CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick comment on the mines as a local, see screenshot of recorded mine locations in the region. So there's a lot. I've been to quite a few (like McGinty mountain one) and they are usually very shallow, often times you can see the end of the tunnel from the opening. They were mining mostly for gold so they would find a spot in the granite with quartz outcropping and just dig into that for 10-20 yards and then stop if they didn't find anything. Also, for all the ones I've been to, you need to be in pretty good shape to get to them just carrying water. Once you get out in the desert (see anza borrego) there are some deeper mines going after different minerals in different earth/rock. In considering all these, I would love to know what tracking/traffic light/security cam data LE has on movements.

View attachment 295600

I agree. I'm wondering if they got a tip or lead to go search the Barrett House Ranch. It did seem like it was a sudden decision to search that area but that's just my opinion.

I don't necessarily think that anyone would carry a body up a mountain but they might drive. That being said, I don't know how anyone could drive up McGinty without being seen. I was mostly commenting on the amount of mines in the area. There appears to be 91 mines in the Jamul area alone so I hope they will be included in the search in the future if other leads turn up nothing.

Edit: MOO

I'm wondering.. since cadaver dogs can smell cadaverine in a deep grave or under concrete... could it be as simple as taking a dog to the entrance of each of the mines to sniff the air escaping?
I so hope she's found soon :(

I'm wondering.. since cadaver dogs can smell cadaverine in a deep grave or under concrete... could it be as simple as taking a dog to the entrance of each of the mines to sniff the air escaping?
I so hope she's found soon :(

There was a bloodhound named Yogi that led Detectives a total of 16 miles (25.75km) to a body back in 1993. At the time Alie Berrelez was considered to be missing so I'm uncertain if Yogi was actually a cadaver dog. Yogi was apparently able to track her four days after her abduction despite her being transported in a vehicle. Yogi led them 14 miles before his handler stopped him. Alie was found 2 miles away from the location where Yogi was stopped.

I'm confident that a cadaver dog could find her depending on where she is. They've been recorded to alert on bodies 15 meters (49 ft) underground as well as 30 meters under water. However, they do make mistakes and need a good starting off point.

All of this information is just a Google search away but feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong. I did a bit of a rapid search.

MOO

CVPD provided an update on the case on 4/5 and a second update on 4/7 where they stated they would provide updates every two weeks.

Accordingly - they provided another update on 4/21. Seems another update will be due on or about Wednesday - 5/5.

Nonetheless -- a peaceful rally scheduled in front of CVPD today to push for more answers ... :eek:

Family members said Tuesday’s peaceful rally at the Chula Vista Police Department headquarters (315 4th Ave.) at 4 p.m. will be an event “to continue advocating for May.” [..]

Chula Vista Police have previously stated it would provide investigation updates every two weeks.

Sorry to be posting about bodies found every other post, but there seems to be so many bodies found out in Cali these days. :(

This is from today.

Caltrans worker finds severed foot in median of 210 Freeway in San Bernardino | KTLA

An investigation was launched following the discovery of a human foot in the center median of the 210 Freeway in San Bernardino Monday morning, officials said.

The appendage was not in a sock or shoe and may have belonged to a woman, CHP Officer Ivan Sandoval told the San Bernardino Sun.

Sorry to be posting about bodies found every other post, but there seems to be so many bodies found out in Cali these days. :(

This is from today.

Caltrans worker finds severed foot in median of 210 Freeway in San Bernardino | KTLA

An investigation was launched following the discovery of a human foot in the center median of the 210 Freeway in San Bernardino Monday morning, officials said.

The appendage was not in a sock or shoe and may have belonged to a woman, CHP Officer Ivan Sandoval told the San Bernardino Sun.

whoa.. wonder if it was after being hit by a car or something more nefarious.

This is from today.

Dear heavens! Aside from the poor Victim,I feel sorry for the Caltrans worker; that will be hard to forget.

San Bernardino is a straight shot from Chula Vista; approx. 2 hrs.
Unlikely to be May, unless it was a planned and gruesome taunt. Anything is possible with this case it seems.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sorry to be posting about bodies found every other post, but there seems to be so many bodies found out in Cali these days. :(...
Another body and this one in San Diego. What a gruesome headline. :( Article says it was a woman seeming to be experiencing homelessness.
Woman found dead in trash can in Little Italy | FOX 5 San Diego map of area in video

ABOUT MAYA
Video says, Maricris and Richard have given up their jobs and sold some belongings to try to stay afloat financially as they continue to do search after search for Maya. That is heartbreaking.

Vague sightings reported always make me nervous because I feel it confuses the investigation. Someone said they saw Elizabeth Sullivan early on, and she's the one that was in the freezer for two years, but people thought that sighting was real and that she had left her family to party around the area. If you listen to what Richard says in the video, both Maricris and Richard seem to believe Maya met with foul play. and they want answers. (MOO, and I bet they also want an arrest and that's what they're really doing in front of the City Hall.)

Family holds rally at Chula Vista City Hall in push to find missing mom | FOX 5 San Diego See Video

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — "Upwards of one hundred people crowded the steps and courtyard in front of Chula Vista City Hall Tuesday in hopes of pushing city council to get behind the search for missing mother Maya Millete."

upload_2021-5-4_20-35-57.png
^^^^^ more warrants sounds fine. All MOO and such.

Watched dateline on the missing Michelle Le case. Vanished. Mark Klass came in & helped the family search. He said some very interesting things about the search areas, staying connected with LE and plugging into the media.
Michelle was found in a remote canyon by the search dog of (ironically )
Amber Debious mother.
Vanished, Part 6

MOO
I do wish the “Cavalry” would arrive for May’s family. I see them wearing down.
So,so heartbreaking.

This is from today.

I'm glad you post them. Otherwise, I would have no idea what's going on down there. Every body found gives me hope that the search for Maya will end. It's horrible that so many bodies have been found but the recovery of each body will hopefully help other families find answers. The amount of bodies found lately makes me wonder if there's a huge problem that's been going on undetected and finding these people may solve a previously unknown crisis. Maya's family is achieving incredible things and I hope they keep moving that mountain.

MOO

O/T but LE just arrested Barry Morphew. His wife's body has not been located.
The sheriff gave one presser in 12 months and has not made public comments. LE knows what's best -- trust them.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

#BreakingNews According to court documents, BARRY MORPHEW was arrested today charged with first degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence, attempt to influence public servant.
@FOX21News
@KDVR

9:41 AM · May 5, 2021

The sheriff gave one presser in 12 months and has not made public comments. LE knows what's best -- trust them.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

#BreakingNews According to court documents, BARRY MORPHEW was arrested today charged with first degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence, attempt to influence public servant.
@FOX21News
@KDVR

Oh wow - finally! Must head over to her thread - THANKS!!

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

@FOX21News
@KDVR

You beat me to it. There is hope for May!

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

@FOX21News
@KDVR

This makes me so happy! I haven't been paying close attention to Suzanne because I want to focus all of my attention on Maya, but from what I've heard, both cases are very similar. This is a great day for all the players involved in bringing justice to Suzanne!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member