CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Ok, so far I have found 2 pics, that although too blury to zoom in, might be able to show if Elaine's car was there on the 29th. I will try to contact the people to see if they have other photos or a better quality pic of the original photo.

Update: One of the people took a high quality drone video on the 27th at the location where the car was found. Hopefully he or people he was with might still have photos from the 27th-29th that could lead to a breakthrough !
Wow well done you
And welcome too
Can I ask though- what is web scraping?

Wow well done you
And welcome too
Can I ask though- what is web scraping?

Thanks! Web scraping is the collection of large amounts of data from the internet by using code. Such as getting all pictures on Instagram that used a hashtag during a specified time range or collecting the results of a Google search for 5 pages.

I think the key to solve this case is in the CCTV footage from her boyfriend's house. That is long gone though. I feel terrible for her poor mother.

I'm sure there would be plenty of cameras around Calabasas through Malibu though. I sure hope LE checked all of those when she was reported missing.

View attachment 290907

This photo is from 1/29/17. I am bad with cars... do you guys think this could be Elaine's car? I think it is the location where the car was found. (I circled the car that might be hers in red)

Looks like it could definitely be a grey 2015 Civic! Too bad can't read the plate.

Even the proximity of the rear tire to the edge of the pavement seems to match. https://thelocalmalibu.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/elaine-park-car-768x839.jpg

Looks like it could definitely be a grey 2015 Civic! Too bad can't read the plate.

Even the proximity of the rear tire to the edge of the pavement seems to match. https://thelocalmalibu.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/elaine-park-car-768x839.jpg

What's cool is that this pic uses a filter and if the original can be obtained (I have contacted the person who posted it & submitted a tip about the pic and him to Elaine's website-- he is the person who also took high quality drone videos on the 27th), I think it might be of higher quality where maybe a letter or 2 on the plate could be read.

Update: the tips email for Elaine replied saying they think it might be the car as well. In that case, Elaine's car will be confirmed as having been there since the 29th. I hate to say this, but if the suicide theory were to be correct, could there be any possible clues in pictures from the 28th or days after that I should look out for?

Hello all, I am requesting help.

I found this periscope video which is almost 40 mins long of somebody driving down to PCH on Jan 28th. If anybody has the time to go slow through it and look for Elaine's car, it would be super helpful!

<modsnip: Please do not post names of innocent people who have no connection to the case>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Websleuths does not condone members contacting family members>

There is SO MUCH media online from Malibu during the day she went missing that it's heartbreaking to me that nobody tried to look this up when her car was found (it is much easier to collect data a week or 2 after it was posted compared to years later).

If anybody wants to look through the pics/vids that I've found that are near where her car was found and sometimes seem to JUST miss picturing it, I have made a (messy) google sheets of what I have collected thus far.

ELAINE PARK

I don't know if I will be able to solve this case, but I am confident that I can figure out if her car was in the location it was found on Jan 28th or 29th

Hello all, I am requesting help.

I found this periscope video which is almost 40 mins long of somebody driving down to PCH on Jan 28th. If anybody has the time to go slow through it and look for Elaine's car, it would be super helpful!

<modsnip: Please do not post names of innocent people who have no connection to the case>

Is your theory that Elaine's car wasn't left early on the 28th where it was ultimately found? I haven't finished viewing the linked video but it seems they don't go up to Malibu at all (just took Sunset to PCH and then south to Santa Monica). Are you thinking her car might have been heading north?

Is your theory that Elaine's car wasn't left early on the 28th where it was ultimately found? I haven't finished viewing the linked video but it seems they don't go up to Malibu at all (just took Sunset to PCH and then south to Santa Monica). Are you thinking her car might have been heading north?

hi, no. So, I was hoping that the end of the video (I am from the east coast and have never been to CA, so please know my knowledge is only from Google earth) where it goes into Malibu (I think Malibu based on street signs I looked up) might go near where Elaine’s car was found. I think upon further examination this weekend that it does not go up to the point where her car was found.

Good News: I was finalllyyyyy able to download 6,000 posts from the #Malibu on insta between the dates of 1/28/17-1/31/17. The bad news is that I now have to manually check 6k posts lol. If anybody is willing to help check some posts, please let me know! Normally I would automate deleting some of the posts, but knowing that each pic could hold a clue, I am nervous to do so. The posts are on a google sheet and basically you click a link, see if it shows the PCH or is near the area where Elaine's car was found, and mark the sheet accordingly. Thanks!

Good News: I was finalllyyyyy able to download 6,000 posts from the #Malibu on insta between the dates of 1/28/17-1/31/17. The bad news is that I now have to manually check 6k posts lol. If anybody is willing to help check some posts, please let me know! Normally I would automate deleting some of the posts, but knowing that each pic could hold a clue, I am nervous to do so. The posts are on a google sheet and basically you click a link, see if it shows the PCH or is near the area where Elaine's car was found, and mark the sheet accordingly. Thanks!
Could you share the link? As long as you prevent anyone but you from making edits, should be pretty safe to publicly post the link, right?

Could you share the link? As long as you prevent anyone but you from making edits, should be pretty safe to publicly post the link, right?

I will share soon! If anybody wants edit rights and to help me, however, I am totally comfortable with that! I have backup Google sheets of all the data and Google sheets records all changes and allows you to revert back to an older version of the document. I may have come up with a code to extract captions from each post, so if that works, hopefully it will help in sorting through the posts sooner.

ELAINE PARK

This is my google sheets! The #Malibu posts are under the #Malibu tab. If you're willing to help, just send me a message on WS and request access to the sheet letting me know what your email is. :)

I officially have captions for the #Malibu posts. I might make a new sheet with posts I think are of the most interest based on keywords. If anybody is from the Malibu area and has suggestions for other regional hashtags and locations I should scrape data for on Instagram (if the #Malibu posts find nothing), please suggest them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back