Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

(Omggggg, sorry (embarrassed), I’m obviously crosseyed from 24/7 on the James Chadwell and Delphi threads. Disregard, sorry about that, DUH! Crawling back into lurk mode).)
Don't worry, always good to have a recap even on the little details. They sometimes get lost.
So, yes, Erica has a big black shiny new car, which is what made me think this maybe a carjacking and murder.....

(Omggggg, sorry (embarrassed), I’m obviously crosseyed from 24/7 on the James Chadwell and Delphi threads. Disregard, sorry about that, DUH (crawling back into lurk mode).)
NOOOOO don’t go anywhere! We need you here! I had to go back to look what year and just got lucky that it was in the 1st post! :)

Alright, I’ve cross-sourced all your posts for reference to help get the Media Thread started.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, excellent work so far, as usual. Some heavy hitters in here. :)

TX - TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021***MAPS, MEDIA, TIMELINES ***NO DISCUSSION***

(*Dear Moderator, can you please add the above link to the opening post when you get a chance? Thank you very much in advance.)

Family and volunteers to drop banner over Hwy 59 for missing mom
May 3, 2021 8:26am

*videos at link

“HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Electronic billboards are expected to go up across the state starting Monday in the missing person case of Houston mom Erica Hernandez.

Hernandez's family and friends have also planned a banner drop on the bridges off the Southwest Freeway between Dunlavy and Holcombe. Those wishing to join the banner effort should meet at the Will Weber Baseball Field at 4648 Dunlavy at 4 p.m.”

[...]

“Anyone with information on Erica's whereabouts or her vehicle is asked to HPD Missing Persons Unit at 832-394-1840 or Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500.

Her family is still raising money to continue search efforts through this page.

Family and friends are also providing search updates on the Let's Find Erica Hernandez Facebook page.”

Last edited:
Erica Hernandez missing: Search continues for mother in Houston | khou.com

May 3
Investigators said they first started the search for Hernandez in Fort Bend County after receiving a tip, but that search returned no results.

Police and several volunteers searched near Hernandez's neighborhood for clues but nothing was found there, either.

Texas EquuSearch said they’ve even searched in wooded areas, along creeks and banks.

Also searching for Hernandez is the FBI.

OMG it is so weird that at first they said she was seen by someone she KNOWS late at night at that intersection. That was throwing me off too. Walgreens surveillance video makes way more sense, but why the misinformation? Just mistaken or deliberate? And why is the FBI involved? It’s hard enough to get even local LE to really investigate a missing adult. It’s an interesting one for sure.

Sorry to randomly jump in before I'm finished reading the thread, but to me this implies she was with someone she knows in the car on the surveillance footage. I got the feeling that perhaps the other person(s) have not identified themselves... I could be way off though

I keep sticking on the texting en-route. I never text and drive. I avoid texting people when I know they are driving because too many people I know are distracted by the texts, even if they aren't replying. Therefore, I find it odd that the friend hadn't asked, in advance, to text when she arrived safely. Next, if not that, wouldn't she had asked her when she was 5 minutes out? Then again, I just detest my phone, in general.

I keep sticking on the texting en-route. I never text and drive. I avoid texting people when I know they are driving because too many people I know are distracted by the texts, even if they aren't replying. Therefore, I find it odd that the friend hadn't asked, in advance, to text when she arrived safely. Next, if not that, wouldn't she had asked her when she was 5 minutes out? Then again, I just detest my phone, in general.
Maybe the friend has asked EH in advance to text her when she arrived home, she thought the time elapsed should have been more than enough to get there, so she asked if EH was home already. We just don’t know.
In that case I would have done the same. Sometimes people just forget to let you know they are already home.

I hope EH will be found safe and soon.

Maybe the friend has asked EH in advance to text her when she arrived home, she thought the time elapsed should have been more than enough to get there, so she asked if EH was home already. We just don’t know.
In that case I would have done the same. Sometimes people just forget to let you know they are already home.

I hope EH will be found safe and soon.

Video shows missing mother of 3 outside sister-in-law’s house night before disappearance

This article posted at the beginning of EH’s disappearance made me think the two exchanged texts multiple times.
Maggie was texting Erica during her drive home to make sure she made it home safe,” Eliva said. “At 3:04 a.m., Maggie texted Erica asking if she made it home yet. Erica replied that she was five mins away.”

And the statement made on the Find EH Facebook page also.
“They text back n forth on Erica's way home.”

But I may be misinterpreting it.:confused:

Sorry to randomly jump in before I'm finished reading the thread, but to me this implies she was with someone she knows in the car on the surveillance footage. I got the feeling that perhaps the other person(s) have not identified themselves... I could be way off though
That’s possible. There’s got to be way more to this whole story. Well we do know they’re purposely holding back information so there’s definitely more!

Video shows missing mother of 3 outside sister-in-law’s house night before disappearance

This article posted at the beginning of EH’s disappearance made me think the two exchanged texts multiple times.
Maggie was texting Erica during her drive home to make sure she made it home safe,” Eliva said. “At 3:04 a.m., Maggie texted Erica asking if she made it home yet. Erica replied that she was five mins away.”

A car that fancy probably has bluetooth texting features. She can respond by talking (voice to text). Let's hope anyway.

Whether Erica was seen on cameras driving her car (or it was someone else driving it) may be the information that is being purposefully withheld.
That, and who the phone number she called belongs to.

Two weeks is too long to go with such minimal information being given out, and because of that, I think LE may have a lead, but have to play their cards close to their chest. They won't want to jeopardise anything.

maybe it was her car, but the driver wasnt visible.

If the friend texted at 3:04 and EH said not yet and the friend texted again little later to ask the same again, that’s already constitutes texting “back and fort on the way home” in my book. It doesn’t necessarily means they did it before those messages. However, that’s also stays a possibility as I wasn’t there and don’t know the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back