Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be anxious to see if a new attorney files a notice of appearance for BM before May 27 when BM appears before the Court to hear the charges against him.

So many rumors that BM has liquidated all his assets and is now a renter. It will be interesting if he claims he cannot afford a lawyer and requests one appointed for him.

If BM claims that SM might be alive and that he's innocent, I wonder if he'll claim that half of the proceeds from the liquidation are in trust for his ward, SM.

So many things to come -- can't wait to see the arrest affidavit!

Ditto!

I hope the jailers are keeping their eyes on BM. He's cornered. His mug shot reflected shock and confusion( to me) . I fear he may not be able to withstand the pressure that's on him. People are going to find out what he truly is and what he's done.

I think he's shallow and unequipped to tolerate life with no ego strokes from employees, wife, girlfriend, etc.

Jmoo

Edit to add: Prayers for the daughters and family members.

Last edited:
I hope the jailers are keeping their eyes on BM. He's cornered. His mug shot reflected shock and confusion( to me) . I fear he may not be able to withstand the pressure that's on him. People are going to find out what he truly is and what he's done.

I think he's shallow and unequipped to tolerate life with no ego strokes from employees, wife, girlfriend, etc.

Jmoo

His ego will be very stroked once the crazy prison loving women start sending inmate fan mail with sexy photos included.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
The bike ride is the most obvious, in my opinion, but I also have to ask why in the world BM would tell the world that he attended firefighter training on Mother's Day! In the middle of a global pandemic, why would BM make up the fire training story? o_O Actually, I think BM expected Fire Chief Bertram to corroborate this story.

I agree with your assessment on Barry and Suzanne, however, I was referring to the pics posted with his new lady friend. I think she appears to be younger than both Barry and Suzanne!

If she is who has been rumored about via SM for the past few months, actually, she's about the same age as them.

But I've always thought that Suzanne looked beautiful and youthful for her age. Same with Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Perhaps OP will take the word of a Colorado Attorney during his guest appearance on Profiling Evil when the subject WebEx video of today's Advisement hearing was first seen on the host's screen prior to any sound.

At about the 6:25 mark - Attorney Scott Reisch recognizes the WebEx screen and suggests that Mike King stop the Webex replay ( PE recorded) prior to the hearing evening beginning to play.

Scott did not want to see the illegal replay of the hearing and also did not want Profiling Evil to get in trouble, period.

It's OK to observe the hearing but any interpretation that a technical mistake by the court makes it OK to record and/or replay WebEx hearing holds no water.

5/6/21 - Barry Morphew Hearing - Discussion.
Yesterday, as I was about to go to bed, @Knox put up a link to this guy's podcast.
This morning, as I was about to go to bed, you did it!

I'm normally allergic to podcasts but I'm getting to like this fellow's work.
Thanks to you both and sleep can wait. Addicted.

Jmoo

Great points, very well made.
I agree.
(while hoping silently he stews in his own venom!)

I have the utmost, heartfelt compassion for the girls. I remind myself that we don’t know what story BM has convinced the daughters as being fact. Who knows, maybe he’d convinced them SM left voluntarily!? Anything is possible bc BM controlled the narrative in their world. With that in mind, they not only found out their father was arrested on first degree murder charges, but he’s standing accused of their mother’s murder! Maybe they weren’t even convinced she was dead. The amount of horrible devastation left by Barry is beyond what families should endure. All MOO
Praying for the daughters daily. #Justice4Suzanne is in sight.

I agree with this. I also have to say I would have to see convincing evidence before I would believe any of my loved one committed murder even if I know they may have a temper, and I’m way past being a child. This seems completely normal in my eyes and even more so if we are talking about a parent who has taken care of me up until now. It’s human not wanting to believe something bad like this over somebody so close to us, unless the person did bad things to us too before this already. Later on with evidence presented my view could and would change.

I’m so sorry for M &M, this must be extremely difficult. My heart goes out to them.

Before BM is appointed a Public Defender, he has to meet certain income level requirements -- BM's not dealt with that yet.
^^rsbm

I just remembered something from Chris Watts case that I found different about Colorado: the defendant is required to fill out an application for Public Defender/Court Appointed Counsel JDF 208, only if the defendant is released from custody and charges are still pending. (Representation will continue only if the defendant is determined to be eligible based on current guidelines).

In other words, as long as BM is in custody and cannot post bond, pursuant to Chief Justice Directive 04-04(III), the Public Defender's Office can automatically represent him (regardless of wealth).

All that cash from liquidating his and Suzanne's assets and BM will still be entitled to a public defender!

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/NOTICE OF AUTOMATIC ELECTION OF REPRESENTATION.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's where we differ. I think Barry was crazy in love with Suzanne. It was Suzanne's distancing herself from him that drove him over the edge. A fragile ego, he craved her approval. When she didn't feed his need, he couldn't handle it.
I might be able to believe Barry was crazy in love with Suzanne way back when they first met, or at least thought he was. At any rate, I think the bloom fell off the rose quite awhile ago for Barry. I personally think he was likely jealous of Suzanne and grew to despise her, her genuine loving goodness, selflessness, kindness, calm. She was everything he was not and will never be. I also think he possibly resented her because she was standing in the way of something he wanted, wanted to do, or was involved in that she found about about and put her foot down. She said no to him, maybe for the first time ever. IMO, Barry is entitled and doesn’t like the word no. No one is going to tell him what to do. He is the big man on campus, the boss, controller, master manipulator who expects everyone to kow tow to him. I believe Suzanne did just that for many, many years, but I think after beating cancer a second time, she was possibly reevaluating her life and perhaps trying to distance from him, yes. She might have mentioned separation or divorce, if so, neither was an option for ole Barry because of his huge ego and obvious greed.

IMO, people who are genuinely in love with someone else in the truest sense requires vulnerability, and able to feel empathy and compassion for others. Anyone who can deliberately take their beautiful, loving wife’s life, engage in elaborate coverup and dispose of them with such callous disregard, like trash, is someone with no soul, someone devoid of empathy and compassion, someone incapable of true, authentic love. His disrespectful behaviors and distancing language after the fact, prove to me even more his lack of respect and love for Suzanne. Yes, right now he is just accused/charged with murdering Suzanne, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. But I believe LE and DA Linda Stanley got this one right and must have some compelling evidence to charge him with deliberate Murder in the 1st degree. IMO, they would not have brought forth those serious charges if they felt they didn’t have air-right case. I believe in Linda Stanley’s confidence as she stated at the podium the other day. She has been described as a bulldog and so far, I like what I’ve seen and heard from her. And she’s right, this is about Suzanne, and Suzanne didn’t drive Barry to kill her because she wasn’t feeding his ego anymore. He deliberated and made a choice to kill her. Suzanne is his victim.
Can’t wait until we get to read the AA.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I agree 100% with everything you said. I think BM is gonna ride this to the bitter end, even when it is overwhelmingly against his best interests to at the very least, explore a plea bargain. Scott Peterson, Mike Peterson, Drew Peterson, Fotis Dulos, Patrick Frazee, etc etc ad nauseum.

Oh my giddy aunt, there are an awful lot of self-centered, selfish wife murderers who will never admit anything.

Note to self: do not marry anyone with the last name Peterson.

Wasn't the youngest daughter 17 on mother's day last year? She must be close to 18 if she hasn't turned 18 already. Imo

She might be 18, but regardless, they should be protected. I have a 22 year old and a 17 year old and I 100% would not consider them adults in any way except age. These are not 40 or 50 year old women with tons of life experience and by all accounts, they seem to have had wonderful trauma free childhoods/young adulthood. They are wading chest deep in uncharted waters. This has got to be so confusing and scary for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want Suzanne found. They can still have hope if she isn't found and they can still deny that their father did anything wrong. I am a 42 year old woman who would still have a hard time believing that my beloved father could do something like this. It would take ALOT of evidence to turn me against my dad and even then I don't know if I would believe it. Neither of my parents are/were saints by any stretch of the imagination but I still would never believe one was capable of killing the other. I am heartbroken for these girls regardless of who did what and I hope they seek therapy because stuff like this is traumatic (even if you didn't witness the event... source: personal experience) and can definitely cause PTSD and other mental health issues. Their brains haven't even fully formed and this could be very very damaging to a growing brain (source again: personal experiences at their ages).

I pray for all involved... even Barry... I don't think he has NPD... Narcissistic traits? Sure... but we all have those in some ways to greater or lesser degrees.

Jmo

Just a little insight regarding the PPP loans.
In order for the loans to be fully forgiven, all paperwork proof of retaining said employees and adherence to the rules must be submitted prior to loan forgiveness. One of the stipulations is that no one can be paid in access of 100K yearly out of PPP monies.
Even if the loan is not “forgiven” it’s still a loan at 1% interest rate, so still a bargain.
And to add to this if it hasn't been mentioned already, if you subcontract your work and issue 1099's, you can't claim that as having employees on payroll. You can claim yourself as an employee and pay yourself out of that money or if you paid someone who would receive a W2 could be claimed and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288