Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "choke hold" hug that he uses is, in my opinion, rarely used past high school by couples who value each others' autonomy.

Agree - those photos bother me too.

The "Oh, Suzanne" at the beginning of the video is a way of blaming Suzanne for what happened to her.

Especially the tone.

I'm glad that another Mother's Day didn't go by for her family with no answers. I think it's impressive how quiet they've kept this investigation, based on the DA's remarks about how extensive it was.

A summary of the presser so far....

0915 Chaffee office arrested BM in Ponza Springs, he was alone and arrested without incident

1000’s of hours spent

135 SW across CO, interviewed more than 400 individuals and over 1400 tips

Early April investigative work presented to DA’s office and they outlined all of the evidence

DA’s office reviewed the case and they decided to move forward

People wanted answers and justice for SM

Every action investigators took led to today’s arrest

CBI, FBI, 11th Judicial DA Linda Stanley and her office part of investigation

DA Linda Stanley speaks

Investigation is still ongoing

SM’s body has not been found

BM presumed innocent until proven guilty

AA sealed

Media inquiries should go through her office, cannot talk about any open or active investigation

“Today is a good day” investigators worked day in and day out, were second guessed, but they never quit

Sheriff Spezze and Alex Walker some of the best she has ever worked with. Followed every lead and never compromised integrity of investigation

Sworn in Jan 12th and she met with the and went through hours and hours of their meticulous investigation

The work begins today, more work to be done and it is an important and incredibly crucial step

Today is about SM and her family and about everyone who loved and cared about her

and then my internet crapped out....:(

ETA this is a summary and not a transcript, please excuse any oversights or errors

Last edited:
The AA is still sealed. I don't think we're going to get many answers at this point.

Doesn't sound like there was a big new piece of evidence that prompted this though, more like they just felt they'd assembled enough evidence to charge (and the case was presented to the DA in April).

And they don't expect to make any more arrests in this case.

So they don’t have the official cause of death (obviously) but they have a theory of what happened based on the evidence they have but that could change as they discover more. I’m impressed! I wonder how strong the evidence is.

Total speculation of course but, who did Barry talk on the phone with on his way to "the scene" of Suzanne's obviously staged bike?

Wasn't he also a volunteer FF? Would he be considered a "public official"? The legal docs say the crime occured on May 10, 2020 so... is it possible GD's interview with LE lead to this charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle