Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what? She still loves her BIL? Holy smokes.
I've never been in this situation so I can't say, but I can only imagine it must be very difficult to process. Maybe it's easier for her to not feel hate right now (wouldn't be my approach I don't *think* though). Idk that's just so heavy.

OR this is obviously straight up speculation... maybe if he believes he isn't completely hated by the family he will be more willing to talk. Maybe?

I wonder if he thought he could influence Spezee?
BM’s ego has me believing that he might just try on day one to get the sheriff on his side. After all, he was already a firefighter.

Spezee countered that by calling in the big guns.
Just my musings, something tipped the sheriff’s hand early, IMO. Wonder what it was?

Re third charge, attempt to influence public servant
Date of offense was given as May 10, 2020, same date as the other two offenses.

So right then and there, same day as MisPers report,
BM tried to influence a public employee?

Likely at that time, imo P. E'ee. would have been someone in local LE, say someone in county sheriff's office.
Iirc, CBI & FBI were not at scene on MAY 10.

What was his approach?
- Intimidation? (I'll have your badge/job).
- $$$ Bribe (How much is it worth to you, to ignore me as a suspect).
- Wink & nod (or similar Good Old Boys Club, No need to tell anyone else).
- Blackmail (I know about your extramarital affair, your embezzlement from county gov't, etc).
- Mobster threat (You'll sleep w the fishes in Arkansas River. Shooting accidents happen in hunting season).

Just considering possibilities.

Since no one else has been charged I’m guessing the public servant did not participate or take the bait in whatever Barry was offering.

I've never been in this situation so I can't say, but I can only imagine it must be very difficult to process. Maybe it's easier for her to not feel hate right now (wouldn't be my approach I don't *think* though). Idk that's just so heavy.

OR this is obviously straight up speculation... maybe if he believes he isn't completely hated by the family he will be more willing to talk. Maybe?
Yes, I was thinking that afterwards. Reverse psychology.

All I can think about is M & M having no Mother, no home, no Father, poor relationship with family and all that they once may have thought was truthful now must be heartbreakingly re-examined. Hoping they're strong women and happy they have each other. moo

Since no one else has been charged I’m guessing the public servant did not participate or take the bait in whatever Barry was offering.
I'm so curious as to what this is about... How egregious of an attempt was it?? Is it possible that Barry could have believed that whatever it was had worked and that's why he has been so comfortable doing all of that weird and inappropriate stuff this whole year?

Yay for justice!!!

Regarding the charge of attempted influence:

His female coworker from the grading site and chlorinated hotel room: Didn't she relate something about (I'm ad-libbing) being approached by 2 men who said "We can't pay you now because it might look like bribery"? I remember it basically made no sense at the time.

Still doesn't but maybe it somehow ties in.

It is heartwarming somehow to scroll through the posts today and see the familiar names who spent the entire year sleuthing this horrible crime and caring about @JusticeforSuzanne.
There's no "victory lap" in this sad race to find poor Suzanne, but there is vindication.
Let's hope that something or things that someone posted here helped LE bring Barry to justice. At least we tried!

All I can think about is M & M having no Mother, no home, no Father, poor relationship with family and all that they once may have thought was truthful now must be heartbreakingly re-examined. Hoping they're strong women and happy they have each other. moo
I share your concerns @PaulaDC
For your peace of mind regarding the girls, they do have a very strong family looking out for them. The parents were very fond of Suzanne. The dad made a beautiful post on Suzanne's birthday. Unfortunately it isn't MSM, but it made me feel better about the girls. The girls are going to need them more than ever now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member