Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I suggested, I do have questions, and I am waiting for more of the story.

<modsnip>

I understand waiting for more as it relates to Abby and Libby. In response to your last sentence, sharing the below in case you haven’t seen it.

The court document says she was found with blood on her face, and several injuries including marks on her neck. It says that she told police that Chadwell had choked her, hit her and forced her into the basement where he sexually assaulted her. She told police that Chadwell threatened to kill her if she screamed or told anyone what happened.

Court documents: 9-year-old victim says James Chadwell sexually assaulted her

Last edited:
I haven't read anyone saying that this nine year old child wasn't sexually abused by this monster, or that what he has done isn't atrocious. We can all agree that he needs to be put away for a very long time. I personally don't take much stock in what the stepfather or family members are saying either, as there can be 'bad blood' in families. As for people seeing a dog under the monster on the bridges jacket again.. I rather doubt it. You can see that decrepit bridge with no railing for yourself. Imagine trying to walk that thing with a dog under your jacket! I can see the monster on the bridge pulling on a STRING though.. and it pulls down that white thing that is sticking out of the upper part of his jacket. Certainly not a dog in my opinion. You can call the monster who sexually abused/tortured this nine year old child the monster (on the bridge) all you like.. but just because he IS responsible for what he has done to THIS child.. does NOT make him responsible for the murders of Abby and Libby unless/until LE says so.

People have posted a photo from his Facebook where he's taking a selfie on a bridge overlooking a river and you can see both tats at the same time. I'm not sure which photo it is though. @margarita25 do you remember which photo I'm talking about?

I am not finding the link--there are two photos but they weren't taken at the same time or place, and I think somebody edited to look like they went together.

Though if you look at the pink shoe picture and the is-it-a-face picture, you can get a good look at each side.

All I can see now is a puppy under bad guys coat. I always thought that idea was ridiculous. But if he was out with his puppy and decided to walk across that bridge I don't think he would let that puppy walk on that bridge. I suppose a puppy is more reasonable than a goat. A puppy may poop and that would be good DNA I suppose. It is funny how the brain works. We see what we want so I can't trust what I see I guess.

Iowa courts has 2 cases. One in 2010 & one in 2017 listing his full name. He got around alright. The county, SIOUX, the cases are filed in is about 4+ hours from Evansdale. Interesting.

03841 DACV022943 09/02/2010 TRACI LANDEXXXX VS. JAMES B CHADWELL CHADWELL, JAMES BRIAN 03/13/1979 DEFENDANT
03841 DACV026354 01/26/2017 TRACI LANDEXXXX VS. JAMES BRIAN CHADWELL CHADWELL, JAMES BRIAN 03/17/1979 DEFENDANT

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TrialSimpFrame

As I suggested, I do have questions, and I am waiting for more of the story.

<modsnip>

I don't doubt that Chadwell assaulted the girl as stated in the police report.

I do have questions, though. Why did Chadwell just let the police into his basement? Seems like he would do all he could to steer them away from finding out what he had been doing. How did he respond when the police discovered the girl?

I wonder if he has a split personality or went into some sort of *zone* when he did those horrible things to that poor girl.

Just my own opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BNA
Just thinking about LE saying that the killer left a signature at the scene. Also thinking about how LE has not denied, when asked, there was some sort of DNA left at the scene yet have specifically said it is not semen and have specifically said "It is not what you'd expect". What if it was spit from a dog? If so... I think LE would definitely keep that from the public. You can absolutely able to test a dog's DNA and he would easily be able to dispose or give the dog up. What if the "signature" is a dog's bite.

Please let it be him.

I don't doubt that Chadwell assaulted the girl as stated in the police report.

I do have questions, though. Why did Chadwell just let the police into his basement? Seems like he would do all he could to steer them away from finding out what he had been doing. How did he respond when the police discovered the girl?

I wonder if he has a split personality or went into some sort of *zone* when he did those horrible things to that poor girl.

Just my own opinion.

Oh, he went into a "zone" alright. <modsnip> And then some. Not sure what to call what came next. The "pre-murder zone"? MOO.

I don’t see anything in his coat. JMO but I can’t imagine him having a puppy with him. Now BG has THREE living things to control? And he succeeded in murdering two girls without leaving sufficient evidence for police to identify him? Yet people still insist he wasn’t organized and just got lucky? The more complexity you add the less reasonable it is to say he was just lucky.

Caught red-handed and by his own words, invited LE inside and I'm sure he had her blood, sweat and tears on his person. Being in denial at first is human. Continuing to deny in the face of indisputable evidence is stupidity or apathetic. They need to check their souls. AJMO

Edit to clarify: I'm talking about people who personally know JBC, denying he did atrocities to that little 9 year old girl

Are there people close to Chadwell who've expressed denial, or are you just speaking in the hypothetical? I'm asking because from what media I've seen, brother and step-dad think he's 100% capable. Are there other close connections speaking?

As far as folks doubting what he did to the 9-year-old, unfortunately I see people like this in my anti-domestic violence and child abuse work frequently. Sometimes even judges and child protective caseworkers who should know better. I think for some of them, the mentality is they don't want to believe the horrifying things people are capable of doing to their children and partners; they'd rather believe the victim is lying. For others, it's due to the fact that many abusive and violent people are narcs/sociopaths/psychopaths who know how to turn on the charm, while victims often come across as "unlikable" due to the trauma they've experienced. I personally don't see any charm wrt Chadwell. All those facebook posts about punishing people with violence. All those whiny grievances. ::shudder::

I don't think that is a puppy. Wouldn't he be needing to use his arms to hold the puppy in place so it doesn't jump out, or fall out the bottom of his coat?

I guess unless he had a puppy papoose pouch..................o O

JMO
Several years ago, I was skiing and I met a guy who skied with his mini poodle in a Baby Björn. It's unlikely that's what BG is doing in that pic, but certainly not impossible. And sure, pareidolia, but now that @Sillybilly pointed it out, I can't unsee it. I don't think it's definitely a dog... but it could be.

I don’t see anything in his coat. JMO but I can’t imagine him having a puppy with him. Now BG has THREE living things to control? And he succeeded in murdering two girls without leaving sufficient evidence for police to identify him? Yet people still insist he wasn’t organized and just got lucky? The more complexity you add the less reasonable it is to say he was just lucky.

but what evidence could he have left behind to identify him? they have it all....a video, witness statements of those who saw him, his voice and his DNA...more than most murderers leave behind

Agreed. I don't think he had a puppy in his jacket for this reason.

I do think it's possible that he could have been staying under the bridge with a dog or two though. He was known to stay under bridges a few times, why not this time? After he said "Down the hill" he could have easily grabbed the dog(s) down there under the bridge.

but what evidence could he have left behind to identify him? they have it all....a video, witness statements of those who saw him, his voice and his DNA...more than most murderers leave behind

LE never said they had DNA. They actually refuse to say they have offender DNA. They don’t have a clear image despite the video. The witness statements resulted in two completely different sketches where honestly they look like two completely different people and just served to confuse people. There are no reliable eyewitnesses. The only video, which is a true miracle by Libby, is grainy and doesn’t show the person’s face. IMO it is very hard to attack two people and not leave any obvious DNA unless you are very prepared and careful (gloves, face covering, generic shoes).

Last edited:

And yet with all of this evidence that you mention, Rosegold68, LE has still not been able to identify this monster.

LE never said they had DNA. They actually refuse to say they have offender DNA. They don’t have a clear image despite the video. The witness statements resulted in two completely different sketches where honestly they look like two completely different people and just served to confuse people. There are no reliable eyewitnesses. The only video, which is a true miracle by Libby, is grainy and doesn’t show the person’s face. IMO it is very hard to attack two people and not leave any obvious DNA unless you are very prepared and careful (gloves, face covering, generic shoes).

they have his 'signature' whatever that consists of....and the audio....do we know for sure how many people came forward to say they had seen BG in the area?

<modsnip>

You don't just abduct a 9 yr old, assualt her and come close to killing her at aged 42 without having priors.

I'm thinking out loud here. DNA? LE never confirmed they had the perps DNA. Remember the boots that were taken away from the nearby, was it an abbatoir? I'm thinking that was maybe related to testing footprints at the scene.

I can't get past the feeling I get when I see him walk in the Inside Edition video but I don't know if I'm putting too much into that. I want this to be BG so bad but I don't want to jump to conclusions. There's so much out there about him that seems to fit, but I don't get a vibe from him that he is very smart. BG to me was smart, jeez they have him on film and his voice, I never thought we'd be here 4 years later not knowing who he is. I'm seeing he disguised himself, hence the 2 different artists impressions. Wore clothing he wouldn't normally, I think he then destroyed that evidence. If he was smart and prepared, he may not have left DNA, or they don't have a full profile.

Now I'm hanging on these words "According to Good Morning America, the sheriff says there are “several factors” causing authorities to look into Chadwell for the Delphi murders, but he didn’t specify what they were" James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Several factors.. I got
He looks like BG
He sounds like BG
He has a criminal history of violence, and now the 9yr old
He was in the area at the time of the murders?
The tattoo?

What else have we got that could be "several factors"? Or is this it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow