Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

Yep. I'm convinced she either wasn't the only person in the vehicle, or there was another vehicle she was following or vice versa.

im wondering if she wasnt in the car at all. it wasnt her regular route of travel, i think someone was moving it to possibly secret it. i had wondered earlier on if she hadnt been to see a fwb, but then later i found out all of a sudden her friends husband was also there. so idk. i just am 99% sure this isnt an voluntary disappearance.

im wondering if she wasnt in the car at all. it wasnt her regular route of travel, i think someone was moving it to possibly secret it. i had wondered earlier on if she hadnt been to see a fwb, but then later i found out all of a sudden her friends husband was also there. so idk. i just am 99% sure this isnt an voluntary disappearance.
Yeah I also am convinced she didn’t leave voluntarily. I’m interested in OnStar not working. It was a pretty new car (2020) so I think it should be working just fine. So someone disabled it or the car is submerged in water probably. Did we ever find out if she owns the car?

Interesting. I think that's a fair possibility, too. And totally agree that it's highly unlikely this is voluntary. I am so curious. Going to try to dig into social media tonight!

Yeah I’m hoping the FBI is combing possible surveillance from around the neighborhood from the friend’s house. I want to know if Erica usually does this where she stays past midnight at a friend’s house on the weekends. I am sure I read she works full time. Does she usually let her daughter use her car? Does her daughter help her pay for the car? If she usually lets her daughter use her car for work, how does Erica get to work?

I wonder what reason Erica gave for her staying so late at her friend’s house. Was she catching up with an old friend or is it someone she talks to daily? If she was supposed to be home by 3 am, what time does she wake up to go to work Monday morning? Was something different about her schedule this time? So many questions. I am continuing to pray for Erica and her family.

Are there many car jackings in that area? I'm inclined to believe there was a car jacking, the car went to a chop shop and sadly EH is a murder victim. I don't like to believe that people can be that vicious but the recent discovery of a Houston area house with several victims of human trafficking makes me believe anything is possible.
I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

I’m not sure what to think of this case. We lived in the Houston area for seven years. I don’t remember tons of instances of car jackings, but that doesn’t mean anything. I do have a few questions...

The theory of car jacking and a chop shop... Is this vehicle a hot commodity in that market? I ask because there are TONS of nicer vehicles in Houston. There is tons of money there. BMW, Mercedes, Land Rober, etc. are the normal cars you see EVERY day on the roads. It’s not uncommon to see Jags, Porsche, etc. My fully loaded, brand new Explorer was a piece of crap compared to what I’d pass on the roads.

The Onstar... does this feature work if you do not pay for the subscription?

JMO

Are there many car jackings in that area? I'm inclined to believe there was a car jacking, the car went to a chop shop and sadly EH is a murder victim. I don't like to believe that people can be that vicious but the recent discovery of a Houston area house with several victims of human trafficking makes me believe anything is possible.
I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

Crime Statistics

I clicked on the Monthly Crime Data for Jan-Mar 2021, but only a small part of Jan would download for me to view.
But just looking at the info I was able to see and narrowing it down to JUST S POST OAK, there were numerous incidents reported.

LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

I typed in specific addresses (street names) to look at recent crimes for the area.
A few examples included robberies around S. Post Oak on April 20 & 24

Last edited:

Totally agree. Either she had an accident or she did not leave that house on her own accord.

To add to the OnStar discussion, depending on where you buy the car, it usually comes with a certain amount of free OnStar subscription (I’ve seen 3 years alot), This car was only 1 year old so I would be surprised if it didn’t have a subscription service at this time. I think it had to be dismantled by someone who knows how or submerged in water.

This is interesting they last saw Erica visably in her car Court Road and Post Oak area. Cell phone ping Hwy 288

Then someone known to Erica last saw her near the Fort Bend Parkway Tollway and FM 2234. What time did friend see her driving in this direction? This is the opposite direction.

Did she give someone a ride home?
Did she pick someone up?
Vehicle jacking?

This is interesting they last saw Erica visably in her car Court Road and Post Oak area. Cell phone ping Hwy 288

Then someone known to Erica last saw her near the Fort Bend Parkway Tollway and FM 2234. What time did friend see her driving in this direction? This is the opposite direction.

Did she give someone a ride home?
Did she pick someone up?
Vehicle jacking?

bbm but that isnt clear. i am beginning to think they saw her vehicle but not who was driving it.

If she met with foul play at the friends house and someone else from the friends house was driving her car, the texting could be establishing an alibi. MOO

I'm not sure what foul play she would have encountered at her friend's house? Even with others there, they would be friends of friends.....

I like to think her friend would have called for paramedics if she'd be taken sick with a drink or drug overdose or something.

This is interesting they last saw Erica visably in her car Court Road and Post Oak area.Then someone known to Erica last saw her near the Fort Bend Parkway Tollway and FM 2234.

This confused me when I first read this thread a couple of weeks ago when Erica went missing.
It seemed like there were 2 different locations stated, and not being from Houston, I didn't know if they were near each other, or in the same neighbourhood, or what.
I even thought it may be the same location, just described differently.
But no, I Googled them and they are 2 separate areas.

But most missing people aren't last seen at TWO different locations, so that's weird for a start.

Was she seen at the location nearer her home first....or the one furthest away first?

She could have been on her way home when something happened (carjack, robbery etc.) and someone drove the car away with her in....which is when it was seen at the later S. Oak Post location.

Maybe the perpetrator put Erica's car (with an unconscious Erica inside) into nearby water and walked away.....

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back