IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really great song and spot on message IMO

RE the video and song Lowlifes liked by the perp:

I agree good song on the state of the world, but I suspect he found the child in undergarments apparently trapped in a room that is dim and sparse imagery more captivating than the substance of the lyrics. Although maybe this video is what made him consider taking a neighbor's child. The song is all about how we don't know our neighbors and we all hide behind keyboards right fighting. Maybe to him the video suggested he could take a neighbor child and get away with it.

I am pretty sure this is the school that KG transferred to to study forensics!

Does anyone have more details on the science camp/classes Libby was taking at Purdue? I remember an interview with her grandmother indicating she took classes there or attended science camp but am having a hard time locating the source.

Edited to add this was definitely Libby not Kelsey. The classes/camp was specifically for middle school or jr high aged kids. Kelsey is studying at Purdue now.

I agree good song on the state of the world, but I suspect he found the child in undergarments apparently trapped in a room that is dim and sparse imagery more captivating than the substance of the lyrics. Although maybe this video is what made him consider taking a neighbor's child. The song is all about how we don't know our neighbors and we all hide behind keyboards right fighting. Maybe to him the video suggested he could take a neighbor child and get away with it.
Yes, I am 99.99% sure he liked that video because of the young teen in her underwear. I don't care what the message is, that's what he was watching.

jmo

Reaching out to any locals that may have some insight please.

Is there any LE activity at JBC’s rented house? Is it taped off? Is LE guarding the house? Is it padlocked?

Any activity at all in the house, LE or otherwise?

TIA. :)

I am curious about his address in Rapid City and possible remaining ties to the area... as Serenity Dennard was also 9 when she disappeared from Pennington county 2 years ago and just hearing he'd lived there before made my hair stand on end.

I looked into that too, he had a check in in California two days after she went missing.

ETA: JBC seems like an impulsive predator, if he comes across a child that’s alone he takes advantage. Like the neighbor child, if Libby & Abby are his victims it seems like he just took advantage of them being alone.

Last edited:

I was so hoping one of y’all would catch that. Thank you. It gave me chills when the word neighbor was playing it was always showing the girl. It scares me to think he has done this before and got away with it every time but this time. I pray for our little nine year old Indiana girl. I pray for her spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally as she will need to walk on paths that children should never trod.

I am curious about his address in Rapid City and possible remaining ties to the area... as Serenity Dennard was also 9 when she disappeared from Pennington county 2 years ago and just hearing he'd lived there before made my hair stand on end.

Thanks for the post.

According to this article (BBM)

“The most extensive investigation in western South Dakota and one of the most exhaustive searches in state history have failed to determine what happened to 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, who disappeared on Feb. 3, 2019.”

“Hartland and Sheriff Kevin Thom say it is highly unlikely that Serenity was taken by a stranger or someone driving by.

They base that view on the short period of time Serenity was out of sight; the fact that she was walking in snow boots on a rural stretch of a road trafficked almost exclusively by locals during winter; and the fact that it was late morning on a chilly Super Bowl Sunday.

“I can’t even begin to calculate the odds that someone who would be willing to violently abduct a child happened by on a rural western South Dakota road within the few minutes they had to do that and successfully abducted her,” Hartland said.”

[...]

“Serenity’s adoptive father, Chad Dennard, said Serenity had become adept at planning and executing runaway attempts, but also seemed to enjoy watching people search for her. Dennard said his theory is that the girl stayed just ahead of searchers and got lost before succumbing to the freezing temperatures and snowfall that arrived the evening of her running away.

“As far as what I think happened, it changes every day,” Dennard said. “But I think she’s out there; I truly don’t think somebody picked her up. I think she liked to run and she wouldn’t run very far, but she liked to see people looking for her. I think she watched people look for her and I think she went too far and got lost. That’s just Serenity, and she had done that before.””

SERENITY STILL MISSING: One year later, S.D. girl's fate unknown despite extensive search and investigation | South Dakota News Watch
Jan 29, 2020

WS:
ACTIVE SEARCH - SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

Last edited:
@margarita25

Guys, can we please add the following on to the official list of incarceration info. I think it's very important.

Inmyhumbleopinion posted it on the first thread.

It's a document for SD parole board hearings for the month of February 2015. It very clearly shows he was denied parole. Which means he was still in prison in SD in 2015, doesn't it? (Page 8) Says he must continue until expiration (of sentence?)

https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsFebruary2015.pdf

That would seem to indicate he was not out and about in 2014, or much of 2015.

@margarita25

Guys, can we please add the following on to the official list of incarceration info. I think it's very important.

It's a document for SD parole board hearings for the month of February 2015. It very clearly shows he was denied parole. Which means he was still in prison in SD in 2015, doesn't it? (Page 8) Says he must continue until expiration (of sentence?)

https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsFebruary2015.pdf

Thank you for bringing this forward, ZoriahNZ! (Ladies and Gentleman, all the way from New Zealand!) Truly a global and collaborative effort here. :)

I actually bagged and tagged it last Tuesday - You are right, this is very important. I will be working more data, such as this, into the timelines, etc., as time allows, right now I’m still bagging and tagging.:rolleyes:

Please continue to feel free to tag me on anything for the media thread (work in progress, I’m only still only as far as page 10 of discussion thread 1 backing stuff up)

(Qmfr)

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
I bagged and tagged it last Tuesday. :) Thank you for bringing forward, Zoriah! (Ladies and Gentleman, all the way from New Zealand!) Truly a global and collaborative effort here. :) I will be working more data into the timelines, etc., as time allows, right now I’m still bagging and tagging.:rolleyes:

(Qmfr)

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

What changed though from Next Review 1 Jan 50? Is that just a dummy date?

@margarita25

It was granted at the Oct 9, 2015 hearing:
https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf

ETA: as a side note, he had previously been paroled before this point at one time. I would need to go back and look for the years.

It was granted at the Oct 9, 2015 hearing:
https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf

ETA: as a side note, he had previously been paroled before this point at one time. I would need to go back and look for the years.
While I’ve got ya on the line, did we ever figure out why some of us see conflicting dates on FB by a whole day? (Tia, sorry if already answered, I’m still back in thread 1.)

Eta/FTR, @Tiff23fr and I cross checked our time zones -this doesn’t appear to be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member