Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a grim situation across the country, first with protective equipment, now with vaccines.

Canada has partnered with the USA since WW2, always working together. An example is when two planes flew into the world trade towers. Planes had to be diverted. Canada stepped up. Canada always steps up when asked by the USA.

Everything changed at the beginning of the pandemic, and Canada has since been struggling. Protective equipment was withheld in 2020, and today there's a vaccine shortage.

Remember April 2020, when protective equipment destined for Canada was hijacked?

"In a desperate bid in early March to get medical masks for the fight against COVID-19, a Toronto doctor and her friend arranged for five million masks to be shipped directly from a manufacturer in China. ....

“The stuff was at the airport ready to be shipped,” said Kapur. “We had it on the tarmac ... we had five million masks coming.

“Then the craziest thing happened.” I have no idea where that shipment went. Their shipment disappeared at Shanghai airport.

“We never got the shipment onto the airplane,” Chin said. “It turns out we were suddenly outbid.” ...

“It was like the Wild West at the airport.”
To Chin, it sounded like “modern-day pirates.”
What happened when five million medical masks for Canada's COVID-19 fight were hijacked in China | National Post

"US buyers waving wads of cash managed to wrest control of a consignment of masks as it was about to be dispatched from China to one of the worst-hit coronavirus areas of France, according to two French officials.

The masks were on a plane at Shanghai airport that was ready to take off when the US buyers turned up and offered three times what their French counterparts were paying."
US hijacking mask shipments in rush for coronavirus protection

Protective equipment was withheld in 2020, and today the USA offers Canada the sub-standard AstraZeneca vaccine. Meanwhile in Canada, the virus has the upper hand.

It's a grim situation across the country, first with protective equipment, now with vaccines.

Canada has partnered with the USA since WW2, always working together. An example is when two planes flew into the world trade towers. Planes had to be diverted. Canada stepped up. Canada always steps up when asked by the USA.

Everything changed at the beginning of the pandemic, and Canada has since been struggling. Protective equipment was withheld in 2020, and today there's a vaccine shortage.

Remember April 2020, when protective equipment destined for Canada was hijacked?

"In a desperate bid in early March to get medical masks for the fight against COVID-19, a Toronto doctor and her friend arranged for five million masks to be shipped directly from a manufacturer in China. ....

“The stuff was at the airport ready to be shipped,” said Kapur. “We had it on the tarmac ... we had five million masks coming.

“Then the craziest thing happened.” I have no idea where that shipment went. Their shipment disappeared at Shanghai airport.

“We never got the shipment onto the airplane,” Chin said. “It turns out we were suddenly outbid.” ...

“It was like the Wild West at the airport.”
To Chin, it sounded like “modern-day pirates.”
What happened when five million medical masks for Canada's COVID-19 fight were hijacked in China | National Post

"US buyers waving wads of cash managed to wrest control of a consignment of masks as it was about to be dispatched from China to one of the worst-hit coronavirus areas of France, according to two French officials.

The masks were on a plane at Shanghai airport that was ready to take off when the US buyers turned up and offered three times what their French counterparts were paying."
US hijacking mask shipments in rush for coronavirus protection

Protective equipment was withheld in 2020, and today the USA offers Canada the sub-standard AstraZeneca vaccine. Meanwhile in Canada, the virus has the upper hand.

oh right
somehow I'd forgotten about that

oh right
somehow I'd forgotten about that

I think most Canadians quickly forgot that the USA did all sorts of things to interfere with Canada's efforts to protect Canadians. The AstraZeneca vaccine is not approved in the USA, but it is manufactured in the USA to distribute to countries like Canada.

"And in Toronto, the city will start installing the infrastructure for curb lane patios in anticipation of outdoor dining once again becoming possible."

City of Toronto confirms CaféTO curb lane installations will begin May 8

"In 2020, CaféTO supported a total of 801 restaurants in 62 BIAs, as well as 96 restaurants outside of BIAs. An additional 44 public parklets in BIAs were activated. The 439 curb lane closures converted 9,683 metres of traffic lanes into new outdoor dining space for restaurants."

Concerns over common side effects shouldn't scare you from getting COVID-19 vaccines, doctor says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covi...h8I7yKnV6KdgHraebLQ84JnC-zViGTtAvAi71ZhnI7y2k

"It can vary quite a bit across different people. But again, like I mentioned, these things happen very rarely and for the most part, even in older individuals, they don't last for more than about a day," he said.

"If you're feeling really bad, you can always take an Advil or Tylenol. That will generally help."

LL Did you have side effects from the vac?

Hubs is back to work after an exposure to a covid positive co-worker,
A negative test result and 14 days since exposure and he's glad to be back.
It was a long 2 weeks.

This comment regarding people who die due to the AstraZeneca vaccine strikes me as suggesting that playing Russian Roulette is a good idea. We know that some healthy people who have successfully avoided covid for more than a year will die from the vaccine. The government's response is to take it anyway and hope for the best, because if they get covid, the symptoms might be severe. They might not be.

"While any death is tragic, it is important to remember that the risks of dying or suffering other severe outcomes from COVID-19 remain far greater than the risk following AstraZeneca vaccine."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-astrazeneca-vaccine-death-1.6014284

It reminds me of answers to the question of whether two masks are better than one. The answer did not address the question of whether two masks are better, and instead recommended that wearing one mask properly is better than no mask at all.

These side-stepping answers don't sit well with me. A healthy person may or may not develop severe covid symptoms, may or may not die from covid. The vaccination may or may not cause death. The government advises to risk death by vaccine to avoid death by covid. It's bizarre.

"It can vary quite a bit across different people. But again, like I mentioned, these things happen very rarely and for the most part, even in older individuals, they don't last for more than about a day," he said.

"If you're feeling really bad, you can always take an Advil or Tylenol. That will generally help."

LL Did you have side effects from the vac?

Hubs is back to work after an exposure to a covid positive co-worker,
A negative test result and 14 days since exposure and he's glad to be back.
It was a long 2 weeks.

did he miss work (like as in want to be there)? lol
I just had a cluster headache and mild fatigue and slight dizziness the next day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member