Identified! OR - Linn Co, Willamette National Forest, WhtFem 30-50, UP67939, curly short brown hair, Apr'20 - Grace Lorna Narvez-Weaver

this really clears things up! i was picturing the UID with hair a few inches long, in a sort of curly mini afro around the head...this composite sketch resembles Jessica and Sheena to me.

I wonder if they are able to tell whether or not she was balding a little bit on top? I know for Sheena in particular her family has said she had a bald spot right on the top of her head where her hair was thinning.

Linn County sheriff asks for help identifying human remains found near Sweet Home

Detectives seek help identifying human remains found in Linn Co.

HUMAN REMAINS FOUND EAST OF SWEET HOME - Linn County Sheriff's Office

Place Found:
•rural road within the Willamette National Forest
•Gordon Rd east of Sweet Home
•(more specifically) US Forest Service road 417, this area is approximately five miles up Gordon Road and is 13 miles east of Sweet Home.
upload_2020-5-7_20-40-14.jpeg
upload_2020-5-7_20-40-43.jpeg
•photos of area remains were found

•They believe she died anywhere from two months to a year before she was found.

upload_2020-5-7_20-36-33.jpeg
•sketches that were provided
•clothing similar to articles found w/ remains

hopefully the UID's DNA gets processed soon and entered so she can be compared with Jessica! I think typically it takes a little while to enter DNA samples, right?
Yes, generally, several months to a year, IMO.

has anyone (@Nsampson i know you first identified her) sent Dr. Vance an e-mail suggesting Sheena?

If no one else has I would be more than willing to send in the information about Sheena!

I'm trying to find more information about what she was wearing when she went missing but cant find anything other than jeans, a jacket, and a furry scarf

Hey everyone,

I got a response from Dr. Vance regarding Sheena Baca:

"Thank you for the heads-up on this potential match. You’re right, there’s not much we can do at this point, as Ms. Baca’s dental records and DNA have not been uploaded into the system we use (NamUs.gov) for comparison purposes. This is the challenge we face every day. I will add her to the list of MP that may be potentials, and will speak with the detective this afternoon regarding this potential match."

Such a lovely person honestly

Update on DNA analysis for all unidentified human remains: our main laboratory that OSP uses, the University of North Texas, has been shut down and non-operational for the last 8 weeks. We will not see DNA results on any of our UPs for quite some time. A realistic timeline would probably be well over a year.
These are frustrating facts, but I think a well-educated public is a stronger public. We strive for identifications every day with other means besides DNA: dental records comparisons, fingerprints (if available), tattoos, circumstantial evidence, etc. The truth is it can be difficult to find dental records for missing persons, as most adults don't really advertise to their family/friends who their dentist is. If we have a skull and mandible of an unidentified decedent, this is clearly the most efficient way to exclude individuals and possibly identify our decedent and bring resolutions to families.
Dentists offices purge records periodically, some every 7 years. Let your dentist know that if they are planning on purging your paper records, you want them for your personal files. I made this request to my dentist...he thought it was odd, but gave me the records when they were updating to digital files. It doesn't hurt, and even if your dental profile changes over the years, there are still physical features caught in x-rays that can be beneficial for identification. Thanks for listening, and thank you for the tips! Dr. Nici

Update on DNA analysis for all unidentified human remains: our main laboratory that OSP uses, the University of North Texas, has been shut down and non-operational for the last 8 weeks. We will not see DNA results on any of our UPs for quite some time. A realistic timeline would probably be well over a year.
These are frustrating facts, but I think a well-educated public is a stronger public. We strive for identifications every day with other means besides DNA: dental records comparisons, fingerprints (if available), tattoos, circumstantial evidence, etc. The truth is it can be difficult to find dental records for missing persons, as most adults don't really advertise to their family/friends who their dentist is. If we have a skull and mandible of an unidentified decedent, this is clearly the most efficient way to exclude individuals and possibly identify our decedent and bring resolutions to families.
Dentists offices purge records periodically, some every 7 years. Let your dentist know that if they are planning on purging your paper records, you want them for your personal files. I made this request to my dentist...he thought it was odd, but gave me the records when they were updating to digital files. It doesn't hurt, and even if your dental profile changes over the years, there are still physical features caught in x-rays that can be beneficial for identification. Thanks for listening, and thank you for the tips! Dr. Nici
Thank you so much for sharing. What a fascinating and informative post!

Hey Everyone,

We have been asked by the family of Jessica L. to remove any mention of her because she has been found alive.

Thank you for your continued hard work. You are so kind to help people you have never met.

I am very grateful you come to Websleuths and help others.
Take Care,
Tricia

There are now eight names on the NamUs exclusions list (please refer to the screenshots below):
E6D0BD08-FC0B-4E12-B780-D82120902CDC.jpeg AF91826B-E21A-42CD-9877-7EF1FA08425A.jpeg DC39FA48-B223-4594-97DA-88AFA00BB635.jpeg
Each name is linked to the missing person’s NamUs profile:
Missing Person / NamUs #MP21345
Stephanie Anne Warner

Missing Person / NamUs #MP33311
DeVona A. Rothrock

Missing Person / NamUs #MP39275
Cynthia Crystal Martinez

Missing Person / NamUs #MP60543
Jacqueline Rose Pagel

Missing Person / NamUs #MP65569
Tiffany Marie Lazon

Missing Person / NamUs #MP63971
Danielle Renee Bisnell

Missing Person / NamUs #MP59424
Heather Jeannette McAlister

Missing Person / NamUs #MP32917
Norma Jane Cavilee

I sent an email to you about MP68099, Graciela P Garcia missing from Hermiston OR 11/8/19. I see a resemblance. By looking at Graciela's social media, she wore nice clothing which also would seem to match. Here is a collage of UP67939 and several different looks and hair colors of Graceila Garcia.

Attachments

• GG.jpg
    GG.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 48
Here is the response from Dr. Nici:

Good morning, Rebekah:

Graceila Garcia has always been on our radar regarding a potential match for this unidentified woman. Unfortunately, there is virtually no information on her missing person profile to compare to our UP. There are no dental records, no indication that a DNA sample from family members has been collected, and no description of clothing items she was last seen wearing.

Our search capacities are only as good as the information uploaded into the system. The 2-D re-approximation is a great tool to use while narrowing down our search, but it can only be used as an indication of what our UP may have looked like. So it’s nearly impossible to make a determination by an artist’s rendering alone.

Feel free to post my response on WebSleuths, as your community may need to know that we have been looking at Graceila Garcia since the beginning. We just can’t rule her out with such limited information.

Take care, Dr. Nici

A colour version of the artist's reconstruction has been added, with colours based on DNA phenotyping. It seems she had lighter hair than was previously thought.

The hair and eye descriptions have also been updated:

Hair Color
Brown

Head Hair Description

Curly, relatively short.; Dark blonde to light brown

Eye Description

DNA phenotyping indicates a predicted eye color as green/hazel

Attachments

• UP67939.jpg
    UP67939.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 18
Here are the 19 current exclusions - I bolded the ones that are new since it was last reported in post #33. Interesting to see that 2 of these new rule-outs are older cold cases.
Mayra Fernandez Galan DLC July 1 2019 (NamUs page now gone)
Brianna Maitland DLC March 19 2004
Kami Vollendroff DLC November 21 2001
Joan Peterson DLC January 21 2017
Christine Wagner DLC October 10 2016
Myrna Lebeau DLC May 25 2016
Lisa Cronin DLC December 19 2019
Linda Peterson DLC March 17 2019
Anesha Murnane DLC October 17 2019
Glenda Cormie DLC April 15 2019
Kimberly Mericle DLC March 2 2017

Stephanie Warner DLC July 4 2013
DeVona Rothrock DLC November 20 2014
Cynthia Martinez DLC July 16 2017
Jacquelyn Pagel DLC March 20 2019 (NamUs page now gone)
Tiffany Lazon DLC December 25 2019
Danielle Bisnell DLC December 11 2019
Norma Cavilee DLC September 3 2015
Heather McAlister DLC July 3 2019

want to also add, Graciela Garcia DLC Nov 8 2019 has been suggested to LE but could not be ruled out due to a lack of forensics. Sheena Baca was also not able to be ruled out, but her page is now gone from NamUs/Cali MP site.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back