Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding all the comments about how JBC was so prolific on FB, only to switch to friends-only around the time of the murders: he only had a total of 7 public postings prior to 2/13/17–which were very sporadic—then had a public posting on 2/14. It wasn’t until March of 2017 that he started to post regularly in public. Take that for what it’s worth but I’m personally not reading too much into the lack of public postings right around the time of the murders.

Regarding the tattoo with the “bleeding eyes”: After actually watching the video of JBC’s step-father and brother, I’m not sure that I’d put a ton of stock into much of what they say, particularly around the tattoo. I’ll leave it at that, rather than risk disparaging his clan. Also, I initially thought that he had two different tattoos of girls but, after looking at the mirrored selfie pics, I’m pretty sure it’s the same pic. One tat picture looks like it has a toothy grin but I think that’s an illusion. I also believe that we’ve seen posts that show the tattoo as early as 2016. Regardless, it doesn’t make or break him as a possible suspect for me.

Like most others, I’m hoping that it’s him. I want this for the families and because of the obvious danger inherent in having the killer walking around free (assuming he’s not already incarcerated) but I’m also nowhere close to being convinced.

thanks for this - v interesting re SM posting. imo ANY change in his public-facing behavior shortly after the crime is relevant, but this angle alone provides basically nothing cuz the rest of the case against him is so strong IMO

Which is to say ..... I basically agree with most of your points on the iffy value of these bits of potential evidence ..... but I’m 100 percent sure that LE finally has their man (altho man is way too polite a term for this pig) MOO

Via @Medstudies (I will also bring over another PO out of Miami County, Indiana):
c6a36593-e395-4191-adb8-3cb62669dfac-png.293843

Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
In the Tippecanoe County Superior Court 5, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
Case No. 79D05-2007-PO-000348
Order issued on: 7/22/2020
Respondent successfully served on: 8/5/2020

A Protective Order has been filed against James B. Chadwell
Born 1979

source:
mycourts.in.gov
public.courts.IN.gov

Last edited:
thanks for this - v interesting re SM posting. imo ANY change in his public-facing behavior shortly after the crime is relevant, but this angle alone provides basically nothing cuz the rest of the case against him is so strong IMO

Which is to say ..... I basically agree with most of your points on the iffy value of these bits of potential evidence ..... but I’m 100 percent sure that LE finally has their man (altho man is way too polite a term for this pig) MOO

Part of the reason that I’m not convinced is that we’ve been down this road before. I previously had high hopes for both CE (especially) and TB and don’t want to get my hopes up again. I certainly think that it *might* be JBC, I just don’t think that we have enough info yet. Hopefully that’s coming. I’d also like to believe/hope that there is not an endless supply of this type of creep roaming around—especially in such a limited geographic area—but recent history seems to be contradicting that stance. :-/

That’s not to say that I can’t be convinced. I’m curious as to what has you at 100%?

Regarding all the comments about how JBC was so prolific on FB, only to switch to friends-only around the time of the murders: he only had a total of 7 public postings prior to 2/13/17–which were very sporadic—then had a public posting on 2/14. It wasn’t until March of 2017 that he started to post regularly in public. Take that for what it’s worth but I’m personally not reading too much into the lack of public postings right around the time of the murders.

Regarding the tattoo with the “bleeding eyes”: After actually watching the video of JBC’s step-father and brother, I’m not sure that I’d put a ton of stock into much of what they say, particularly around the tattoo. I’ll leave it at that, rather than risk disparaging his clan. Also, I initially thought that he had two different tattoos of girls but, after looking at the mirrored selfie pics, I’m pretty sure it’s the same pic. One tat picture looks like it has a toothy grin but I think that’s an illusion. I also believe that we’ve seen posts that show the tattoo as early as 2016. Regardless, it doesn’t make or break him as a possible suspect for me.

Like most others, I’m hoping that it’s him. I want this for the families and because of the obvious danger inherent in having the killer walking around free (assuming he’s not already incarcerated) but I’m also nowhere close to being convinced.
I agree, and noticed the same thing that he hadn't been posting much publicly before the murders. Him switching to friends only right around the murders is definitely curious, though. I wonder when, and how often, he switched between public and friends only.

Am I the only one that sees the drawings? I’m trying to find my shrink’s number so I can have her on call in case I am hallucinating. I agree sometimes we can make ourselves see what we want but this is different. Plus, the thing with my daughter... I might have to pick her up on the way to my couch visit and take her with me. Kidding of course, but seriously, can anyone else see a girls face with brown shoulder length hair? I’m beginning to get a little paranoid. And the puppy? That is definitely a puppy. I can see his little head. Are y’all seeing it too? Ohhhh, I’m gonna go out and pull weeds.
I can definitely see the girl's face. I can't tell if it is a drawing or a photograph but it is a young girl with mid length brown hair.

I don't think that is a puppy. Wouldn't he be needing to use his arms to hold the puppy in place so it doesn't jump out, or fall out the bottom of his coat?

I guess unless he had a puppy papoose pouch..................o O

JMO
It isn't a pouch, it's his hand. You can see his thumb and it moves with the motion as he walks.

Part of the reason that I’m not convinced is that we’ve been down this road before. I previously had high hopes for both CE (especially) and TB and don’t want to get my hopes up again. I certainly think that it *might* be JBC, I just don’t think that we have enough info yet. Hopefully that’s coming. I’d also like to believe/hope that there is not an endless supply of this type of creep roaming around—especially in such a limited geographic area—but recent history seems to be contradicting that stance. :-/

That’s not to say that I can’t be convinced. I’m curious as to what has you at 100%?

ive been there too!! So excited that the beast was caught, & then crushed ... but TBH I was always kidding myself a bit & even knew it at the time. (As a rule no personal talk, but I’ll just say I have a background in investigations.) There was always something that came up quick w a little digging & made the POI in question a bad fit .... he’d literally never been spotted in Indiana; his voice was clearly not a match; the brow was right but the hair was wrong etc.

On this one, early digging did not yield any such bummers. The brazen, disgusting crime & victim profile were a close enough match - the thick clump of hair confirmed what thought i saw in BG pics - the age, build etc did not present inconsistencies... all IMO of course

That was round one, which left no marks on a possible case against him. So already he was head & shoulders above any past POI.

Then I saw he’d been held a week w/o any indication that LE was moving toward clearing him of the attack on A&L - this means IMO he has no alibi. And the girls’ families were bullish instead of bearish .... this was round two! Round 1 was “I can’t clear him,” and round 2 was “LE can’t clear him.”

So then i let myself hope enough to consider the pieces as a whole. I added “savage criminal beast” to “sleeps in tents under bridges” to “local to Delphi” ...... jackpot. JMO

I'm worried that even if he did do it, will LE be able to find evidence to charge/convict him of the crime? I guess the good thing is that either way the delphi case goes, he shouldn't be seeing the light of day anytime soon, if ever. The families deserve closure, though.

JMO

It isn't a pouch, it's his hand. You can see his thumb and it moves with the motion as he walks.
Huh? What isn't a pouch? I was saying that I thought he would have to have the puppy in a pouch inside his jacket, or he would be needing to use his arms to cradle the puppy like a baby. His hands are in his pockets, so I don't think he has a puppy. Nor a pouch.....

Btw, which thumb are you referring to? Left or right? TIA

JMO

I haven’t posted here lately, but I do follow along on high profile cases.

When BG’s picture was released walking on the bridge, I can’t remember if any of us thought it was a puppy in his jacket. Now, when I am looking at the picture, it possibly could be. Or is it my imagination? I always thought it was a scarf. IDK
I never thought ot was a scarf but now that the puppy thing is being tossed about there are hard-ish defined lines of something to the left (from our viewpoint) of his jacket which could be consistent with the legs of a pup. Though we have no idea if the girls mentioned it or have pics etc., could he have suddenly put the dog in there right before he was about to accost them..? It seems a little much to believe that he could pull that off while trying to keep his dog close at hand.

here's what I think I know about this man.

people are terrified of him and part of his perverse sexual excitement comes from the
"getting away with it" part of the crime. It fuels his belief that he is special, it fills him with self pride, he thinks he is a reverse super hero and wears the mask on Facebook.

mOO
Duper’s Delight.

Article says FBI said no way home is connected.

"Ramsey said the search revealed that the residents of the home were “in no way connected” to the deaths of the two teens."

Maybe reading too much into it, but they didn't say anything about the house itself, e.g. it's a possibility a previous resident could have been of interest.

"Ramsey said the search revealed that the residents of the home were “in no way connected” to the deaths of the two teens."

Maybe reading too much into it, but they didn't say anything about the house itself, e.g. it's a possibility a previous resident could have been of interest.
True. I looked over that part.

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
April 30, 2021

“A post on Facebook from a woman who said she was related to the 9-year-old victim claimed Chadwell “strangled her so bad blood came out of her eyes! Her trachea is damaged to where all she do is eat through a straw!!! If it hadn’t been for the speed of the Lafayette Police Department arriving on the scene, she would be dead!!…She was only 9… he’s punching her and his pit bull is biting her!!” She praised first responders.”

james-brian-chadwell.jpg

chadwell5.jpg

chadwell12.jpg

chadwell200.jpg

tat2.png

JHC :/

“Named as a possible suspect in the past was an Indiana man, Paul Etter, 55, who was killed in a standoff with police after being accused of abducting and sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman who pulled into his driveway with a flat tire. However, nothing ever came of it. No one has ever been arrested or charged or publicly accused in the murders.

“Imagine, if every time someone sent me a picture or a name of a person I got my hopes up thinking that could be him. I’d still be sitting here heartbroken but with no hope left and even more devastated,” Libby’s sister, Kelsi German, wrote on Twitter. “Please no more side by sides. No more names. Turn them in. Let law enforcement do THEIR job!!!”

On April 28, she wrote, “‘There’s a resemblance.’ Okay. There was a resemblance with DN, CE, PE, TB, and several others – you can see these people in a simple google search of the girls. They all did bad things but they weren’t our bad guy.”

“Someone looks like somebody, that obviously does not mean that is the person,” the sheriff cautioned to ABC News.”

April 30, 2021

April 30, 2021

“In one post on Facebook, Chadwell wrote, “I’m in love with a lil redhead. You make my soul smile.. I’ll chase you til I can’t walk, then I’ll chase you in my wheelchair.””

chad3.jpeg

chadwell4.jpg

“He also shared numerous posts and photos showing he had an affinity for the woods and outdoors, as well as a picture of a railroad bridge.”

[...]

“In a June 2020 post he wrote, “Sleeping under a bridge for a while til work starts. Only ten days. Cool, dry, no neighbors, and the bridge is only six minutes from work. Be thankful for the little things.””

chad2.png

chadwell3.jpg

Facebook James Chadwell.

chadwell11-1-e1619619858292.jpg

A stock photo on Chadwell’s Facebook page.
There’s an entire community of bridge people in my state and I’ve crawled up most bridge steep inclines in my local area. Underneath bridges, there are little cubbyholes sectioned off way up at the top. Each cubby is filled with individual items from homeless people. They leave all their stuff up there at night while sleeping, then get out the next day for the food pantries, soup kitchens, other services and their daily rounds. People keep their clothes, pillows, blankets, books, prescriptions, toys, water and food up there. It’s an honor code. You’d be surprised how the homeless stick together for resources and companionship. No one bothers their stuff. There’s like an Underground Railroad kinda thing. They go from highway bridge to highway bridge to hitchhike to the next familiar bridge. If he’s sleeping under a local bridge there’s somebody that’s seen him up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288