned.

Satch

It looks like whatever Amy Pitzen did and where she went on her crazy 3 days in NW Illinois with Timmothy was to throw off searchers and confuse them , and the things she said on her phone calls while on the trip with Timmothy were not at all true either . So how can we believe her when she said she gave him to people who loved him and would take good care of him . When she probably did something else with him totally . Telling family they will never find him seems like he is in VERY deep water , a VERY deep hole in the earth , or a VERY high mountain , in a nightmarish place , some where extreme , consumed by the violence of planet earth .
its hard to know just what things unhinged desperate ppl do...the martial problem might suggest the whole things was some sort of a revenge against the husband ..if her motherly instinct was present or not ..we can only guess
going to fun places and the ( never ) tone only give very bad vibes
is it possible for him to live somewhere in the state without being identified if he was alive..
i think schools should not let a child get out at all without a very solid evidence that its legit with cooperation of the other parent .

couldnt they at the time decide if the blood of tim was very recent or from another time ?

also
His Mother Pulled Him Out Of School For A Surprise Three-Day Vacation — And He Was Never Seen Again

Amy’s cellphone indicated one of the last calls she made pinged off a cell tower by Sterling, Illinois. Police looked through toll records and saw that Amy made two trips to that very same area but months earlier.
cant they locate that call ?

Last edited:
There must be a huge expanse of land where Timothy could theoretically be buried. Can't see them ever finding him unless it's by sheer chance.

If he is dead and buried along the route between the Wisconsin Dells and Rockford, IL, that’s about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Depending on the route she took he could be anywhere along I-90 or whatever route she took. There are expansive fields and wooded lands.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back