UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this is what I keep coming back to. If multiple people found Julia, and they weren’t a group but random walkers coming across her by chance, again this goes back to such a small window of opportunity.

Obviously these people (the “finders”) were wandering around the area, and if they had been there seconds or minutes earlier they would have seen something. It takes brass neck to murder someone in broad daylight in an area full of people.

See, this is what I keep coming back to. If multiple people found Julia, and they weren’t a group but random walkers coming across her by chance, again this goes back to such a small window of opportunity.

Obviously these people (the “finders”) were wandering around the area, and if they had been there seconds or minutes earlier they would have seen something. It takes brass neck to murder someone in Brad daylight in an area full of people.

Yes very small window of opportunity. In my opinion the attacker took Julia by surprise perhaps laying in wait and pouncing from behind a bush....because if there was any interaction prior and a fight ensued then the passersby might have heard voices or screams. They might have had a very near miss with the attacker.

Obviously these people (the “finders”) were wandering around the area, and if they had been there seconds or minutes earlier they would have seen something. It takes brass neck to murder someone in broad daylight in an area full of people.
Isn't 4pm around the time high school kids would be returning home? I'm wondering if she was found by kids?

Isn't 4pm around the time high school kids would be returning home? I'm wondering if she was found by kids?
It’s around the same time - on the same day of the week - as the Russells were attacked a couple of miles away. In both attacks the victims were beaten to death with a blunt object. In both incidents the victims were walking dogs in woodland.

The two crimes may of course not be linked - we may find out later today that somebody known to Julia James has been arrested for her murder. But given the flimsiness of Michael Stone’s conviction for the Russell murders, I would hope the police are open-minded about the two cases being linked.

It’s around the same time - on the same day of the week - as the Russells were attacked a couple of miles away. In both attacks the victims were beaten to death with a blunt object. In both incidents the victims were walking dogs in woodland.

The two crimes may of course not be linked - we may find out later today that somebody known to Julia James has been arrested for her murder. But given the flimsiness of Michael Stone’s conviction for the Russell murders, I would hope the police are open-minded about the two cases being linked.
Yes you are totally right. This case could go either way. And isnt it abit unusual to have two so similar attacks very very close in terms of location. I know alot of time has passed between them but still..

The pathway by the woods where Julia was murdered doesn't appear to be an obvious route home for school kids, it strays away from the road leading to local housing, and only leads to more fields. I would suggest it was either dog walkers or people out for a walk, or people drawn from local houses situated close to the field because they heard something.

The pathway by the woods where Julia was murdered doesn't appear to be an obvious route home for school kids, it strays away from the road leading to local housing, and only leads to more fields. I would suggest it was either dog walkers or people out for a walk, or people drawn from local houses situated close to the field because they heard something.

It could be anyone really and we won't know unless LE/MSM release something, but personally I wouldn't rule secondary school kids out. A kind of liminal area that abuts both the residential zone and woodland/downland/rural land strikes me as exactly the kind of place where teenagers would hang out after to school to smoke, or whatever kids do these days in the teeny tiny bit of unstructured time they get between the end of the school day and the time parents get in from work. But I don't know the area and could be wrong. I'm just going on what teenagers in my area seem to do. A pretty gruesome experience whoever it was who found her, but especially if it was kids. :(

Yes you are totally right. This case could go either way. And isnt it abit unusual to have two so similar attacks very very close in terms of location. I know alot of time has passed between them but still..
It really hits home how close these two attacks were when you look at the two locations on a map. You could drive from one to the other in less than 10 minutes. Both locations are off the beaten track too, implying local knowledge. It just seems like an extraordinary coincidence for two horrific crimes with so many similarities to be committed in the same tiny area of rural Kent.

Who found the Russell family?

Who found the Russell family?

Two police offers out searching, approx 8 hours later when it was dark - 12:30am. They had found a piece of clothing earlier on a nearby footpath so stepped up their search of that area and found them.

They initially thought all 3 victims were dead and called for the police surgeon. An hour later they spotted Josie had moved slightly and rushed her to hospital.

As well as the Russell murders, there is also some other unsolved cases (I believe they are still unsolved) involving dog walkers & woodland :

Kate Bushell, Lyn Bryant, Helen Fleet, Julia Webb.

There’s also Billie-Jo Jenkins, a slightly different case but still unsolved I believe.

The entrance from Aylesham Road to the field via the path where Julia was found actually has a dropped kerb for some reason. It looks too narrow for vehicles so it makes me think it is for bikes --> Google Maps
The killer may have parked along the main road and walked along the track to kill. The inhabitants of the red brick house on the corner may have seen something.

As well as the Russell murders, there is also some other unsolved cases (I believe they are still unsolved) involving dog walkers & woodland :

Kate Bushell, Lyn Bryant, Helen Fleet, Julia Webb.

There’s also Billie-Jo Jenkins, a slightly different case but still unsolved I believe.
The barrister for Michael Stone wants the police to interview the 5 suspects for the Russell murders

To repeatedly bash someone over the head until they die, you have to really mean it. The perpetrator had to want this woman dead.

This wasn't a quick stabbing, maybe she might die, maybe she won't.

This wasn't knocking her out with a quick punch and then running away.

This was pure cold-blooded intended murder. Bashing her on the head, with a heavy blunt object, repeatedly.

What possible motive could there be?

Even with a motive, the person who did this is a psychopath, no two ways about it.

Murdered PCSO cops stopping cars as they vow to 'leave no stone unturned'

Officers will also observe a minute's silence at 2.30pm today in honour of the PCSO, who had worked for Kent Police for 15 years.

Just wondering why the police chose to have a minutes silence at 2:30pm rather than the time she was found. Could the time of her walk be earlier than previously thought and this is the time she probably died.

Last edited:

Officers will also observe a minute's silence at 2.30pm today in honour of the PCSO, who had worked for Kent Police for 15 years.

Just wondering why the police chose to have a minutes silence at 2:30pm rather than the time she was found. Could the time of her walk be earlier than previously thought and this is the time she probably died.

Good spot. A subtle message to the perp(s), perhaps?

It could just be to do with shift patterns tbh. They vary from force to force, but if the local norm is that earlies end at 3pm and lates start at 2pm, for instance, it may just be that that's the best time to maximise participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong