Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is premiering right now (recorded today), and pretty interesting! Lauren and Tyson are both guests.

"They have copious amounts of blood, that prove a lack of life." Joseph Scott Morgan

Thanks! Nancy's guest, the woman without a southern accent, is Lauren Schafer? At about 39:40 Nancy says, "Talk me about this redhead!" to her guests. Guest Lauren S. replies that the woman seen in DailyMail photos is a good friend of Suzanne's who came to confront BM - not a "girlfriend" of BM.

More Arrests?
@sunflowerchick Thx for your post. True, someone else may already be in the co. jail in related charges.
And as a few others posted, the sheriff specifically weaseled on this question.
My paraphrasing: not expecting further arrests at this time.

Not criticizing him for phrasing to leave room for future developments, expected or unexpected. my2ct.
Exactly.

I keep remembering someone early on who said for the public to ask LE about the condition of the bike ?
It was odd then and is still odd now.
Did that person know it might not be Suzanne's bike ?
MOO.

Barry moved on so quickly, it was surreal to observe. Quite unexpected, a real juxtaposition from all those photo's we saw for over a year and how people initially described their marriage.

From the guardianship, selling Suzanne's car and homes, to entertaining females. It just makes your head spin. I wonder what he did with her clothes and personal effects?
I've never doubted he killed her, just not sure how and under what circumstances. Crime of passion or premeditated, I can't wait to read what evidence LE has.
Someone posted in previous thread Barry tried selling Suzanne’s clothes to a second hand shop in Salida, but they recognized BM and turned the clothing down. I’ll see if I can fine the post. Smdh

Thanks! Nancy's guest, the woman without a southern accent, is Lauren Schafer? At about 39:40 Nancy says, "Talk me about this redhead!" to her guests. Guest Lauren S. replies that the woman seen in DailyMail photos is a good friend of Suzanne's who came to confront BM - not a "girlfriend" of BM.

That's good to know. I hadn't seen this anywhere else.
All the MSM I've seen have alluded this some new love interest.

I believe they were on the left off of camera. He looked over that way when he came in and when he left.

There is no part of the audience area that's "off camera."

I watched the part where Barry comes in - he is wearing a jumpsuit - both myself and Lauren got that wrong (when he left the courtroom, his lower legs were obscured by a computer screen and when he stood up, it sure looked like the bottom half of his body was a different, solid color - but nope, it was a jumpsuit).

Exactly.

I keep remembering someone early on who said for the public to ask LE about the condition of the bike ?
MOO.

That was TN, Barry's nephew. He didn't live local to them IIRC so I'm not sure how he'd know what bike Suzanne rode.

The order granting enhanced media coverage specifically states the daughters could not be on camera. I think they likely were sitting in the jury box close to the camera so they were out of the picture. BM is also looking off to his right of the camera in the picture Skigh just posted, which would be the jury box.

Could be. There were two uniformed officers in the jury box. Surely we need MSM to affirm this though.

That's good.

Could someone elaborate on this?
Per @Cindizzi previous post with great explanation:

“The judge issued a protection order with civil contact so that Morphew may speak with his two daughters, Mallory and Macy.

“That contact must be civil. So, you cannot threaten, harass or annoy,” 11th Judicial District Court Judge Patrick Murphy cautioned.

Morphew’s public defenders, Magdalena Rosa and Daniel Zettler, received a digital copy of his arrest affidavit, which outlines probable cause. It remains sealed to the public.

His next court appearance is scheduled at 4 p.m. on May 27. He remains in Chaffee County jail without bond.”

Barry Morphew makes first court appearance since arrest in wife's killing

Take note that Colorado Law does not allow recording of court hearings for replay after the Livestream and any recorded replay is in violation of Colorado Law .

Colorado Virtual Courtrooms

NOTE: Except for the official court record, recording, reproduction, or livestreaming, via any means, of any portion of a Remote Hearing is strictly prohibited. Violation of this provision may result in the imposition of sanctions including contempt of court.

Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage

@Sillybilly

I hope a certain youtuber realizes this. Of course, if he doesn't plan to spend a lot of time in Colorado, perhaps he doesn't care. But by now, I'm guessing that several other youtubers have taken the footage.

It was livestreamed by the Court itself, in this case - I think the youtubers who streamed it were surprised. They were hoping for audio and got the full deal. Then the Judge actually said out loud, "The camera in this court has been turned off." So I thought it would go dark - but it didn't.

It might have been good for the people in charge of tech at the Courthouse to have that scrolling across the WebEx display - it could be done. Because...well, now lots of people have it. I suspect we will see very little in future.

In this case, the WebEx may be considered part of the official court record - which is supposedly public. I'm sure they'll just issue warnings if they catch any of the youtubers.

Could someone elaborate on this?

Fox 21 Legal Analyst Chris Decker (a different Chris not to be confused with Chris McDonough) broke down and explained BM's Advisement Hearing using the laws of Colorado applicable to BM. He also explained the Civil Protection Order imposed on BM when communicating with his daughters. Decker's 5 min video is linked below.

And for anybody that listened to Chris McDonough's (Interview Room YTube) 6-minute preface to BM's Advisement Hearing, please disregard what you heard and listen to Chris Decker's breakdown. Chris M's preface was clearly void of any knowledge of Colorado criminal courts, and what he stated as fact is not accurate.
Suzanne Morphew case: Husband Barry Morphew held without bail | FOX31 Denver

That's odd because I looked and looked but did not see them. There were certainly no two people sitting together in the public area. The only people I saw in front of the railing were court personnel - and Barry.

I saw Lauren in the audience and about 5 other people, each sitting separately. I figured only journalists were allowed in. If the girls were there, they did absolutely nothing to pull attention and I was watching very intently. The view was basically Judge's eye view on the camera - so I find it hard to believe they were there.

ETA: It was not Lauren and I'm not sure how I thought that it was - but the daughters are certainly not there. I will not post a screen capture because, well, I believe the Judge thought there was not a camera on. But the public did get to see it - it was streamed live on more than one youtube channel and is still available on Chris's channel if anyone wants to watch.
On the YouTube feed that I watched, I believe that I saw the two daughters enter with an older woman with white hair and someone else. The daughters have long, dark hair now. They were seated in the jury box area.

The prosecutor came over and told them to move down (presumably out of the view of the camera). You could still see the one daughter with her bottle of water I think that it was the older of the two. I heard one of them crying at the end.

If it wasn't the daughters, it was two young women who were about the daughters' ages with an older woman seated in the jury box area. The younger one even leaned over and rubbed the older sister's leg as if she were trying to comfort her.

I hope a certain youtuber realizes this. Of course, if he doesn't plan to spend a lot of time in Colorado, perhaps he doesn't care. But by now, I'm guessing that several other youtubers have taken the footage.

It was livestreamed by the Court itself, in this case - I think the youtubers who streamed it were surprised. They were hoping for audio and got the full deal. Then the Judge actually said out loud, "The camera in this court has been turned off." So I thought it would go dark - but it didn't.

It might have been good for the people in charge of tech at the Courthouse to have that scrolling across the WebEx display - it could be done. Because...well, now lots of people have it. I suspect we will see very little in future.

In this case, the WebEx may be considered part of the official court record - which is supposedly public. I'm sure they'll just issue warnings if they catch any of the youtubers.

I am not admitted in Colorado but in the two states where I practice the WebEx hearings are advertised the day before and they are essentially the equivalent of the public attending a proceeding in open court. The rules are posted and it is the same as in Court: no recording, no interruptions, and in one state, it is by invitation only. You email a specific email address and they respond giving you a link and password to attend. I suspect they may do something like that going forward so they can track whoever is attending. One state put out a warning that if you interrupt the proceedings your IP address will be banned from future proceedings.

I will say it has been...different...trying to navigate the waters with public spaces closed. People will say and do things online that they would never do in a physical court. Even in small cases with no publicity!

There is no part of the audience area that's "off camera."

I watched the part where Barry comes in - he is wearing a jumpsuit - both myself and Lauren got that wrong (when he left the courtroom, his lower legs were obscured by a computer screen and when he stood up, it sure looked like the bottom half of his body was a different, solid color - but nope, it was a jumpsuit).

BBM:
The way the camera is angled, the top 2 rows in the top left corner (from BM's view) of the Juror's Box are off camera. The two rows are positioned in just the correct spot that they cannot be seen by the camera because they are almost completely in line with the camera's position.
Edited for spelling

Exactly.

MOO.
I believe that it was Trevor Noel, Barry's nephew...the one who started the crowd sourcing fund.

ETA: I thought Trevor was Barry's nephew but listed himself as Suzanne's nephew on the G F M page. I found that kind of strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member