Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total speculation of course but, who did Barry talk on the phone with on his way to "the scene" of Suzanne's obviously staged bike?

Wasn't he also a volunteer FF? Would he be considered a "public official"? The legal docs say the crime occured on May 10, 2020 so... is it possible GD's interview with LE lead to this charge?

Yep.

Gosh the DA is very austere and doesn’t seem at all approachable. Neither her or the Sheriff had a list of the charges with them and struggled to remember them although the DA finally summarised by ad lib. It may be just me but I don’t like the way in which the DA has turned her back to the press asking questions and on the couple of questions that she came forth to answer, rather than be professional and wait at the Lecturn for further questions, she repeatedly turns her back which I find unprofessional. She is also dressed unprofessionally so all I can ask is that these have no bearing on her ability to perform her role as DA and that she is in fact an excellent DA who will ensure that Suzanne Morphew gets justice . I really don’t feel that we have learned anything new at all other than BM being charged but emphasis placed , rightly , on innocent until proven guilty. I stopped the presser at 15 minutes In as I was getting frustrated so I will now return to complete watching it and I hope that more information is forthcoming and that I have to eat crow ! I really thought that with the build up before the presser, the Sheriff would announce that either Suzanne had been found or they had investigative leads as to where she lies . I also thought that the DA would give more details about the case , albeit I understand that it is better to limit the information . I feel quite deflated . RIP sweet lady Suzanne Morphew x

We were so impatient for an arrest but I'm so glad the investigation took its time to ensure that Barry isn't going anywhere except to jail. Kudos to all the investigators who remained tight lipped for a whole year. I would have loved to see him arrested during some taped mealy-mouthed tribute to Suzanne on the 1st anniversary of her going 'missing' so I could watch it over and over.

We don't know for sure. But she reached out to a local domestic violence group and apparently started attending. Big clue there. Then, there are the controlling body language pictures.

I suspect there was financial abuse (he used her money to buy the Puma Path house - and is still abusing her money because he sold that house and is going to put the money into his defense - which is also financial abuse of his daughters).

Salida residents have posted in various facebook groups about things said at the local high school and in town about the fear that some of Barry's family members had of him and his temper.

Frankly, having to live with someone who goes off and punches a work associate is scary. Being impulsive and hotheaded is foundational to most abusers - and then of course, there are the fancy vacations and the extensive making up periods (which Suzanne's love note to Barry indicates to me).

That "choke hold" hug that he uses is, in my opinion, rarely used past high school by couples who value each others' autonomy.

The "Oh, Suzanne" at the beginning of the video is a way of blaming Suzanne for what happened to her. Nearly all or all abusers think it's the victim's fault when they lose it. "You made me do it" is in those words and all over his face.

She, on the other hand, always looks incredibly sweet, conciliatory and mild. That was their dynamic. Him, tough guy Tarzan with the guns and the hunting (he is not a great hunter, that was part of his act), and her, sweetly standing by her man.

Selling the Indiana property (half of the money would have been hers) was obviously in the works before she died, but selling the Colorado property was not - he, the murderer, went to court and got control of his victim's money right under the nose of the investigators and all of us watching.

So, I think we'll find out that he terrorized Suzanne with his temper and his tantrums, but right now I believe there's good evidence of a financially controlling husband and I regard that as abuse.
Hi. Thank you. I regard that as abuse as well. I had forgotten a lot and feel bad you typed out all that. Thanks again.

What a bunch of baloney from the DA. We learnt nothing except they didn't find her remains and how great the police work was that took a year to arrest Barry.

So you think the DA should now blow the whole case by polluting the jury?

Why do you think she should have told us the details at this point in time?

Why would any competent prosecutor risk that - for what reason? Because people on the internet want to know? We do not have the right to know - but the Court does.

Me too! My partner and I thought she is exactly the person we’d picture being the DA in Salida. And she is not happy about folks second-guessing investigators. A strong, no-nonsense mountain woman.
I really like her, but seems like some people really don't.

<modsnip> It was clear she is the D.A. in charge. No doubt about that.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
well......
ok, the fact that BM has been arrested on murder 1 charges, and that this DA stated, that would not have happened today if not for a strong case...then I have to believe they DO have strong solid evidence but cannot talk about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021