GUILTY VA - Noah Gabriel Trout, 2, found alive, nursery at Riverview Baptist Church, Giles Co., 2 May 2021

Video of her arrest

(UPDATE 4:59 p.m. Monday)

GILES COUNTY, Va. - Authorities have arrested the woman they believe kidnapped a Giles County 2-year-old boy from a church nursery on Sunday morning.

Giles County Morgan Millirons announced on Monday afternoon that 44-year-old Nancy Renee Fridley, of Clifton Forge, has been arrested and charged with one count of abduction and one count of felony child endangerment.

Alleghany County woman arrested, charged with abducting 2-year-old Giles County boy

Last edited:
are we sure that is her?
If it is...BOY there is an ironic thing posted on the profile.

Speaking of SM, I know we can't pull that stuff over here (and if my above comment isn't okay, please tell me!) - but what about posts from a newspaper's FB page? The Alleghany Journal has posted a couple things about the case but I wanted to ask before saying anything about what's on there?

Agreed. I can't imagine what the caregiver who let him go is/was feeling - especially if it is an older child (teen) who was tasked with that responsibility - as I have seen done at some churches. Our church now requires background checks and two adults, one of whom is a professional, not just a volunteer. It's a very big responsibility and has not always been treated as such historically.
I suspect this church is tiny and I think it's highly likely a teen was keeping the nursery. They probably didn't think anything like this would ever happen, and they've learned the hard way.

So she had all that hair inside the beanie hat!!! IMO

Hmmmm. Does anyone else think the picture of them leaving the church doesn't match up with the picture of the woman they arrested?

ETA: I thought her FB said she lived with others and it doesn't. But there are a couple of pictures of her with a man with gray hair.

RE: KIDNAPPING FROM CHURCH CAMPUS

(Issued on May 3, 2021)

The last twenty-four hours have been a nightmare for our entire church family. It is now that we can rejoice that the child that was kidnapped from our campus yesterday has been safely returned to his parents. We commend law enforcement for their excellent work, and we praise God for answering our prayers.

Riverview Baptist Church values the safety and protection of every child. As a matter of policy, we fully cooperated with law enforcement. We are immediately examining ways to make our campus and facilities even more safe and secure for families wishing to come worship with us. We hope that this criminal act on our campus allows other churches to evaluate their own childcare safety procedures…
Statement on the Kidnapping of Noah Trout

Hmmmm. Does anyone else think the picture of them leaving the church doesn't match up with the picture of the woman they arrested?

ETA: I thought her FB said she lived with others and it doesn't. But there are a couple of pictures of her with a man with gray hair.
FWIW, I think it looks like the same person.

jmo

I suspect this church is tiny and I think it's highly likely a teen was keeping the nursery. They probably didn't think anything like this would ever happen, and they've learned the hard way.

It's possible, but even small churches have to show their insurance providers their Child Protection Policy, have annual training for everyone who works with children, and have vulnerable sectors checks for all who work with kids. I haven't seen an insurance provider who does not require these things.

Is there a connection between this crazy woman and the child and his family?

Did this woman go to several churches until she found one that had lax security at their nursery?

Years ago, I used to volunteer in our church childcare on Sunday mornings. I liked it better than sitting through the sermon. :p

We had a sign in sheet, and we kept the toddlers in a large playroom, and the elementary aged kids in a smaller classroom attached to it.

But many of the kids would get bored or antsy, if we didnt have an exciting art project or storybook to read---and they would want to go back to the church to their parent's---and I was often going in and out, chaperoning kids to and fro.

To be honest, I think a motivated and assertive kidnapper may have had luck in our church daycare if they had tried.:eek:....There were many times that Mom would sign the toddler in, and Dad or Grandma would come for pick up....I knew most of the families, but what if it was a family I didnt know? Would I have been fooled by a grandmotherly kidnapper if the child was willing to go with her?

P.S---I had to have a fingerprint background check and a tuberculosis test to be able to work in the Sunday school. But I don't remember having any kind of childcare training.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23