IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note

Good Morning great fellow sleuths!
As we start the day, it is important that we bring forward the rules as a fresh reminder. Posts that have been and will continue to be removed from the thread include:
-Social Media Screenshots
-Sleuthing Friends and Family
-Direct accusation and connection to other cases

While the suspect in this case has led to many of us scratching our head, we still need to keep conversation within the TOS and Rules. The last thing we want is for the thread to get shut down or to issue individual thread bans in an effort to protect the quality standards here at WS.

Thanks,
Tiff

Bringing forward the links and note provided by @Sillybilly yesterday:

As per TOS / The Rules, Etiquette & Information, we require links to ALL images and to information that is being stated as fact.

Please read the Social Media Rules found here and post accordingly or your post may be removed, along with all responses.

We do not have time to be constantly posting to remind members what they can and can not do. Everyone is responsible for knowing those rules and following them.

If you do not understand the rules, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Sorry to sound short but dang, we are exceptionally busy here behind the curtain.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

This thread has been pretty much taken over by discussion of the Delphi case. We know it's hard because everyone is so enthusiastic about seeing this dude go down for everything under the sun, but can we please try to keep Delphi related convo over in the the Delphi thread dedicated to Abby and Libby's case.

We don't want this little victim's case totally overshadowed. She deserves her own justice separate and apart from other cases.

Try your best !!

Thanks.

Hi @Sillybilly ~

Would it be a better alternative to discuss Chadwell on Libby &Abby's thread?
Or is the potential connection meant to stay on Chadwell's threads?
Just for clarification.
The 9 year old and her family are in my thoughts daily..

If it relates to Chadwell as a POI in the Delphi case, it should be in the Delphi thread.

If it relates to Chadwell as the accused in this Lafayette case, it should be in this thread.

We know there'll be some crossover, but we are just trying to minimize it so this entire thread doesn't turn into an entire Delphi discussion.

Does anyone know if Chadwell had access to a canoe or kayak? Are there any private launches or ramps along
the Wabash or Tippecanoe Rivers? Maybe somewhere near West Lafayette? We sure could use a local member. Locals are fabulous resources like no other.

I just realized mag had already posted this:
July 10, 2018
3 Kayaks
Sundolphin 10’ fisherman’s kayak
(Took them in on trade for a truck, but only need two,
$150 pickup only, will deliver for gas money)

Does anyone know if Chadwell had access to a canoe or kayak? Are there any private launches or ramps along
the Wabash or Tippecanoe Rivers? Maybe somewhere near West Lafayette? We sure could use a local member. Locals are fabulous resources like no other.
Per his FB he had 3 plastic kayaks. Certain areas you wouldn't need to "launch" with a dock or anything. Probably just carry one down the embankment and put it in the water.

Per his FB he had 3 plastic kayaks. Certain areas you wouldn't need to "launch" with a dock or anything. Probably just carry one down the embankment and put it in the water.
Think they’re small enough to hide in a large tree?

Eta: I’m curious how members think Chadwell might have been able to get away if he was somehow able to escape his house with this young girl?

Last edited:
Kayak References:
July 10, 2018
3 Kayaks

June 27, 2019
Kayak Fishing on the Lake (what lake is this?)
Brown (with white) Kayak (material)
2 fishing poles (describe)
Dark green metal rusty tacklebox
Black shoes with foot (not ankle) straps (leather?/suede?)buckle style, rubber toes (water shoes? boat shoes? Swim shoes? Aqua socks? ETC.

I wonder what all he has in his “tackle box”.

So, looking at the first Kayak reference for July 18, 2018 in the context of the timeline notes, it appears this was 4 days before he posted the injury pics, and 8 days before posting the bullet pic:
July 10, 2018
3 Kayaks

July 14, 2018

Photo of injury/wound
Circle around wound, additional red markings on other side
Brian Chadwell

Injury - Wound, belt, jeans
Brian Chadwell

July 18, 2018
Bullet/slug
Facebook

Injuries
1. Brian Chadwell
2. Brian Chadwell

*I wonder if he might use fishing line for a ligature.
*Noting also to pull up list of fisherman’s tools for reference.

Last edited:
Here's a map of JBCII's known addresses, towns he is associated with, and, high profile crimes that have been mentioned on these threads. James Brian Chadwell II - Google My Maps

Please reach out to me with corrections or info to be added. This is an ongoing/work in progress.
That is uncanny. Thanks for creating a visual.

I have another FB photo question. The third one currently on his page dated April 18 with the two dogs on the floor. Facebook

What is that hairy looking thing on the chair?
Is that a vent/crawl space with the top off behind the welding box/next to the chair?
Looks like a wig on the chair. I can’t tell about the vent.

Attachments

• 37DACD0B-60D3-4F56-B760-35548E028B85.jpeg
    37DACD0B-60D3-4F56-B760-35548E028B85.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 7
April 5, 2017-May 28, 2017

(not exhaustive)

April 5, 2017
Work/Job

* Started first day of new job at Jason Wood Excavating, LLC in Peru, Indiana

Source:
April 7, 2017
*Photo of shredded paper mess Outlaw (dog) made in living room
*JBC says he was gone all day & started first day of new job at Jason Wood Excavating
Brian Chadwell

https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...ing_llc.bffaee8c7ca0ade8b973d845446a3cff.html

Facebook: Jason Wood Excavating, LLC

Industry
Site Preparation Contractors | Specialty Contractors | Excavation work

March 10, 2017
Inside Red Vehicle
Brian Chadwell

May 28, 2017
Fire pit with cement blocks, dog
(blue bag on ground next to left of fire pit?)
Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Think they’re small enough to hide in a large tree?

Eta: I’m curious how members think Chadwell might have been able to get away if he was somehow able to escape his house with this young girl?
First thing pops into my head, with a block party going on, people all around...call an accomplice. AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks