UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that there's not a more detailed description of the man in a black BMW who wanted to swap *advertiser censored* for a dog. They suggest he could be in his 60s.
No mention of accent, hair colouring etc. Why the lack of detail?

If anyone else reports the same man in a bmw they will be able to ask them to describe him to see if the details match the other descriptions.

If anyone else reports the same man in a bmw they will be able to ask them to describe him to see if the details match the other descriptions.

That's a bit of an unusual approach to suppress witness descriptions isn't it? Usually they would be published to alert the public, especially if it could be a dangerous person - and from what I've read of this man/men in the van/BMW it does sound like they might be.

Mod Note:
There have been several posts removed over the last two days that imply stereotyping of certain groups of individuals. Unless LE provides something to point in that direction, to a specific group, let it go.

Thanks,
Tiff

I wonder if the killer knew that JJ was dead? could such a person hang around for long enough to find out? this would add to the other apparent risks (time, witnesses etc).

There could have been more than one killer.

If a bicycle was used, it would be very obvious unless the bridleway was regularly used by cyclists, and if it was a rough track it could be mostly enthusiasts dressed for the sport? so everyday clothing and type of bicycle would be noticed?
There is also the possibility of tyre tracks being found, and who would risk the possibility of a puncture?

It occurs to me that if you start to bludgeon someone over the head in a regularly used public place, you need to stop very quickly in case someone happens along (cyclists included as they can appear very quickly) so, depending on your intention, I think you would either hit them gently and carefully to frighten them, then run, leaving them able to identify you, or put all your strength into ensuring that the minimum time and blows would kill them, and to do the latter, what experience would you be calling on?

I have been quietly lurking on this thread since hearing about it on the news. My gut feeling is this was personal rather than random . Was it a DV victims partner with a grudge ?
I don't live in Kent and don't know the area but in my area of the UK we have had a lot of dog knapping from gardens , while people are walking their dog's etc but I don't believe this is what happened on this occasion.

Very puzzling indeed. I wish we had abit more snippets of information...anything really. Every detail could be crucial. I hope Police have more info to help them determine solid lines of inquiry to pursue at least...

Indeed, no mention of i-phone that I have read? if she had one with her, is there any activity after the last siting of her heading for the woods?

(Separately, every time I post my space appears in the thread twice, once as blank and again with the post, but I'm posting in the same way as usual, the blank just appears from nowhere)

I have been quietly lurking on this thread since hearing about it on the news. My gut feeling is this was personal rather than random . Was it a DV victims partner with a grudge ?
I don't live in Kent and don't know the area but in my area of the UK we have had a lot of dog knapping from gardens , while people are walking their dog's etc but I don't believe this is what happened on this occasion.
Considering JJ’s background with DV victims, I’ve had the same feeling about this. Either that, or potentially a local opportunistic lunatic (think Michael Stone and the Chillenden murders).

Its stated a group of people found her . I'd like to know what this group of people were all doing there. who were they.

They only said 'multiple' people in the presser. They didn't clarify if that was people in a single group or maybe two separate people who were out walking at the same time.

The way it was said that it was useful that there were multiple people to find the body made me think it was at least two separate individuals/couples or something like that.

Its stated a group of people found her . I'd like to know what this group of people were all doing there. who were they.
Possibly a group of ramblers (rural walkers) or cyclists. Even horse riders wouldn't be uncommon around there. Or maybe a passing car stopped to help them too? A mixture maybe.

If the multiple people criss-crossed from a couple of directions, that could possibly help narrow down the suspect’s direction.

That's what I figured for a reason why it was useful to have multiple people making the discovery. It at least gives a wider field of view for where there *wasn't* anyone to help narrow down timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752