Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing about taxes and I'm sure someone with more real estate experience than me will chime in, but I was under contract for a house that needed certain repairs (identified during the inspection) done before we would take the house. The sellers were willing to do the (big) repairs and the price of the house would go up accordingly. So I don't think it's too crazy if things came up during the inspection?
Typically, those kinds of things are negotiated before close and recording of the initial contract - after an offer is accepted contingent on inspection, inspection comes up with something, the two parties negotiate who is going to fix or improve it and they come to final terms BEFORE anything other than initial earnest money is handed over. People don't release down payment, make payments on the contract for a year, make real estate tax payments over the term of the contract and THEN negotiate those things. That would make them like renters who made a big initial rent payment and then monthly payments throughout the course of the contract, but who could still be evicted if they wouldn't agree to final terms when the land contract term ends. (I do not know the terms of the Land Contract here, so if there was no initial down payment and the buyers simply made monthly payments equivalent to market rent, that would be a different story.)

Regardless, if it was something like that, don't you think it odd that NEITHER party was willing to cough up the roughly $3,200 in real estate taxes when due a year into the Land Contract? The other parties to the Land Contract paid the RE taxes on time when they were due in Fall 2019. So, it seems apparent to me that whatever dispute there was arose after November 6, 2019 (when buyers paid the Fall 2019 RE taxes 6 days before they were due) and before May 11, 2020 (when spring RE taxes were due).

Edited to correct dates.

Last edited:
Can someone refresh my memory about who GD is?
George Davis. Barry’s neighbor and Firefighter buddy. He’s the guy Barry referred to in the TD video, paraphrased: “my buddy, he knows all about these things, he did 400 tours in Iraq and helped us search a 200 mile radius..” :rolleyes:

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I don’t recall if we were allowed to talk about this prior or not, but BM’s Sunday alibi is a mess.

BREAKING: Missing Suzanne Morphew husband Barry Morphew’s ‘alibi’ questioned as new details surface about landscaping job Mother’s Day weekend [VIDEO]

Barry Morphew was contracted for the Broomfield job by a company based in Indiana, where he and Suzanne lived until 2018. Scharf said in her report that a general contracting company, Garrett Construction LLC, outsourced the job to E. A. Outdoor Services, LCC. That company then hired Morphew, who appears to have been working as an independent contractor since moving to Colorado, where he also works as a volunteer firefighter.

The president of E.A. Outdoor Services, LLC is Tony Miller, who Scharf revealed in the video is a longtime friend of Barry Morphew’s. Scharf said that Miller himself hired Barry for the job, and the report suggests a lack of transparency about the work assignment.

“None of the public documents I dug up for this job ever mention Barry Morphew,” Scharf said.

A worker for E.A. Outdoor Services who reportedly spoke to Scharf on the condition of anonymity expressed doubts about Morphew’s alibi — and also said they knew nothing about Barry Morphew until after Suzanne Morphew disappeared.

According to the report, the Indiana-based source said the original retaining wall job took place in October 2019, but the work was considered poorly done. Morphew and his subcontractors were reportedly scheduled to return to fix and complete the job on Monday, May 11 — raising the question of why Barry Morphew arrived to Broomfield a full day ahead of the planned work.

The source also said that the work was not considered particularly urgent, according to the new report.

Further, Scharf said she found that the city of Broomfield did not issue a special permit for work on the site to be completed on a weekend, which city ordinances reportedly require.

A Colorado-based contractor who worked for Barry Morphew told Scharf that when they arrived to the site on Monday, May 11, it looked as though Barry had done about half an hour of work. But the Indiana-based source who works for E.A. Outdoor Services told Scharf they did not believe Barry did any work on the wall that Sunday.

“Him having to be there on Sunday, Mother’s Day, to do that job was a lie — because we wouldn’t have allowed that if we had known,” the worker said.

Interviews and documents Scharf collected reportedly show that necessary equipment for the work in May was never ordered. One of Barry’s contractors told Scharf that they tried to do what work they could on that May Monday with the tools available to them, but acknowledged it was inadequate.

As Scharf notes in her report, the E. A. Outdoor Services LLC’s website states that all landscaping jobs are monitored daily.

“So my question is: Who from E.A. Outdoor Services was monitoring Barry on Sunday, when he started the project on the wall?,” Scharf asked in the video.

Scharf called Tony Miller, the president of E.A. Outdoor Services, to ask him that question. Miller said only, “No comment,” according to Scharf.

The E.A. Outdoor Services worker who spoke on the condition of anonymity spoke more candidly.

“None of it made any sense at the time, and it does not today,” they said.

I believe your itemization is correct except the couple's former IN residence was sold on a contract a year in advance of SM's death where the installment contract wasn't scheduled to complete until June 2020 -- requiring BM to petition for Guardianship of SM to sign the paperwork at closing (jointly-owned property).

The Guardianship requirement was extreme -- given most couples in a 20+ year marriage typically have durable powers of attorney for each other for such events. Public records indicate that SM had a history of providing BM limited POA where his authority limited to a specific real estate transaction. The Guardianship powers proved valuable to BM -- enabling him to sell their Colorado jointly owned residence with BM acting on her behalf.

The ownership of the condo where BM was last living is unknown.

MOO
All the major news outlets have been broadcasting Barry’s arrest nationwide & internationally via tv, print, online, etc. The Morphew name is an unusual name. If the judge in Colorado becomes aware of Barry’s arrest for premeditated murder of his wife, would the judge have a responsibility to the courts to intervene?

Yes, I noticed the walking steps ahead, no door holding, etc immediately too! Who in their right mind dates a guy who’s wife of 25 years mysteriously disappears and the husband doesn’t give a hoot about finding her? UGH MOO
I actually think Barry is being paranoid and figures that he is being watched 24-7. This is his "clever" way of pretending that he isn't romantically involved with this woman.

I bet that Barry told her that they would run in and get the "take out" food and leave as quickly as possible. She's just going along with "his plan."

For the life of me, I can't understand how these women don't use their common sense and avoid him like the plague. It seems that they buy his story hook, line and sinker that police have unfairly targeted him because the "husband" always gets blamed.

What are these women and his friends thinking now? I bet that some of them still believe that Barry is being railroaded. Can't wait for the evidence to come out that proves him guilty and they realize that their friend is a wife murderer.

I hope that I am wrong, but Barry doesn't seem like the type who will ever admit that he is guilty of killing Suzanne...unless the evidence is so convincing and so damning that he decides to take a plea deal that will afford him some type of life after prison.

I imagine all of the money from selling all of the assets are now in Barry's name. I wish that the judge would freeze at least half of that money. I don't know how it works; however, I can't see Barry willingly transferring the money to the kids' names unless it somehow benefits him.

Can someone refresh my memory about who GD is?

Are we allowed to sleuth Barry now?

GD is Barry’s Salida buddy with the “400 Iraq tours” who Barry referred to several times, his name is George Davis, apparently didn’t live too far from the Puma Path home.

Edited to answer your question about sleuthing Barry, yes, we can now that he’s been arrested as the murder suspect. I’m going Reread the rules to refresh my memory of what can be sleuthed!

I actually think Barry is being paranoid and figures that he is being watched 24-7. This is his "clever" way of pretending that he isn't romantically involved with this woman.

I bet that Barry told her that they would run in and get the "take out" food and leave as quickly as possible. She's just going along with "his plan."

For the life of me, I can't understand how these women don't use their common sense and avoid him like the plague. It seems that they buy his story hook, line and sinker that police have unfairly targeted him because the "husband" always gets blamed.

What are these women and his friends thinking now? I bet that some of them still believe that Barry is being railroaded. Can't wait for the evidence to come out that proves him guilty and they realize that their friend is a wife murderer.

I hope that I am wrong, but Barry doesn't seem like the type who will ever admit that he is guilty of killing Suzanne...unless the evidence is so convincing and so damning that he decides to take a plea deal that will afford him some type of life after prison.

I imagine all of the money from selling all of the assets are now in Barry's name. I wish that the judge would freeze at least half of that money. I don't know how it works; however, I can't see Barry willingly transferring the money to the kids' names unless it somehow benefits him.

What I'm eager to find out is exactly how long he's had this lady friend. *side eye* Did she know Suzanne?

Just noticed the Morphew is finally been disabled. :rolleyes:

What I'm eager to find out is exactly how long he's had this lady friend. *side eye* Did she know Suzanne?

Just noticed the Morphew *** is finally been disabled. :rolleyes:
I wonder if there is even any money in the crowd funding account (which I never understood because this guy had access to loads of money).

I wonder who this woman is?? She looks fairly young.

I really am toying between two separate motives/theories here. One is very similar to Chris Watts’ and the excitement of a new life. The other relates to Suzanne having “had enough” and making steps to leave. Regardless, both motives have a strong financial underpinning, motivated by greed, along with a huge amount of narcissism on B’s part. All of this and the below is JMO.

Theory 1 - The new life!

Middle aged man, perhaps going through a mid life crisis, but also plagued by narcissism and the need to be adored. Hangs around with a younger crowd, gym go-er, wants to stay relevant. Appearances are important - the house, the cars, the beautiful wife and children, but it all became boring for him eventually. He wanted more. He wanted excitement that a new life could bring. He sought out that new life, perhaps found a new woman who adored him, perhaps one who idolised him, who put him on a pedestal and it made him feel good. Suzanne loved him, but it was too comfortable. She also saw the worst sides of him, and he didn’t like people knowing about those aspects of his character. Narcissists hate it when they are exposed. Suzanne’s recent C diagnosis set the wheels in motion. He left the relationship emotionally, not that he needed that as an excuse because he was morally lacking anyway. Suzanne recovered, and this messed up his plan(s) for his new life. He couldn’t leave her, there was too much at stake and he would lose everything. So, in order to have what he wanted, Suzanne needed to disappear. He set the wheels in motion. He could have everything they owned, plus his new life, if she were no longer around.

Theory 2 - Suzanne was ready to leave

After years of control, potentially abuse (perhaps psychologically, not necessary physically), Suzanne saw the light, took back control, and made plans to leave him. I only suggest the control and abuse based on reports from those who knew Barry suggesting that he was aggressive and controlling. He moved her away from everything and everyone she knew. Control. Isolation. I also reach my own conclusions about abuse from the photographs I’ve seen of B&S together. Yes she looks happy, but he looks like a “my way or the highway” type of character. I’m not for one second suggesting that Suzanne was meek and mild, but a loving wife and mother who wanted to keep everyone happy, until she realised she wasn’t happy.

Discussions had taken place ref a separation, it wouldn’t have ended well for Barry financially, so he wouldn’t let it happen. Suzanne would to move back to IN in this scenario, the IN house sale hadn’t been finalised so that worked in her favour, and she would block the sale. Regardless, a separation wouldn’t end well for Barry, they discussed lots of possible scenarios, and he wasn’t happy with any of them. He would lose everything. The beautiful family, the beautiful doting wife, the house, the cars. Essentially everything that allowed him to give off the impression of the perfect life. Everything that made him feel powerful. The only way to not lose these things, would be if Suzanne were to disappear.

In both scenarios, Barry was to gain from Suzanne’s disappearance. Plans were made, people were conveniently not around that weekend, flaky alibis were set up, and he made sure that Suzanne would no longer be a barrier to the life he wanted.

Referring back to his use of control, I think he strangled her. I think he (I’m sorry to say this) needed her body to be easy to dispose of so he dismembered her in the home (Andy M suggested that bleach had been smelt at the PP home and we know about the H Inn). I think she lay dead when he was at the work site Saturday morning, or parts of her anyway, when MG suggested that his behaviour was “off” and he sent her home early, because he knew what he had to get home to take care of business.

How he disposed of her I don’t know, but I feel that he did so across various locations, using his machinery, hence why the dogs picked up multiple scents in multiple locations.

What next? Well, my new life starts now! Gotta sell the IN home! Gotta sell the PP home after I manipulate my daughters in to no longer wanting to live there! Gotta sell the land. Let’s free up some assets and build a new life! A new girlfriend who may or may not have been in the picture romantically before Suzanne disappeared Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online and essentially, the life which motivated him to do what he did in the first place.

Now? In custody. Will lose everything. The life he used to want. The life he no longer wanted. The life he came to want. Gone!

I hope it was all worth it Barry! And this is why I prefer cats to humans :(

I doubt he could have dismembered her in the house, knowing police would be checking their house within a day or 2. That would be really hard to get all traces of that removed. I think he killed her just before he went to Denver, had her body in the car and buried somewhere on the way to or near Denver. The bleach in the hotel room could be a red herring as was mentioned earlier unless he was not too bright and thought having the bleach smell everywhere in the room wouldn't be noticed. If he did bury her near Denver, he may have wanted to be sure any remaining odor from himself would be gone by the time police went to the room.

COURT TV episode last night 12:30sec length, Vinci’s Politan had Mike & Chris from @ProfilingEvil on to discuss arrest of BM. Chris stated BM had a large trailer parked in front of his condo on Tuesday night, looked like BM was getting ready to make a major move, speculated maybe the reason BM was arrested at this time!!

Just watching this now, and Chris said that when he went out to Colorado, the night before the arrest, he noticed a big trailer parked in front of Barry's condo. He speculated that Barry was about ready to make a move, and that's why the DA pulled the trigger when she did. :eek:

George Davis. Barry’s neighbor and Firefighter buddy. He’s the guy Barry referred to in the TD video, paraphrased: “my buddy knows all about these things, helped search a 200 mile radius and did 400 tours in Iraq..” :rolleyes:

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuxanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Oh yes, the 200 mile radius. The "contractor" who doesn't seem familiar with 4th grade geometry.

I am reading Lauren Scharf's Twitter feed. She says Barry has public defenders! How in the heck can he qualify for public defenders? He has money to hire his own lawyers. Public defenders are Magdalena Rosa and Daniel Zettler.

Maybe, Barry has public defenders for this first hearing and will hire his own private lawyers in the near future.

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1390326403237810180

**So, I guess that his first hearing won't be televised??**

I don’t recall if we were allowed to talk about this prior or not, but BM’s Sunday alibi is a mess.

BREAKING: Missing Suzanne Morphew husband Barry Morphew’s ‘alibi’ questioned as new details surface about landscaping job Mother’s Day weekend [VIDEO]

Barry Morphew was contracted for the Broomfield job by a company based in Indiana, where he and Suzanne lived until 2018. Scharf said in her report that a general contracting company, Garrett Construction LLC, outsourced the job to E. A. Outdoor Services, LCC. That company then hired Morphew, who appears to have been working as an independent contractor since moving to Colorado, where he also works as a volunteer firefighter.

The president of E.A. Outdoor Services, LLC is Tony Miller, who Scharf revealed in the video is a longtime friend of Barry Morphew’s. Scharf said that Miller himself hired Barry for the job, and the report suggests a lack of transparency about the work assignment.

“None of the public documents I dug up for this job ever mention Barry Morphew,” Scharf said.

A worker for E.A. Outdoor Services who reportedly spoke to Scharf on the condition of anonymity expressed doubts about Morphew’s alibi — and also said they knew nothing about Barry Morphew until after Suzanne Morphew disappeared.

According to the report, the Indiana-based source said the original retaining wall job took place in October 2019, but the work was considered poorly done. Morphew and his subcontractors were reportedly scheduled to return to fix and complete the job on Monday, May 11 — raising the question of why Barry Morphew arrived to Broomfield a full day ahead of the planned work.

The source also said that the work was not considered particularly urgent, according to the new report.

Further, Scharf said she found that the city of Broomfield did not issue a special permit for work on the site to be completed on a weekend, which city ordinances reportedly require.

A Colorado-based contractor who worked for Barry Morphew told Scharf that when they arrived to the site on Monday, May 11, it looked as though Barry had done about half an hour of work. But the Indiana-based source who works for E.A. Outdoor Services told Scharf they did not believe Barry did any work on the wall that Sunday.

“Him having to be there on Sunday, Mother’s Day, to do that job was a lie — because we wouldn’t have allowed that if we had known,” the worker said.

Interviews and documents Scharf collected reportedly show that necessary equipment for the work in May was never ordered. One of Barry’s contractors told Scharf that they tried to do what work they could on that May Monday with the tools available to them, but acknowledged it was inadequate.

As Scharf notes in her report, the E. A. Outdoor Services LLC’s website states that all landscaping jobs are monitored daily.

“So my question is: Who from E.A. Outdoor Services was monitoring Barry on Sunday, when he started the project on the wall?,” Scharf asked in the video.

Scharf called Tony Miller, the president of E.A. Outdoor Services, to ask him that question. Miller said only, “No comment,” according to Scharf.

The E.A. Outdoor Services worker who spoke on the condition of anonymity spoke more candidly.

“None of it made any sense at the time, and it does not today,” they said.

I wonder if the city permit process is where the attempt to influence a public official charge will factor in? We will have to wait for the affidavit to know what that’s all about.

Speaking of Barry having to pay big $$ for legal fees, Lauren Scharf's Twitter says he currently has 2 public defenders which is interesting.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
According to court documents, #BarryMorphew’s public defenders are Magdalena Rosa and Daniel Zettler. #findsuzanne
@FOX21News

10:23 AM · May 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
I'm on social security and a little savings, and I probably make too much to qualify for a public defender. so Mr I'm so cool big bucks is further soaking the citizens of the state.

I am guessing Barry was assigned lawyers for the first hearing because he has not retained qualified criminal defense attorneys yet. He would have to submit an "assets and liabilities" affidavit for the court listing his assets in order to qualify for a public defender or assigned counsel. It doesn't seem like he would qualify as indigent so I would bet this is a timing thing since he has a hearing today and he is entitled to counsel at any proceeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member