GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going by what both Scheiderer and Canepa said in court.

All but 2 were shot as they lay sleeping.

Gunshot didn't wake them which is how they knew silencers were used.

This is the lead BCI investigator under oath and the Special Prosecutor.

I had assumed that CRsr and GR were the two that were not shot while sleeping.

I've often wondered if that statement might have gotten slightly mixed up that day. People were in shock. Maybe JM said he saw DR (in bed) from the hallway.

Just a thought.

IIRC her bedroom was within sight of the front door. They have said that most were found as if they'd been killed in their sleep, execution style. If she woke and struggled, her legs may have been hanging across the bed. Just as Donald Stone, knew, when he saw KR. Manley heard the baby crying, and backed out, is what I've always heard. That implies he walked inside. The stillness probably told him enough, (remember, his wife said he didn't want to "see his niece like that"), and he possibly saw his sister's legs across the bed as he backed out.

IIRC her bedroom was within sight of the front door. They have said that most were found as if they'd been killed in their sleep, execution style. If she woke and struggled, her legs may have been hanging across the bed. Just as Donald Stone, knew, when he saw KR. Manley heard the baby crying, and backed out, is what I've always heard. That implies he walked inside. The stillness probably told him enough, (remember, his wife said he didn't want to "see his niece like that"), and he possibly saw his sister's legs across the bed as he backed out.

Yes,I think it was that way.

Yes, Thank you CC. that's what I remember. I had forgotten about the second sofa. So, the kitchen is behind that wall ...?

I remember the baby shower photos. Does anyone know off hand if the baby shower was in the "old" house before they moved?

I remember HG and Frankie were on the floor to the left and HR was opening gifts on the couch on the far wall, and there was a buffet set up in the dining room area.

Close friends were there. I recognize A lady from the shower was at Jake's "confessional" in court.

I think the shower was a month before that night and it was exactly for one month that they got to live in the new home. At the time they had the shower, a poster pointed out, the Wagners were at the store buying a murder kit item.

If BJM wasn't there it is because of a feud with Dana over egg salad sandwiches! Sisters...lol...! Opinion about the sandwiches.

Last edited:
I remember the baby shower photos. Does anyone know off hand if the baby shower was in the "old" house before they moved?

I remember HG and Frankie were on the floor to the left and HR was opening gifts on the couch on the far wall, and there was a buffet set up in the dining room area.

Close friends were there. I recognize A lady from the shower was at Jake's "confessional" in court.

I think the shower was a month before that night and it was exactly for one month that they got to live in the new home. At the time they had the shower, a poster pointed out, the Wagners were at the store buying a murder kit item.

If BJM wasn't there it is because of a feud with Dana over egg salad sandwiches! Sisters...lol...! Opinion about the sandwiches.
Baby shower was in the new home.

I thought her bedroom is behind the kitchen, it was CRjr bedroom that was in sight of the front door? I would post a picture from the baby shower that shows a hallway behind the kitchen but it has other people in the pic so I do not think that is allowed.

Last edited:
She was Angela Carter then got married and took the Wagner name. Her name is in the newspaper announcing that she and George Washington Wagner took out a marriage license. Link posted earlier.
He is talking about the other Angela in his post not AW connected to the murders. Different storyline. Yes Angela Wagner that married BW was a Carter before.

I know that you did not ask me but the kitchen was to the left, CRjr bedroom was behind that wall. Excuse me for butting in.
Thank you. No worries, anyone with knowledge can answer.
I just aked CC because she provided photos.
So, if CJ bedroom was behind the wall, it was very close to Dana. So if JW went straight for DR, CR jr possibly would have heard something and been slightly awake?
Sorry for misunderstanding and misrepresenting where the kitchen was. My bad.
My thought is since Dana's place was so large and rambling, more than one W had to be there with JW. Because it would it have been hard to know if the exact location of each person was distant enough that even the silencer and struggle noises (if there were any struggles) would not alert the others.
I don't think they could have been sure one W could handle it all.
As an aside, I did think CRjr was sleeping at the far back of the structures. Not near the front. I don't know why I thought that.
But then, I didn't know where the kitchen was....

Where was HR bedroom? I am very confuse about this now.
I any case, right or left, was DR bedroom visible from the entry door area?

Thank you. No worries, anyone with knowledge can answer.
I just aked CC because she provided photos.
So, if CJ bedroom was behind the wall, it was very close to Dana. So if JW went straight for DR, CR jr possibly would have heard something and been slightly awake?
Sorry for misunderstanding and misrepresenting where the kitchen was. My bad.
My thought is since Dana's place was so large and rambling, more than one W had to be there with JW. Because it would it have been hard to know if the exact location of each person was distant enough that even the silencer and struggle noises (if there were any struggles) would not alert the others.
I don't think they could have been sure one W could handle it all.
As an aside, I did think CRjr was sleeping at the far back of the structures. Not near the front. I don't know why I thought that.
But then, I didn't know where the kitchen was....

Where was HR bedroom? I am very confuse about this now.
I any case, right or left, was DR bedroom visible from the entry door area?

I posted a pic and it looks to me as though you would not have to walk in very far to see DR in her bedroom behind the kitchen depending on how her bed was positioned. It seems from screengrabs in bond hearing that her bed was positioned so it could be seen from that small hallway. HR bedroom was in the add on that would be near to DR room.
180344666_4072346379483364_6038368614552820902_n.jpg

It wouldn't have been Wagner at the time of her years service though. If her name wasn't Carter what was it back then? I seem to have Carter stuck in my mind.

AW married to BW would have been a Carter before marriage. There is another Angela Wagner that came onto people's radar that lived in Florida and some believed it to be the AW involved in the murders. That is who it seems the poster was asking about, if they were one in the same. They were not. I could post her maiden name and other names but it would not be allowed here.

Last edited:
Oh, you noticed that too.

Yes, it is not normal by any means for a defendant to do a plea deal and not get some charges dismissed. To plead to all 23 counts has some people scratching their heads.
Must be things are different when dealing with the DP.

And Angela out of site? For almost a year...really?...!

Billy filing a Bond Motion and gets a Bond Hearing date - then it's postponed then nothing zilch. Then wanting speedy trial - then not - then wanting speedy trial again - then not....Humm....

I agree, CC. It is very frustrating to those of us trying our best to support the victims and their families while we are being kept in the dark about what's going on. Most of the hearings' hours have been in chambers! Are the trials going to be the same way? I wonder. Thanks for all your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member