Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Davis. Barry’s neighbor and Firefighter buddy. He’s the guy Barry referred to in the TD video, paraphrased: “my buddy, he knows all about these things, he did 400 tours in Iraq and helped us search a 200 mile radius..” :rolleyes:
Thank You

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Thank You
GD is Barry’s Salida buddy with the “400 Iraq tours” who Barry referred to several times, his name is George Davis, apparently didn’t live too far from the Puma Path home.

Edited to answer your question about sleuthing Barry, yes, we can now that he’s been arrested as the murder suspect. I’m going Reread the rules to refresh my memory of what can be sleuthed!

Certainly the kids are victims of this, too, and shouldn't be disparaged for supporting their dad - or BMs mother for doing the same. I agree that they will probably continue to do so regardless of the evidence presented (and is also why I don't think we'll see a confession out of him, even with an offer of a reduced sentence). JMO.

I'm sure that the girls have not yet read the arrest affidavit, just like we haven't. It's possible they will have a change of heart in the future, but right now I'd bet they are in complete denial and scared to death, understandably so. If Barry had even a tiny bit of psychological control over them for the last year, imagine the pieces they are left to pick up with him away in jail. It's absolutely gut-wrenching to even think about.

George Davis. Barry’s neighbor and Firefighter buddy. He’s the guy Barry referred to in the TD video, paraphrased: “my buddy, he knows all about these things, he did 400 tours in Iraq and helped us search a 200 mile radius..” :rolleyes:
Thank You

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Thank You
GD is Barry’s Salida buddy with the “400 Iraq tours” who Barry referred to several times, his name is George Davis, apparently didn’t live too far from the Puma Path home.

Edited to answer your question about sleuthing Barry, yes, we can now that he’s been arrested as the murder suspect. I’m going Reread the rules to refresh my memory of what can be sleuthed!

I'm sure that the girls have not yet read the arrest affidavit, just like we haven't. It's possible they will have a change of heart in the future, but right now I'd bet they are in complete denial and scared to death, understandably so. If Barry had even a tiny bit of psychological control over them for the last year, imagine the pieces they are left to pick up with him away in jail. It's absolutely gut-wrenching to even think about.
He has no boundaries.
Maybe he successfully alienated them from Suzanne.

Barry Morphew appears in court charged with wife Suzanne's murder | Daily Mail Online

5/6/21

The couple's two daughters, Mallory and Macy - one of whom is under 18 - were present but the judge, in a written said that they were not to be pictured.

The two girls put on a strong show of support for their father inside the courtroom; they mouthed 'I love you' and made heart signs with their hands.

Morphew's lawyers tried to limit media coverage of the hearing and they also asked if he could appear in plain clothes. Judge Patrick Murphy denied his request.

The judge held him without bail but said he could continue to have communication with his daughters. He will return to court on May 27.
Wasn't the youngest daughter 17 on mother's day last year? She must be close to 18 if she hasn't turned 18 already. Imo

Take note that Colorado Law does not allow recording of court hearings for replay after the Livestream and any recorded replay is in violation of Colorado Law .

Colorado Virtual Courtrooms

NOTE: Except for the official court record, recording, reproduction, or livestreaming, via any means, of any portion of a Remote Hearing is strictly prohibited. Violation of this provision may result in the imposition of sanctions including contempt of court.

Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage

@Sillybilly
Thank you for this post @Seattle1 I had one screenshot I posted which I have reported and asked a mod to remove. Had no idea it was breaking CO law!

They had been together since they were very young, I would not be surprised if Barry was Suzanne’s one love in her life. They raised two children together, and I believe that Suzanne may have felt that marriage was for eternity. If circumstances, say an employment opportunity or a new fresh start might present themself, a dutiful, loving wife might agree to something that she had hesitation about. Plenty of people move for a spouse. I wonder if Suzanne ever lived in fear of him-did she ever believe he could kill? For some reason, I feel like she saw the good in him. Maybe not enough to stay married to him, or obey him when she had had enough. I do feel on some level this is all about money.
I tend to agree that it was about money. They were definitely high school sweethearts and started dating when SM was very young - and given her religious nature, I think it's a fair assumption that SM would likely view divorce as a last resort. I quizzed my wife about the conversation she had with the two of them, and she remembers well that both of them seemed very excited about a move to CO. Was SM acting that way to keep the peace? We may never know - but I'm more inclined to think something triggered this more recently - I'm hoping SMs friend will be a prosecution witness and can give insight into what was going on with their relationship. MOO.

No one here has disparaged them, but have been supportive.
Also agree with your post, that they will back him; and hence, no resulting confession and leading LE to her body.
Sad because it may mean Suzanne's remains will never be recovered and will languish possibly out in the elements.
I find that sad and disrespectful.
Suzanne deserved better.
Imo.
Thanks for clarifying that - I wasn't calling anyone out on this forum, though have seen some hints of nastiness elsewhere online....

Thank you for this post @Seattle1 I had one screenshot I posted which I have reported and asked a mod to remove. Had no idea it was breaking CO law!
Colorado has some of the strictest rules in the country regarding cameras in the courtroom. Here on WS - it's become known as the trial by twitter state (because of no live streaming). :)

I tend to agree that it was about money. They were definitely high school sweethearts and started dating when SM was very young - and given her religious nature, I think it's a fair assumption that SM would likely view divorce as a last resort. I quizzed my wife about the conversation she had with the two of them, and she remembers well that both of them seemed very excited about a move to CO. Was SM acting that way to keep the peace? We may never know - but I'm more inclined to think something triggered this more recently - I'm hoping SMs friend will be a prosecution witness and can give insight into what was going on with their relationship. MOO.
Interesting.
To me his selfishness seems to point to having found another woman and MOO wanting to move on with all the assets.

Well, it's definitely not either of his daughters. The woman is considerably older than 22 and is definitely neither one of the daughters.

Woman has reddish blonde hair, has been seen around Salida with Barry many times (according to Chris) and caught on camera with him more than once. On SM, people from Salida have been commenting about Barry's new squeeze (and a lot else about his "love life") and the woman's name is certainly linked to BM's on social media.
Which SM and who? I stopped using FB. Can you please PM me thanks.

I wonder if, after Barry reads the AA, he thinks, "Dang...How did they find all of this evidence?" After he sees what they have, he'll begin to spin his web of lies even more...

If there are any informants or witnesses that betrayed him, they better watch their backs.

Last edited:
I saw the tweet from LS regarding the friend she tried contacting who the Deputy said was “busy”. This has been confirmed by CM (The Interview Room) as a BM “girlfriend” of about 6 months that Chris has confirmed. 3 sheriff deputy cars were at her residence on Wednesday.
I wonder if they had a search warrant for her home or what that was about. Does anyone think that she was feeding the police information and the deputies were there to inform her that he had been arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth