Found Deceased Canada - Trina Hunt, 48, Port Moody, BC, 18 Jan 2021

Foul play suspected after human remains identified as missing B.C. woman
''The remains were found in the area south of Silver Creek in Hope and the circumstances were deemed suspicious.''

“The missing person investigation of Trina Hunt has now transitioned into a case of homicide,” Sgt. Frank Jang says in the statement.

“As this is an active and ongoing investigation, there will be no further details provided at this time.”

For some reason foul play is too often not suspected until well after the fact. The same thing was said in Winnipeg when Thelma Krull disappeared and her glasses were found broken. Police said she might have had some kind of "medical incident''. Yeah right. She had a medical incident, broke her glasses and disappeared. How logical is that? I must admit I don't understand police who assume a woman committed suicide or ran away when she has no history of depression, mental illness, addiction, impulsive actions or strange behaviours. It's like they're asking us not to use our common sense and not suspect foul play until remains are found. I feel profilers with some background in psychology should be used for missing persons cases, just as they are sometimes when pursuing a murderer.

Last edited:
Was there snow on the ground in the area where she was found at the time she went missing (mid-January)? What are the chances that she wasn't found buried but perhaps wrapped in something? Is there wildlife around the area that could have disturbed the remains? If she was wearing the clothes/shoes she was reported to be missing in, wouldn't there have been an earlier indication that it was probably her? If this was an accidental death, would the deceased be expected to wear winter clothing?

Port Moody's Trina Hunt found dead, murder suspected - Alaska Highway News

The pivot to a murder investigation comes on the heels of months of searching during which police regularly assured the public no foul play was suspected. At one point, the Port Moody Police Department said it referred the case to the IHIT, only to be turned down because, without suspected foul play, the case didn't meet the homicide unit's mandate.

The pivot to a murder investigation comes on the heels of months of searching during which police regularly assured the public no foul play was suspected. At one point, the Port Moody Police Department said it referred the case to the IHIT, only to be turned down because, without suspected foul play, the case didn't meet the homicide unit's mandate.
. IHIT really messed up on this one .a while ago people in the snake pit were trying to say there may be a serial killer so many in the fraser valley but police say nope no nothing to connect her to women missing around chilliwack but now with her being found around hope I dunno . I'm glad trinas family gets closure hopefully it's not to late for IHIT to find the answers in her death. Jmooo

I think something was happening behind the scenes all along. It wouldn’t surprise me if an arrest will be announced soon, hope not to be wrong.

BBM
“On April 19, three months after Hunt’s disappearance, Port Moody police told Global News the investigation remained very active, with no new updates to report.”
Police confirm death of missing Port Moody woman Trina Hunt, foul play suspected

I think something was happening behind the scenes all along. It wouldn’t surprise me if an arrest will be announced soon, hope not to be wrong.

BBM
“On April 19, three months after Hunt’s disappearance, Port Moody police told Global News the investigation remained very active, with no new updates to report.”
Police confirm death of missing Port Moody woman Trina Hunt, foul play suspected

Totally agree, @MistyWaters. I'm pretty sure we all know who the suspect is. :(

They always say that. It's one of those phrases that LE learns on day 1 of PR class.
I'm jaded, I know.

They often publicly say “no foul play suspected” even though they’re investigating a suspicious disappearance as well.

It struck me as unusual that the initial official search around Port Moody was called off so quickly only after 3 days. Then an unidentified body found on March 29th near Hope appears to have been withheld from the media, that’s unusual too. Also no word on who found her, ie hikers, a property owner, or...LE?

They often publicly say “no foul play suspected” even though they’re investigating a suspicious disappearance as well.

It struck me as unusual that the initial official search around Port Moody was called off so quickly only after 3 days. Then an unidentified body found on March 29th near Hope appears to have been withheld from the media, that’s unusual too. Also no word on who found her, ie hikers, a property owner, or...LE?
Would it be possible to establish through surveillance cameras in the area that she didn't leave home that Monday morning?

I remember reading somewhere that a hiker found the remains. There was a news article about the find at the time.

Mar 30 article below only states that police were called when "someone" found the remains:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/human-remains-hope-bc-suspicious-1.5969869

Last edited:
Would it be possible to establish through surveillance cameras in the area that she didn't leave home that Monday morning?

I remember reading that a hiker found the remains. There was a news article about the find at the time.

I’m wondered if neighbouring CCTV and highway cams led LE to different possibilities early on as well.

Thank you, I hadn’t noticed it reported that a hiker had found the remains. Through the winter months natural decomposition would substantially decrease so I’d be curious why it would take such an usually long time for identification. That’s another reason I believe LE isn’t reporting to the media everything going on behind the scenes.

Not sure why I couldn’t find this until now, original March 30th report of unidentified remains found at Hope. Of note, that the remains appear to be of a female is not mentioned. Not sure what what I’ve bolded infers either....an anonymous tip???

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/human-remains-hope-bc-suspicious-1.5969869
“Human remains discovered near the town of Hope, B.C., have led to the opening of a police investigation and an appeal to the public for information.

In a statement Tuesday, the RCMP's Integrated Homicide Investigation Team said the circumstances surrounding the discovery in the area south of Silver Creek have been deemed suspicious, and police are reaching out to anyone who might know something.....”

Last edited:
The article I linked states that somebody discovered the remains at 10am on a Monday and called the police. IMO an anonymous tip would deploy a search team to the area and it could take a while for the remains to be located.

Possibly. Very little information was released. “In the area south of Silver Creek” is very vague as opposed to more specifics for example...a forested area, in a ditch, or in an abandoned building, etc.

The driving distance is approximately 1 1/2 hours east on the Trans Canada highway.

View attachment 295714
Wait, she was found almost two hours away? That's crazy. I thought she went for a walk. I guess she was either abducted or she was killed near her home and somebody went to great lengths to make it look like she had been elsewhere. I just think if you were gonna invest 3-4 hours to get rid of a body, you would put it in a place it would never be found.

Wait, she was found almost two hours away? That's crazy. I thought she went for a walk. I guess she was either abducted or she was killed near her home and somebody went to great lengths to make it look like she had been elsewhere. I just think if you were gonna invest 3-4 hours to get rid of a body, you would put it in a place it would never be found.

Even on the way from Port Moody to Hope there’d definitely be many closer locations where the probability would be very low that she’d ever be found.

I’m still perplexed at the “circumstances surrounding the discovery....have been deemed suspicious”. Typically LE would state a death as suspicious if foul play was suspected. The “circumstances surrounding the discovery” refers to something different, some aspect pertaining to the way in which the unidentified body was discovered. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back