Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock and roll. I know LE said it isn’t a time for celebration, but I’m personally having a toast to one more wife murderer off the streets and monster who snuffed out the beautiful life of a woman AND her daughters. Divorce too much for ya? How’s jail! Say hello to Watts, S and D Peterson, PF, and everyone else!
I'm going to celebrate as well. Happy, happy, happy today that Barry is behind bars! I will drink a margarita, LOL :D

I'm ok with the sealed AA. They have reason for it to be sealed. Maybe it's to protect someone who tipped them off in some way, or that particular individual alluded to.
Or maybe it will be unsealed after the bond issue is finalized.
Could it be sealed to give BM an opportunity to negotiate in exchange for telling where Suzanne is?

IDK if that's a possibility.

jmo

They just don’t make men like Sherrif Speeze anymore. Puts his head down, doesn’t need the spot light, does his job, and honors every promise he made while serving a higher cause.

Impressive to say the least.

...and lots of worry lines on his forehead
Yep stress can really accelerate aging. So can grief but he didn’t seem like he was grieving very much while he gained control of Suzanne’s assets and sold her home. I hope he hasn’t been taking steroids or illegal drugs because he isn’t going to get those in prison. Hard times ahead for Mr. Morphew...hope he enjoyed his almost year of freedom living on borrowed time while Suzanne’s body was rotting in the cold ground or wherever he put her. I had hoped he would confess and tell LE where she was but nope he’s going to ride with his lies to the bitter end.

I feel great satisfaction knowing that BM is now going to be sitting in a drab concrete cell, instead of roaming about in those beautiful Colorado mountains, and going on dates with pretty redheads.

Suzanne was a beautiful soul, and overcame such difficult times with her health.....what a monster to kill her.

In his recent video, Chris McDonough mentioned that BM was currently working on some kind of excavation or land moving work at the new amphitheater in Peru, Indiana.

It makes you wonder what was going through BM's mind as he was driving the roads of his native land -- pulling out of his childhood home driveway --for the very last time. Did he look back?

I don't know if the question about "murder with deliberation" has been answered yet. I am no where near caught up.

"Prior to 1974, Colorado’s definition of first-degree murder under 18-3-102 C.R.S. included the language that the alleged murderer acted “with premeditated intent to cause death…” Now the language is that the alleged murderer acted “after deliberation and with intent to cause death…” Essentially, they mean the same thing: That first-degree murder in Colorado requires the killer to have thought about killing the victim before actually carrying out the fatal act.

Note that this act of thinking about killing someone can be for a very short period of time, even just a second. But this moment of deliberation and premeditation separates first-degree murder from second degree murder in Colorado, which is killing without premeditation or deliberation. Instead, second degree murder includes intentional and extremely reckless acts which result in an unintended death."

What are "premeditation and deliberation" in Colorado murder cases?
Thank you for the post. Great read and info. So, basically the same thing as
“pre-meditation” just new wording?

Video: See the moment Barry Morphew was arrested | FOX31 Denver

"Morphew was arrested around 9:15 a.m. on Wednesday, May 5 near his home in Poncha Springs. FOX31 News has obtained video of the arrest, which shows his truck stopped on the side of the road near several police vehicles. He can be seen standing just off the road with an officer."

(Sorry, I can't seem to embed the video but you can watch it at this link)

Pardon my observation, but you may be taking the presser too personal. My own 2 cents - they don’t need to do anything to poison a potential jury, they have sufficient evidence to find him guilty according to the DA, or BM wouldn’t have been arrested. We’ll find out a few more details at his arraignment or advisement I’m sure, but most details won’t come out until the trial. Personally, I hope BM will be offered some kind of deal which may knock off “a couple” of years for the information that leads to SMs body, but of course he still needs life without parole. All MOO
We can agree to disagree on the first line of your post albeit I got from your post that you were not feeling it either ? So I’m confused and I certainly didn’t say anything about poisoning a potential jury . I am a SIO in the U.K. and the way In which the presser was presented was far removed from the way that we operate. I didn’t say that they didn’t have enough to find him guilty - I was quoting the DA. Although with any murder without a body, there’s always a huge risk no matter what evidence, circumstantial or otherwise that you have. I just didn’t find it very professional and if I was interview or gave a press release as I have done many times in Murder enquiries, I would know my evidence and charges for arraignment back to front. Anyway , as I said , agree to disagree although we both want the best outcomes of justice for SM
And all of her family, especially her daughters. Good night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member