Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they charge 1st degree murder without a body?

Under Colorado law, first-degree murder is defined as the deliberate and premeditated killing of another human being with malice aforethought. It differs from second-degree murder which requires extreme indifference to human life generally rather than the intent to take the life of a particular person.

Yes, Frazee was convicted of 1st degree without a body.

Last edited:
No bond. Eta but next to it says bond set?

And the 3rd charge - the 'influencing public officer' ,( sorry can't remember exactly phrase,) same day as Suzanne's disappearance
Good catch. So that makes it likely that the charge is related to staging the scene. It would be a little early for threats or bribery at that point. But I guess anything is possible.

I agree with those that believe the influencing charge has to do with the false bike ride and tossing. We shall see whether TN was part of the good guys or the bad guys-did he run when he realized he might be helping a murderer, or was he complicit? And what day did Barry do this? How long had he planned for it?

Re third charge, attempt to influence public servant
Date of offense was given as May 10, 2020, same date as the other two offenses.

So right then and there, same day as MisPers report,
BM tried to influence a public employee?

Likely at that time, imo P. E'ee. would have been someone in local LE, say someone in county sheriff's office.
Iirc, CBI & FBI were not at scene on MAY 10.

What was his approach?
- Intimidation? (I'll have your badge/job).
- $$$ Bribe (How much is it worth to you, to ignore me as a suspect).
- Wink & nod (or similar Good Old Boys Club, No need to tell anyone else).
- Blackmail (I know about your extramarital affair, your embezzlement from county gov't, etc).
- Mobster threat (You'll sleep w the fishes in Arkansas River. Shooting accidents happen in hunting season).

Just considering possibilities.

Maybe, the influencing the public officer has to do with his lies about the bike ride and staging of that bike.
I think it will be more than that, as lying about the evidence would be more along the lines of obstruction or tampering. This is likely an affirmative attempt to bribe or otherwise corrupt an official of some kind (police, fire, etc) to avoid or impede investigation or prosecution. JMO.

Barry Morphew charged with murder, arrested in Chaffee County | FOX21 News Colorado

“My first reaction is relief,” said Melinda Moorman, Suzanne’s sister. “And grateful. I’m just so grateful.” Moorman said she is thankful for law enforcement’s “tireless” work throughout this investigation, noting Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze called her this morning to tell her about the arrest.

“Today, justice is beginning for my sister,” Moorman said, as her voice broke. “It’s been a journey that no one ever imagines that they’ll take.”

Through tears, Moorman said she still loves her brother-in-law, “though he’s done a terrible thing.”
Wait, what? She still loves her BIL? Holy smokes.

Re third charge, attempt to influence public servant
Date of offense was given as May 10, 2020, same date as the other two offenses.

So right then and there, same day as MisPers report,
BM tried to influence a public employee?

Likely at that time, imo P. E'ee. would have been someone in local LE, say someone in county sheriff's office.
Iirc, CBI & FBI were not at scene on MAY 10.

What was his approach?
- Intimidation? (I'll have your badge/job).
- $$$ Bribe (How much is it worth to you, to ignore me as a suspect).
- Wink & nod (or similar Good Old Boys Club, No need to tell anyone else).
- Blackmail (I know about your extramarital affair, your embezzlement from county gov't, etc).
- Mobster threat (You'll sleep w the fishes in Arkansas River. Shooting accidents happen in hunting season).

Just considering possibilities.

Good catch. I retract my pervious speculation on this charge.

Maybe this was a Fire Fighter buddy. IMO

Suzanne’s family has a right to give her a proper burial. Barry needs to show LE where he buried her!
He will claim his innocence just like FD. He will get the same type of high profile lawyer like he did and the circus will begin. Remember here, it's hard to convict a no body no crime. I don't for one second think he will talk. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak