Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they didn’t actually find her, they must have a hellacious amount of circumstantial evidence to charge 1st degree. Unless they’re hoping he will tell them where she is & what happened if they let him plea to 2nd degree or manslaughter (surely not.)
JMO

The strongest cases are built on multiple types of evidence including forensic, physical, eyewitness, and behavioral evidence.

I hope they have a bit of each type of evidence to present to a jury -- especially if they do not recover SM's body.

As a FYI, the new DA, Linda Stanley, previously spent several years working as a prosecutor for District 10 (Pueblo) where she was instrumental in finally getting Kelsie Schelling's (no- body recovered) case to trial. The accused was convicted in March. Kelsie has been missing for 8 years.

Linda Stanley, Candidate for 11th Judicial District DA - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Barry Morphew charged with murder, arrested in Chaffee County | FOX21 News Colorado

“My first reaction is relief,” said Melinda Moorman, Suzanne’s sister. “And grateful. I’m just so grateful.” Moorman said she is thankful for law enforcement’s “tireless” work throughout this investigation, noting Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze called her this morning to tell her about the arrest.

“Today, justice is beginning for my sister,” Moorman said, as her voice broke. “It’s been a journey that no one ever imagines that they’ll take.”

Through tears, Moorman said she still loves her brother-in-law, “though he’s done a terrible thing.”
“Today, justice is beginning for my sister,” Moorman said, as her voice broke. “It’s been a journey that no one ever imagines that they’ll take.”

Through tears, Moorman said she still loves her brother-in-law, “though he’s done a terrible thing.” (BBM)

A pretty amazing thing for her to say, IMO. It gives some insight into what kind of person SM was and why she is so very missed by those who knew her.

Can they charge 1st degree murder without a body?

Under Colorado law, first-degree murder is defined as the deliberate and premeditated killing of another human being with malice aforethought. It differs from second-degree murder which requires extreme indifference to human life generally rather than the intent to take the life of a particular person.

The strongest cases are built on multiple types of evidence including forensic, physical, eyewitness, and behavioral evidence.

I hope they have a bit of each type of evidence to present to a jury -- especially if they do not recover SM's body.

As a FYI, the new DA, Linda Stanley, previously spent several years working as a prosecutor for District 10 (Pueblo) where she was instrumental in finally getting Kelsie Schelling's (no- body recovered) case to trial. The accused was convicted in March. Kelsie has been missing for 8 years.

Linda Stanley, Candidate for 11th Judicial District DA - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Yup....where it only took the jury ....what... under 3 hours to find him guilty?

8 years later, a lot better technology, not to mention the FBI/CBI's rather fast involvement in this case....not too worried about the no body in relation to prosecuting the case.

Under Colorado law, first-degree murder is defined as the deliberate and premeditated killing of another human being with malice aforethought. It differs from second-degree murder which requires extreme indifference to human life generally rather than the intent to take the life of a particular person.
YES!

Donte Lucas was just convicted of 1st degree murder on March 8, 2021

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...st-degree-murder-in-death-of-kelsie-schelling

Ask Patrick Frazee about a no body charge!

Interesting that at the bottom of this is says that police believe SM was killed on the 10th. I know we all spent many a thread speculating on the timing. That would make some of the "weird" stuff that allegedly happened on the 9th (the work at the new construction site, the strange FB friend requests, the last minute scheduling of the job in Denver, etc.) potentially part of premeditation rather than part of a cover up of a crime. JMO, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998