Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the FBI’s Facebook page, they post pictures sometimes of a room in someone’s home hoping it will look familiar to someone. They are investigating sex crimes against children that happened in these rooms. These pictures/videos are uploaded by users to be sold & shared. These are the vile images Josh Duggar is watching. The details released today on the ages of these victims is.... I don’t even know how to complete this sentence it’s that awful. IMO
For me, this is begging a question....

What do you think the odds are Josh was watching child sexual abuse on computers in the lead up to assaulting his sisters?

I'm thinking that perhaps he was a very small piece of scum in a large pond, and they didn't want to potentially risk operations they had ongoing to catch some bigger fish.
All JMO
That's what I think. There had to be a reason to focus on Josh. They already had the evidence. And they got it via snooping the "big fish".
There was a "big fish" arrest (international child assault/"*advertiser censored*" ring that involved the FBI) in Germany 1-2 weeks before Josh was arrested. Coincidence?

U.S. District Judge Christy Comstock said she was concerned about the community in which Duggar will be released.

"It’s not the average defendant who can operate in the black web and partition their computer and bypass sophisticated monitoring devices," Comstock said. "The evidence that the court has heard today is significant, and frankly, the victims of your crime — if you committed it — concern the court."
The judge also referenced Duggar's past admission that he molested his younger siblings when he was a teenager, an allegation that came out in a 2015 In Touch magazine report. Duggar released a statement at the time saying he "acted inexcusably" and was "extremely sorry."
The judge said she was "greatly concerned" that the subjects of the abusive images were close in age to his own children, nieces and nephews.

“I keep coming back to this overriding concern that the court has about the children that you live and interact with on a daily basis and the crimes that you are charged with," Comstock said.
Josh Duggar granted release but not allowed to return home in alleged child sex abuse image case

More at the link.

“I have full confidence in the United States Marshal Service to find you if you decide not to comply with these conditions of release, so don’t make me regret this decision," Comstock said after a four-hour hearing conducted over Zoom.

“You won’t, your honor, thank you very much,” responded Duggar.
“He has shown the court he has a history dating back 20 years that shows a sexual attraction to children and the deviousness of his activity," Assistant U.S. Attorney Carly Marshall said.
Agent Gerald Faulkner said multiple child *advertiser censored* files were found on the computer and that more than 200 images had been found on the computer that had been deleted.
Josh Duggar granted release as he awaits child *advertiser censored* trial

20 years - let that sink in...

That's what I think. There had to be a reason to focus on Josh. They already had the evidence. And they got it via snooping the "big fish".
There was a "big fish" arrest (international child assault/"*advertiser censored*" ring that involved the FBI) in Germany 1-2 weeks before Josh was arrested. Coincidence?
I think that you are mistaken about the German case. That website was set up after JD was found with the material. The dark web and not so dark web is full of them.
Private, password accessed groups are not accessible to non members, so searches do not bring up content of them.

“I have full confidence in the United States Marshal Service to find you if you decide not to comply with these conditions of release, so don’t make me regret this decision," Comstock said after a four-hour hearing conducted over Zoom.

“You won’t, your honor, thank you very much,” responded Duggar.
“He has shown the court he has a history dating back 20 years that shows a sexual attraction to children and the deviousness of his activity," Assistant U.S. Attorney Carly Marshall said.
Agent Gerald Faulkner said multiple child *advertiser censored* files were found on the computer and that more than 200 images had been found on the computer that had been deleted.
Josh Duggar granted release as he awaits child *advertiser censored* trial

20 years - let that sink in...

I don’t understand how he only has two charges???

oh, how I hope and pray you are wrong. No offense and nothing personal. I just so hope he had a single shred of decency to draw the line at his family. (Not that he hasn’t hurt them by putting himself in this situation.) Also, please don’t think I’m downplaying the children he has victimized over and over again by viewing those pictures and video. I’m just really, really hoping...

oh, how I hope and pray you are wrong. No offense and nothing personal. I just so hope he had a single shred of decency to draw the line at his family. (Not that he hasn’t hurt them by putting himself in this situation.) Also, please don’t think I’m downplaying the children he has victimized over and over again by viewing those pictures and video. I’m just really, really hoping...
His sister and cousins are family.

Where did you read that the Linux partition was hidden? I may have missed that part. :)

I tried looking for the original source where I read that but now I can't find it. That's for calling that out, I guess I was mistaken. Perhaps it was a comment on another site mentioning that the partition was hidden from Covenant Eyes, not that it was a hidden partition.

Even so, Josh would have needed to know what he was looking for to find out how to set up that partition. The average internet user likely doesn't even know that partitioning your computer is a thing you can do. And Linux only has about 2% market share vs ~16% of iOS and ~75% for Windows. It's really not common.

I suppose if you read a lot of tech websites or magazines you'd know about it but what are the chances Josh Duggar reads something like Wired or Lifehacker? lol

Of great concern to me is that the material found includes children as young as 18 months. It is possible that this man has indeed harmed young children who may have no memory of his abuse.

If any child of his has been abused or shown material:
As he is in the home with his children under the eye of his wife, it could make any disclosures harder to get because his children will feel conflicted by their love of their father, the impression that he can and will gain access to them even if accused of a crime of sexual content and young children, and not necessarily feel that mom will protect them.

I can only imagine that the judge had gotten children services information that lead her to believe that his children had not been abused or been given access to child *advertiser censored* or inappropriate images of adults.

I tried looking for the original source where I read that but now I can't find it. That's for calling that out, I guess I was mistaken. Perhaps it was a comment on another site mentioning that the partition was hidden from Covenant Eyes, not that it was a hidden partition.

Even so, Josh would have needed to know what he was looking for to find out how to set up that partition. The average internet user likely doesn't even know that partitioning your computer is a thing you can do. And Linux only has about 2% market share vs ~16% of iOS and ~75% for Windows. It's really not common.

I suppose if you read a lot of tech websites or magazines you'd know about it but what are the chances Josh Duggar reads something like Wired or Lifehacker? lol
It's in DOS for Dummies. Although in my case it should be DOS for Dumb@$$es. I crashed a computer messing around. I misunderstood,and thought it was so nifty that you can do that. And did it just for fun,and just like that poof. I killed it. I had no idea what I was doing. I realized right quick that I'm not a computer wiz. Someone told afterward you only that when you set a computer up. Not after when you have all kinds of stuff on it.

I think that you are mistaken about the German case. That website was set up after JD was found with the material. The dark web and not so dark web is full of them.
Private, password accessed groups are not accessible to non members, so searches do not bring up content of them.
Actually, the German site, Boystown, existed since at least June 2019. This doesn't mean it necessarily came after, nor that it wasn't being investigated in May 2019.
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...r-massive-child-*advertiser censored*-website

About the third-party custodians:
- Are they compensated/paid? It sounds like they are giving up the income from piano lessons?
- Would they face consequences for allowing Internet access?
- Are they allowed to back out of the arrangement?
- Does anyone verify that firearms & internet are secure?
- Is Josh allowed to be in their home by himself? If so, for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname