Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. But, having adopted children myself and an expanded circle that involves families with foster children, I know too well what a removal can do to a child.

I have heard plenty of horror stories about that type of thing. But keeping his children around a father who has molested family members in the past and views toddler children being raped is actively putting them in danger every second he is with them. He has shown who he is through his actions: a pedophilic, child-molesting sex pest. The kids are NOT safe with him.

I hear ya. But, having adopted children myself and an expanded circle that involves families with foster children, I know too well what a removal can do to a child.
Any child that has been removed from families have already been damaged by the very reason that they were removed. Removing them did not cause the damage, the behavior toward them leading to them being removed, did most of the damage, sometimes being sexual abuse.

I would like to know WHO taught Josh to set up his computer in a way that would allow him to do this undetected (by his wife). This man was educated at the dining room table by his mother. That is not a knock on homeschooling in general but on Duggar homeschooling in particular. They don't teach computer literacy so where the heck did he learn this?
According to Google it's fairly easy to override filters on Covenant Eyes and other monitoring programs. There's a bazillion hits for advice and instructions. In some cases it's as easy as using a different browser.

Leaving them in a bad situation is worse though. Kudos to you for taking in children and giving them a decent,safe place from that.

I agree and thank you. Right now, there is no evidence suggesting the kids are being left in a dangerous situation. I’m not saying it is impossible. I’m saying we need to be patient and let CPS do their job. Rushing in and removing children, without evidence, is detrimental to all.

Hopefully the family will be strongly encouraged to seek professional advice on how to explain Josh's arrest to the kids. I also hope federal agents interview the oldest girl as a precautionary measure.
They've got to assess all the children IMO. LE made clear the CSA imagery corresponded to the ages of ALL his children.

According to Google it's fairly easy to override filters on Covenant Eyes and other monitoring programs. There's a bazillion hits for advice and instructions. In some cases it's as easy as using a different browser.
If one has to have such a program in the first place it's time to kick someone to the curb. MOO

They've got to assess all the children IMO. LE made clear the CSA imagery corresponded to the ages of ALL his children.

Agree 100%, as well as his nieces and nephews. If I went to church with them and was not with my kids 100% of the time, I’d have them interviewed by a counselor, psychologist, doctor, someone!

HOW IS HE BEING RELEASED???? Why is he NOT BEING HELD??? Even if he is convicted in July, that's 2+ months for him to do God knows what! And the "couple" is connected to the Duggars, so you know they won't take this seriously and will just cover for him. I guess Jim Bob got his money's worth with that lawyer. Imo
The couple will be answerable to LE, though, correct? Infractions will be on them?

PARTIAL CONDITIONS OF RELEASE LIST
  • Home custody with GPS monitoring
  • Live with a third-party custodian
  • Restricted to the home at all times except for court obligations, church, etc. Additional locations must be pre-approved by the probation officer.
  • Report to the probation officer.
  • No possession or viewing erotica at any time
  • No possession of the internet and electronics. Not ask or obtain password(s) of the third-party custodian.
  • Contact allowed with his children as long as his wife is present.
  • Not possess control substances, no firearms, surrender passport, and not obtain one.
  • The residence must not have minor children.
  • If any conditions are violated an additional prison sentence of up to 10 years may be imposed.
  • Josh Duggar granted release Thursday with hefty list of stipulations
Yeah, good luck with that. Oh, also a minor clarification regarding the ages of child sexual exploitation material Josh downloaded: a link posted upthread said one file came from a place (site) where images were of kids as young as 18 months but the youngest images found on Josh's computer were of 5 year olds. Minor distinction for now at least but we should have the facts, which are horrific enough.

I wouldn’t tolerate my hubby watching *advertiser censored*. It’s amazing how many subscribe to adult sites. That is what the Covenant Eyes is supposed to guard against.

Yeah, but you would hope your husband would make his own choices to not watch *advertiser censored* out of respect for you, not have to babysit him and block him from it. At least that's what most women would prefer imo

Agree 100%

That's what bothers me about it. I think not wanting or tolerating your partner watching *advertiser censored* is a perfectly reasonable boundary, but I think services like Covenant Eyes are just weird and pointless. Because if you have to babysit them and force them not to they're not doing it out of respect for you and your boundaries. Imo

• Josh Duggar, 33, has pleaded not guilty to receiving and possessing child *advertiser censored* after he was arrested and charged in Arkansas last week
  • A Homeland Security agent testified the images found on Duggar's computer were 'in the top five of the worst of the worst that I've ever had to examine'
  • The agent testified they found 65 child *advertiser censored* images showing a young girl
  • They also allegedly found a two-minute video that showed a man performing sex acts on two young girls, aged between five and 10 years old
  • Two hundred child *advertiser censored* images found on the computer were located in 'unallocated space', which means someone tried to delete them
  • Investigators had seized Duggar's computer and cellphone during a 2019 raid on his now-closed car dealership, Wholesale Motorcars
Josh Duggar to be released on bail until his child *advertiser censored* trial in July | Daily Mail Online

If you look at the FBI’s Facebook page, they post pictures sometimes of a room in someone’s home hoping it will look familiar to someone. They are investigating sex crimes against children that happened in these rooms. These pictures/videos are uploaded by users to be sold & shared. These are the vile images Josh Duggar is watching. The details released today on the ages of these victims is.... I don’t even know how to complete this sentence it’s that awful. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4