GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I know someone just asked this but I am still confused - at these upcoming hearings, can his attorneys argue for a new criminal trial?

Sorry I know someone just asked this but I am still confused - at these upcoming hearings, can his attorneys argue for a new criminal trial?

They have appealed his criminal trial - the judge is still deciding IF he'll get one. We probably won't know until the 28th of June in San Mateo County. The Stanislaus County case will be heard on June 21 & that is where the death sentence was struck down.

I am trying to remember the beginning phases of this crime. Didn't his sister in law say she felt he did it when he went to the parents/brothers house and his behavior made her really think he did it? ( hell, I think she wrote a book or something) I'm now watching "48 hours" and she is saying he's innocent but I recall in the beginning she said he was guilty. Can anyone remember and refresh my memory on this?

I think you're thinking of a diff sister, may be half sister. He went up there by the bay area to stay w/her and her husband and he was hitting on their babysitter?? He wasn't behaving like a mourning husband, in other words.

Something like that.....and darn it, I can't think of her name at the moment.

I saw an interview with the sis-in-law in her legal 'war room'. She had all these 'post its' with 'witnesses' names on them, claiming several people saw her the day, AFTER SP dad gone fishing.

So why didn't the defense team call on those witnesses. The prosecution said they weren't called because their stories were inconsistent with each others, and that is because there were 2 other similar women who walked golden retrievers, and one was pregnant also. So these sighting are not 100% credible.

But the story the defense is telling, about how Lacey and the baby ended up in the SF Bay, is so ridiculous. They claim the petty thieves kept the body after killing her that day---and much later, after it was reported that SP was fishing in the bay, they drove an hour and a half to dump the body there to frame him.

I saw an interview with the sis-in-law in her legal 'war room'. She had all these 'post its' with 'witnesses' names on them, claiming several people saw her the day, AFTER SP dad gone fishing.

So why didn't the defense team call on those witnesses. The prosecution said they weren't called because their stories were inconsistent with each others, and that is because there were 2 other similar women who walked golden retrievers, and one was pregnant also. So these sighting are not 100% credible.

But the story the defense is telling, about how Lacey and the baby ended up in the SF Bay, is so ridiculous. They claim the petty thieves kept the body after killing her that day---and much later, after it was reported that SP was fishing in the bay, they drove an hour and a half to dump the body there to frame him.
Was that the Forty Eight Hours episode? I thought they did a really poor job interviewing the sister-in-law.

They didn't ask her any questions about the day he was arrested with his dyed hair, his brother's ID, all the cash he had on him and several burner phones. Nor did they ask her anything about Amber Frye. I'd like to know what she has on her post-its about those things.

Was that the Forty Eight Hours episode? I thought they did a really poor job interviewing the sister-in-law.

They didn't ask her any questions about the day he was arrested with his dyed hair, his brother's ID, all the cash he had on him and several burner phones. Nor did they ask her anything about Amber Frye. I'd like to know what she has on her post-its about those things.
YES, it was the 48 Hrs episode. And NO, they didn't ask here any hard questions.

As to the ones you just asked, about WHY he dyed his hair, had 20 k in cash, and was almost to the Mexican border with his burner phones....:rolleyes:....I have seen FB 'answers ' for those questions on the
Scott Is Innocent site....

They say his hair got sun bleached, he had that cash cuz he just sold his car, or some BS like that....and he has to have burner phones because the cops were after him and spying on him, etc etc...And some even said 'So What if he was running off to Mexico? He is being framed and needed to escape.'

One of the most damning things is that he told his girlfriend that 'this was the 1st Christmas since his wife had gone...' or something like that.

And during his missing wife's vigil, he is on the phone, telling Amber he is watching fireworks at the Eiffel Tower. He is such a cold hearted liar.

YES, it was the 48 Hrs episode. And NO, they didn't ask here any hard questions.

As to the ones you just asked, about WHY he dyed his hair, had 20 k in cash, and was almost to the Mexican border with his burner phones....:rolleyes:....I have seen FB 'answers ' for those questions on the
Scott Is Innocent site....

They say his hair got sun bleached, he had that cash cuz he just sold his car, or some BS like that....and he has to have burner phones because the cops were after him and spying on him, etc etc...And some even said 'So What if he was running off to Mexico? He is being framed and needed to escape.'

One of the most damning things is that he told his girlfriend that 'this was the 1st Christmas since his wife had gone...' or something like that.

And during his missing wife's vigil, he is on the phone, telling Amber he is watching fireworks at the Eiffel Tower. He is such a cold hearted liar.
Here's a link to watch the episode if anyone is interested

Notorious wife killer Scott Peterson will "never be convicted of murder again," supporters say - CBS News

And, what's so silly about saying the 'real killers' framed him by dumping her body in the bay....is that the cops, and divers, etc were all there at the time.

There's no way they could have done something like that without being scene.

imo

https://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/scott-peterson-case/article251326023.html

May 18, 2021

The family of Scott Peterson hired and paid for his Los Angels-based attorney Mark Geragos during his first trial in 2004. For his second chance at freedom, it looks like Stanislaus County taxpayers could foot the bill.

But who will represent Peterson and at what expense remains to be seen.

Pat Harris, who served as second chair during the first trial, has been acting as Peterson’s attorney since his case was sent back to San Mateo Superior Court last year.

Peterson is indigent and has a right to be appointed an attorney.
[.....]
Harris filed a motion May 10 to be appointed as Scott Peterson’s attorney, which, if approved, would mean his services would be paid for by Stanislaus County at a rate of at least $125 an hour.

Assistant County Counsel Rob Taro filed an opposition to the motion on Monday, saying Harris hasn’t given adequate showing that Peterson is entitled to appointed counsel as opposed to an attorney from the public defender’s office or a conflict attorney that contracts with the county. Taro asked that the motion be denied and the Public Defender appointed.

“To allow Mr. Harris to represent the defendant at the public’s expense would be contrary to the law and has the potential to open the floodgates for such requests at tremendous costs to the taxpayers of Stanislaus County,” Taro wrote.

a lot more in the article.

I was just watching this on 20/20. So my question is how was the baby boy body was found a mile
away from her body. I would think his body would be right by her's. Cause she still has'nt had the
baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members