Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mugshot
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390063252097290245?s=21
5EFD6596-A833-44AB-B710-0827E1A0125F.jpeg
ETA:
“MUGSHOT of Barry Morphew. He will have his first appearance tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. Suzanne’s body has NOT been recovered. The investigation is still ongoing despite this arrest and no one else has been arrested, according to DA Linda Stanley. @FOX21News
3:58 PM · May 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone (local time)

I still think that bobcat was parked weird ages ago by the trailer.
***gasp*** maybe they found her blood on the bobcat?????
As much as I hate to type this, I'm thinking brain matter.:( In the Mackenzie Lueck case it seems like I remember them being pretty sure she was deceased because they found brain matter at the suspects house.

I may be skeptical of the DA - but I really liked Spezee & was clear he needed to step up to the plate & he did....he was professional & really dodged that question about how they came to believe it was homicide versus a missing person...lol....professional right there: you hardly noticed he didn't answer!!

IMO
I noticed that too...after he commented what a great question that was! Lol :p Sounded like Lauren Scarf asking the question too.

So they don’t have the official cause of death (obviously) but they have a theory of what happened based on the evidence they have but that could change as they discover more. I’m impressed! I wonder how strong the evidence is.

With the exception of the Watts case, my two, previous cases in Colorado were both no-body case convictions (Berreth and Schelling murders).

IMO, I think a good combination of forensic, physical, eyewitness, and behavioral evidence has been the key to their success. Multiple types of evidence can make up for no-body. Jurors understand this.

Your post and mine said virtually the same- great minds think alike! I really wasn’t feeling any real confidence from the way in which she spoke and I found her to be very austere and unapproachable. You would have thought that considering we have had virtually no crumbs for almost one full year, that the DA and Sheriff would have shared some of the more minor details that don’t impact the case by their release and at least they would have rewarded us with tidbits. But not even that! They still need the public onside to assist in strengthening the case by finding the body of SM but I don’t think that their approach is one of encouragement, which is what’s needed, if they want and expect people to come forward with the pertinent details. ALL MOO
I feel almost like a child who has been chastised when listening to the few words that the DA spoke or was it more of a bark.... quite disappointing all round albeit I am pleased that finally we are on the way to obtaining justice for SM
All JMOO
Pardon my observation, but you may be taking the presser too personal. My own 2 cents - they don’t need to do anything to poison a potential jury, they have sufficient evidence to find him guilty according to the DA, or BM wouldn’t have been arrested. We’ll find out a few more details at his arraignment or advisement I’m sure, but most details won’t come out until the trial. Personally, I hope BM will be offered some kind of deal which may knock off “a couple” of years for the information that leads to SMs body, but of course he still needs life without parole. All MOO

Wow, just read the news.
I had always faith in LE and was sure this day will come, but I wasn’t expecting it right now. Although, I was definitely hoping it won’t take many more years.
So here we are, now justice for Suzanne can finally begin for real.

I feel extremely happy and incredibly sad at the same time. I hope the girls have a good support system and know that Suzanne’s side of the family too are loving them and know they are not against them, they just want Justice for Suzanne. This must be so confusing.

It’s time for me to go to sleep, however, I’m not sure I will be able to fall a sleep anytime soon...

Honestly, we might have seen that LE had a solid case last fall but with the elections and a new DA coming into place, the old DA wouldn’t touch it and the new DA needed to do her due diligence. LE might have had this thing cooked in October.

Mugshot
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390063252097290245?s=21
View attachment 295959
ETA:
“MUGSHOT of Barry Morphew. He will have his first appearance tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. Suzanne’s body has NOT been recovered. The investigation is still ongoing despite this arrest and no one else has been arrested, according to DA Linda Stanley. @FOX21News
3:58 PM · May 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone (local time)

Looks like he's aged a lot in one year, almost doesn't look like him.

Arrest made in Suzanne Morphew case - Chaffee County Sheriff

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Salida, Colorado

PRESS RELEASE
May 5, 2021

NEWS RELEASE

Arrest Made in Suzanne Morphew Case in Chaffee County

May 5, 2021–Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office–The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office announced that Barry Morphew (DOB: 10/17/1967), Poncha Springs, was arrested on Murder in the First Degree (F1), Tampering with Physical Evidence (F6) and Attempt to Influence a Public Servant (F4) in connection with the murder of Suzanne Morphew.

Barry Morphew, the husband of Suzanne Morphew, was taken into custody without incident by Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office deputies at approximately 9:15 a.m., near his home in Poncha Spring on Highway 50. He is being held at the Chaffee County Detention Facility without bond. A mugshot of Morphew is attached to this news release.

Morphew’s first court date will be the advisement where any bond arguments will be heard. That hearing will be held at the Chaffee County Courthouse at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 6. The arrest warrant is sealed at this time.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office and its partners have spent thousands of hours in the effort to locate the mother of two who went missing on May 10, 2020.

More than 70 investigators from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and dozens of local law enforcement agency partners have provided their expertise on this case, executed more than 135 search warrants across Colorado, and have interviewed more than 400 individuals in multiple states. The team has also investigated more than 1,400 tips generated from within and outside of law enforcement.

With charges being presented in the investigation, the media function shifts to the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office. All media inquiries should be directed to 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Barry looks awful. At least he's had a rough year.

I thought the PC was fine but I really disagree with sealed arrest warrants. These are public documents. There is no reason to seal it if he's in custody and there are no other pending arrests. The trial is at least a year away and these are supposed to be facts which would be admissible to a jury anyway. I say this not as a nosy person (which I definitely am) but because it is important for the whole system to have transparency when the state is going to take someone's liberty away - even when they 100% deserve it.

Chaffee County Sheriff's office Press release is up. Not much new information. His mugshot is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

"Morphew’s first court date will be the advisement where any bond arguments will be heard. That hearing will be held at the Chaffee County Courthouse at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 6. The arrest warrant is sealed at this time."

Arrest made in Suzanne Morphew case - Chaffee County Sheriff

Oh, Barry.

What did you do to your hair?

He kinda looks surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics