Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mugshot
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390063252097290245?s=21
View attachment 295959
ETA:
“MUGSHOT of Barry Morphew. He will have his first appearance tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. Suzanne’s body has NOT been recovered. The investigation is still ongoing despite this arrest and no one else has been arrested, according to DA Linda Stanley. @FOX21News
3:58 PM · May 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone (local time)

I don't know why but this photo of him makes me feel so sad, and not as angry at him as I've been for the last year, girlfriends and all. There is something so obviously broken within his soul in that mugshot, and my heart is absolutely broken for his daughters, and his mom, and Suzanne's family. You did not have to do this, Barry. I don't know. I'll sleep on that thought. Thank you, fellow Websleuther's, old and new, for your enthusiasm in seeing this case to justice. It's been a wild ride.

Last edited:
I looked up the language on the statute:
§ 18-8-306. Attempt to influence a public servant :: 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia
Any person who attempts to influence any public servant by means of deceit or by threat of violence or economic reprisal against any person or property (BBM), with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning any matter which is to be considered or performed by him or the agency or body of which he is a member, commits a class 4 felony.
Attempting to Influence a Public Servant 18-8-306 | Denver Crime Lawyer (hmichaelsteinberg.com)
What Then is a Public Servant?
Under the very broad definition of a public servant in this law a police officer is without doubt a public servant.

A “public servant,” as envisioned in section 18-8-306 CRS, and is defined as follows:

“any officer or employee of government, whether elected or appointed, and any person participating as an advisor, consultant, process server, or otherwise in performing a governmental function, but the term does not include witnesses. “

A police officer, as an employee of the government, is a public servant. The definition is so expansive; it encompasses almost every employee of the government and even includes non-employees performing government functions. (BBM)

I read this as somewhat narrowly defined action - either a bribe, a threat, or possibly the manipulation of a public official that made them an unknowing accomplice to a crime (such as tampering with evidence??) But the definition of public servant is fairly broad and it seems would include firefighters - so if BM manipulated someone in the CCFD to help him, say, tamper with/destroy evidence - I think that might qualify here. JMO, MOO.
I know I’m still catching up but I wonder if he tried to bribe Sheriff Spezze as he was a family friend. The girls played HS volleyball together. MOO

Mugshot
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390063252097290245?s=21
View attachment 295959
ETA:
“MUGSHOT of Barry Morphew. He will have his first appearance tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. Suzanne’s body has NOT been recovered. The investigation is still ongoing despite this arrest and no one else has been arrested, according to DA Linda Stanley. @FOX21News
3:58 PM · May 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone (local time)
Hope that it was worth it, Barry...Now, you'll be spending all of that blood money on lawyers. Poetic justice.

JMO.

The "with deliberation" is getting to me. To add that to the murder charge, they must have something solid that points to that, rather than it being a rage/spontaneous/even accidental killing, or unknown.

What do they have that shows he made preparations, I wonder.

I know there’s been disappointment with the PC, but they had to have one to announce his arrest and honor Suzanne. It’s likely we had way more time to absorb that info than usual because they gave press the time to drive out to Salida to attend - it’s a hike from the Denver area. Because of the delay, we already had time to get most of the info.

I also thought the DA was pretty sharp and competent. I actually wondered if maybe she was dressed undercover for some other visit today so as to not tip anyone off about the strength of a case, related or not (a la Dan May showing up at Gannon’s house, or KK in disguise at Kelsey’s home). I’m hopeful they’ll do this Justice.

I thought he has aged a lot too. Gratifying to think perhaps he has been consumed by ageing fear for the past year.
Maybe now he can confess and begin the process of being saved (while in prison for life) so Suzanne will be happy. What a great pile of dung he is.

He thought people are basically just too busy to notice the innocent being violated, well they are not too busy.

What can Barry bargain in exchange for the location of the body?
Barry seems like the type that has the mindset of "Prove it." I don't think that he will cooperate at all.

Just wait for the old "rush to judgment" and "Barry was their only suspect from Day One" mantra from the lawyers.

Last edited:
The "with deliberation" is getting to me. To add that to the murder charge, they must have something solid that points to that, rather than it being a rage/spontaneous/even accidental killing, or unknown.

What do they have that shows he made preparations, I wonder.
His search history on his electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member